Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
    You can thank Saints#1 and Saintsdad.
    Really, what are you a 12 year old? That was over a year ago and I, being a mature adult, have long since let it pass. I said what I had to say, you said what you had to say, then like adults do we moved on. Or at least I did anyways. What's stopping you from doing the same?
    St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
    4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
    2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
    16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
    9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
    2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

• Re: St. Lawrence Skating Saints Lake Placid Edition

Well........an impressive final score.....impressive on the scoreboard, but to these eyes it wasn't our best effort. I'll be real curious to see what the coaches comments are. Although we piled on the score at the end....I thought our play was very sloppy compared to last night. The crisp passing was lacking, the speed and hustle were lacking. If the game were scored on effort IMO, RIT would have won in that category. I thought our worst aspect tonight was the breakout was non-existent. We were chipping it out...banking it off the boards whereas last night almost every breakout was a snappy pass to someone's stick and we maintained possession. Tonight we lost possession on most breakouts.
      Kind a nuts to be grousing about a lopsided win.....but I did not like what I saw tonight. IMO that effort, in conference against a decent (not even good) team... will net a loss.
      SLU

Comment

It wasn't pretty for the better half of that game, but I'm not going to complain much about the first weekend of the season where we get a couple wins and a combined 10-2 score. The PP didn't score tonight, and really didn't generate a ton of chances either. PK stayed perfect, so that's a good sign.

My takeaways from tonight? Games like this are alright, IMO. A game where they didn't play great, had to bend and not break a bit. There will be probably be more of these this season, especially as we get into the ECAC grind. There's a good bit to work on this week in practice, so a weekend of blowouts against overmatched competition can't get to their heads. A couple fairly tough road games next weekend @UNH/@Merrimack.

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
          I'll be real curious to see what the coaches comments are.
          From the recap on ECAC's site:

"I think you are going to see the same thing all year. We have all four lines that can score. Parts of the game I wasn't too happy with…early in the game we were a little sloppy at times, I don't know if we were a little too comfortable going into the game. Ultimately the result was 5-1 and shots were lopsided again. I am happy for the first weekend. We did a good job."

"We saw a lot of good things for