Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Lawrence Skating Saints Lake Placid Edition

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
    You guys are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. Compared to what we had in Boston through 1992 everything has been a joke. The hotel I stayed in LP had a large amount of people check out early on Saturday because as the hotel manager said "everyone said they only came to see their team"!! Why would I want to watch Harvard vs. Colgate when the result was a foregone conclusion?? Attendance was down from Friday night to Saturday! Attendance was less than the last year in Albany! What's wrong with this picture? NCHC 3rd place - 11,500 fans. Hockey East championship 13,000 plus. ECAC championship 4900! If that was accurate! If not for SLU fans in town because SLU made it to LP, it might have been more like 2500!
    Yes, but see therein lies the problem, you are entitled to your opinion yes, but you don't have a clue when to stop. You're now on here carrying on with fans of your own favorite team who you are supposed to have comradery with. It makes you look awful! As for your opinions on Lake Placid, well that's just fine. It's obvious you have some personal and honestly borderline creepy (i.e. as you mentioned since 1988) vendetta against the place. Get over it! Your opinion, while is allowed to be stated of course, isn't one that anyone should even acknowledge because of the source stating it. You're already on three or four threads just recently arguing with fans from almost every team. At one point in these threads I have heard you mention over half the teams in the league and why you dislike/hate/don't respect them. It just makes you look like someone who is a constant whiner and complainer and it certainly doesn't make you appear to be anyone who should be taken seriously ... Rant over!!!
    St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
    4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
    2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
    16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
    9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
    2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Why would I want to watch Harvard vs. Colgate when the result was a foregone conclusion??
      That game was far from a foregone conclusion. Colgate was in it until the final minute.

Attendance was down from Friday night to Saturday!
      While this may be true, there was still a very decent crowd last night. The arena wasn't dead by any means.

Attendance was less than the last year in Albany! What's wrong with this picture?
      Don't blame the fans, or the schools involved. The league isn't doing their part in promoting this. While I was there in person, I have a problem being the only conference that wasn't televised mainstream in HD. The online option was a joke too... Fridays overtime wasn't streamed as the coverage ended at the conclusion of the 3rd.

While I somewhat agree about the Olympic sheet, it is the same for all teams and they know that going in. Lake Placid is the best of the 3 locations I've been to for championship weekend. My only negative is the distance, but the atmosphere in that town makes up for the long drive (4-1/2 hrs for me).
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
      Northeast Regional:
      West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Saints#1 View Post
        Yes, but see therein lies the problem, you are entitled to your opinion yes, but you don't have a clue when to stop. You're now on here carrying on with fans of your own favorite team who you are supposed to have comradery with. It makes you look awful! As for your opinions on Lake Placid, well that's just fine. It's obvious you have some personal and honestly borderline creepy (i.e. as you mentioned since 1988) vendetta against the place. Get over it! Your opinion, while is allowed to be stated of course, isn't one that anyone should even acknowledge because of the source stating it. You're already on three or four threads just recently arguing with fans from almost every team. At one point in these threads I have heard you mention over half the teams in the league and why you dislike/hate/don't respect them. It just makes you look like someone who is a constant whiner and complainer and it certainly doesn't make you appear to be anyone who should be taken seriously ... Rant over!!!
        Seriously? Get over yourself!!!!!

You don't want to hear my opinions then put me on ignore. You want to make yourself look like a hypocrite, I'll go find the post where you were saying how awesome it is you only have a 45 minute drive from Plattsburgh! I am not on here trying to please you. Too bad if you don't like my opinion that presenting ROTY in the ice before the game when every other league has a banquet! How did guys like Cole Bardreau and Rob O'Gara get their awards?? Will call in the Albany league office? How many of you guys carping in me have been to the championship when it was in Boston? Or to another league championship like the old WCHA or HEA? I have, and we have some serious work to do to improve ours. As Carvy said, we get the kids who don't need the limelight. Well, considering our semifinal games were supposed to be televised and apparently weren't as people were watching the on streaming video, and the place was probably a third empty, that's not very good! As for the town, I didn't find it to be as good as Albany.

How many of you bought your tickets and went last year when SLU wasn't in it,?? I saw a few RPI fans, one Clarkson fan, and none from most other schools! If it's such an awesome environment why wouldn't you go?

Brandon as for the consolation game, two of the last three times it mattered. If the top 4 seeds go, it's the last chance to boost your PWR to get into the tourney! Why wouldn't you play a consolation???

Go ahead, defend the Mickey Mouse league management. That's the way to show your support for a program that was on the cusp of an at large bid. Next why don't some of you guys tell us how awesome the officiating was that Colgate deserved no more than 2 minors in that game (one of which gave us a crucial goal) and all the icing wave offs were great calls!! It sure is entertaining. Also, it'd be great to hear how Yale deserves an at large over us when we beat them twice, have a better league record, had a win over Miami that is more valuable than their win over Vermont?

Maybe I'll just discontinue my support of Saints Hockey and guys that ended up at SLU because of me like Joe Day, Casey Parenteau and Travis Vermuelen can end up somewhere else! If I take much more of your condescending bull**** about how I am creepy for not having opinion different than yours maybe I won't continue to support a program so a bunch of you can have a short commute to the championship game!

Take into consideration a few other things like I paid $250 a night for my hotel in LP. Last time I was in Albany is was less than half that. Yeah, who would want to make it more affordable and accessible?

Compared to being in Boston the league has fallen way off which is sad for a league that has some of the most storied programs and the last 2 NCAA champs. It's great you guys are all good with that!
        9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
        1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
          That game was far from a foregone conclusion. Colgate was in it until the final minute.

While this may be true, there was still a very decent crowd last night. The arena wasn't dead by any means.

Don't blame the fans, or the schools involved. The league isn't doing their part in promoting this. While I was there in person, I have a problem being the only conference that wasn't televised mainstream in HD. The online option was a joke too... Fridays overtime wasn't streamed as the coverage ended at the conclusion of the 3rd.

While I somewhat agree about the Olympic sheet, it is the same for all teams and they know that going in. Lake Placid is the best of the 3 locations I've been to for championship weekend. My only negative is the distance, but the atmosphere in that town makes up for the long drive (4-1/2 hrs for me).
          The game was a foregone conclusion from my point of view. The only way Harvard loses to Colgate is if half the team had food poisoning. I watched Colgate play at Harvard with half of Harvards stars out and it was a mismatch.

One additional point, I don't think the Big 10 is going to be thrilled with their tourney either, really sorry attendance in Detroit! I'll bet anyone that they'll make changes to address that!

I guess that's one of the funny parts about this. I've had long discussions with Joe Marsh in the past on a lot of these topics and, other than him hating Albany and preferring LP, he had a lot of the same opinions as me. I guess he was creepy and a whiner too??

Comment

I'll say it again, Yale got in because they beat Harvard four times.
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
              I'll say it again, Yale got in because they beat Harvard four times.
              Yes, but you lost to the twice as well. We went 2-0 against them and 11-0-1 against the Ivy League. It doesn't make sense to me. BUT, you don't have to defend the process to me. It is what it is, and I hope you guys have great success. It is kind of unfortunate that in some ways it comes down to luck with regard to how the NC games schedules sometimes years ahead determines your fate. If Ferris State finished the season ranked where they were at the start, who knows where we end up. Two 1 goal losses to Vermont and a blown 3 goal lead at Northeastern was probably our undoing!

Comment

Seriously? Get over yourself!!!!!

You don't want to hear my opinions then put me on ignore. You want to make yourself look like a hypocrite, I'll go find the post where you were saying how awesome it is you only have a 45 minute drive from Plattsburgh! I am not on here trying to please you. Too bad if you don't like my opinion that presenting ROTY in the ice before the game when every other league has a banquet! How did guys like Cole Bardreau and Rob O'Gara get their awards?? Will call in the Albany league office? How many of you guys carping in me have been to the championship when it was in Boston? Or to another league championship like the old WCHA or HEA? I have, and we have some serious work to do to improve ours. As Carvy said, we get the kids who don't need the limelight. Well, considering our semifinal games were supposed to be televised and apparently weren't as people were watching the on streaming video, and the place was probably a third empty, that's not very good! As for the town, I didn't find it to be as good as Albany.

How many of you bought your tickets and went last year when SLU wasn't in it,?? I saw a few RPI fans, one Clarkson fan, and none from most other schools! If it's such an awesome environment why wouldn't you go?

Brandon as for the consolation game, two of the last three times it mattered. If the top 4 seeds go, it's the last chance to boost your PWR to get into the tourney! Why wouldn't you play a consolation???

Go ahead, defend the Mickey Mouse league management. That's the way to show your support for a program that was on the cusp of an at large bid. Next why don't some of you guys tell us how awesome the officiating was that Colgate deserved no more than 2 minors in that game (one of which gave us a crucial goal) and all the icing wave offs were great calls!! It sure is entertaining. Also, it'd be great to hear how Yale deserves an at large over us when we beat them twice, have a better league record, had a win over Miami that is more valuable than their win over Vermont?

Maybe I'll just discontinue my support of Saints Hockey and guys that ended up at SLU because of me like Joe Day, Casey Parenteau and Travis Vermuelen can end up somewhere else! If I take much more of your condescending bull**** about how I am creepy for not having opinion different than yours maybe I won't continue to support a program so a bunch of you can have a short commute to the championship game!

Take into consideration a few other things like I paid $250 a night for my hotel in LP. Last time I was in Albany is was less than half that. Yeah, who would want to make it more affordable and accessible?

Compared to being in Boston the league has fallen way off which is sad for a league that has some of the most storied programs and the last 2 NCAA champs. It's great you guys are all good with that!
                Do you really not get it? Do you not understand that my comment got me nine ... NINE positive reps!!! People don't like you!!!!! You have been on here for years acting a condescending, name dropping, smart ***, has been who thinks his **** don't stink and everyone can't stand you, but yet here you still are doing the same thing year after year after year. I have witnessed others try to let you know nicely (and some not so nicely) how you are and how you appear to others on here and that still clearly didn't work. I thought maybe, just maybe hearing it from a fellow Saints fan might make you get the picture, but judging by the fact that you clearly fell off the cliff with the reaction to my post it goes to show that you didn't get it! Show some of us on here a little bit of respect for the fact that we actually understand the need to treat people the right way, especially those that you don't know. Having enough common sense to know that criticizing each and everything you encounter will not get you any respect. The sooner you learn that the better! Now if you don't mind I'm going to continue to be positive about my team, the league they play for, Lake Placid, the opposing teams and their respective fan bases. You can continue to be a whine *** as long as you like, but just know that my above stated reasons are why the vast majority of us can't stand you on here. Was that clear enough for you? Oh and btw, I went the ECAC championship weekend last year in Lake Placid without the Saints in it ... Have a nice day!

16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000

Comment

Do you really not get it? Do you not understand that my comment got me nine ... NINE positive reps!!! People don't like you!!!!! You have been on here for years acting a condescending, name dropping, smart ***, has been who thinks his **** don't stink and everyone can't stand you, but yet here you still are doing the same thing year after year after year. I have witnessed others try to let you know nicely (and some not so nicely) how you are and how you appear to others on here and that still clearly didn't work. I thought maybe, just maybe hearing it from a fellow Saints fan might make you get the picture, but judging by the fact that you clearly fell off the cliff with the reaction to my post it goes to show that you didn't get it! Show some of us on here a little bit of respect for the fact that we actually understand the need to treat people the right way, especially those that you don't know. Having enough common sense to know that criticizing each and everything you encounter will not get you any respect. The sooner you learn that the better! Now if you don't mind I'm going to continue to be positive about my team, the league they play for, Lake Placid, the opposing teams and their respective fan bases. You can continue to be a whine *** as long as you like, but just know that my above stated reasons are why the vast majority of us can't stand you on here. Was that clear enough for you? Oh and btw, I went the ECAC championship weekend last year in Lake Placid without the Saints in it ... Have a nice day!
                  Wow. So here's the thing. **** you and the horse you road in on. Do you think I give two plops what you think. My life is shattered that I don't have the endorsement of a bunch of people from poverty stricken, over-taxed northern, NY. I haven't got nine but I've gotten several positive reps for my viewpoint as well. USCHO, a popularity contest. That's funny! Don't waste your time with your platitudes and condescension! I have never seen you add anything of value and I doubt you'll start anytime soon!

Comment

Yes, but you lost to the twice as well. We went 2-0 against them and 11-0-1 against the Ivy League. It doesn't make sense to me. BUT, you don't have to defend the process to me. It is what it is, and I hope you guys have great success. It is kind of unfortunate that in some ways it comes down to luck with regard to how the NC games schedules sometimes years ahead determines your fate. If Ferris State finished the season ranked where they were at the start, who knows where we end up. Two 1 goal losses to Vermont and a blown 3 goal lead at Northeastern was probably our undoing!
                    I would agree that the 2 UVM losses did you in.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
                      I would agree that the 2 UVM losses did you in.
                      Agreed! Once UVM started their season off hot and this matchup was looming, I had a feeling it would either be a make or break in terms of pairwise. Even if we had won one game, we would have been in a much better position than we finished. Of course the two losses to end the season to Union and RPI weren't so great either. Although I don't think flipping those two games to wins would have us in or not. Anyone know the answer to that one?

Comment

Wow. So here's the thing. **** you and the horse you road in on. Do you think I give two plops what you think. My life is shattered that I don't have the endorsement of a bunch of people from poverty stricken, over-taxed northern, NY. I haven't got nine but I've gotten several positive reps for my viewpoint as well. USCHO, a popularity contest. That's funny! Don't waste your time with your platitudes and condescension! I have never seen you add anything of value and I doubt you'll start anytime soon!
                        This is exactly the catch-phrase St. Lawrence needs to attract the next generation of high quality students and hockey players, "Come to St. Lawrence University. Located in poverty stricken, over-taxed northern NY!" Thank you.

Comment

I just wanted to say Congrats on a great season that I don't think anyone expected. Next year will be great also !
                          Last edited by sshablak; 03-23-2015, 09:34 AM.
                          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

WOW! I have never seen two grand slams back to back but you managed to pull it off!!! I haven't been on this site in a couple of years so let me start by saying congrats to this year's Saints team. A great season for you indeed! Classy coach leading a classy program! Unfortunately there is a dark cloud hanging over what is considered one of the best run programs in the nation and it all too often rears it's ugly head here on these forum topics that include the Skating Saints. I don't need to name anybody by name as you all know what(and who) I'm referring to! Like a broken record the rhetoric from this individual just keeps being repeated. After two or three years of absence from this site I come back and see nothing new here from this person. Same old, same old!!! A shame really. All you Saints fans deserve better! Keep your heads held high as you have a very bright future ahead!!!

Comment

I see Kimball Union defenseman, Ben Finkelstein, announced on Twitter yesterday that he is committing to SLU! Looks like another great get by Coach Carvel and his coaching staff. These guys just keep up the work even during ECAC Championship weekend!

https://twitter.com/BennyFink/status/579726274966491136
                              SLU '97

Comment

Originally posted by ChazGKfan View Post
                                WOW! I have never seen two grand slams back to back but you managed to pull it off!!! I haven't been on this site in a couple of years so let me start by saying congrats to this year's Saints team. A great season for you indeed! Classy coach leading a classy program! Unfortunately there is a dark cloud hanging over what is considered one of the best run programs in the nation and it all too often rears it's ugly head here on these forum topics that include the Skating Saints. I don't need to name anybody by name as you all know what(and who) I'm referring to! Like a broken record the rhetoric from this individual just keeps being repeated. After two or three years of absence from this site I come back and see nothing new here from this person. Same old, same old!!! A shame really. All you Saints fans deserve better! Keep your heads held high as you have a very bright future ahead!!!
                                I hesitate to get drawn in as last time as I was seemingly regaled as a communist (as an emigre with a patently obvious Irish surname) and a geezer (returning to Canton for his 50th)
                                We certainly have the right to our opinions but civility demands that we not be sniping at each other
                                To resort to ad hominem attacks and foul language is only indicative of an uneducated mind - albeit one allegedly accepted at an Ivy institution(s)

Looking forward to another classy on ice program in 2015-2016
                                Not to mention other classy programs - most notably Bob Durocher's amazing record

Tis "only a game"
                                SLU65

Comment

Working...
                                X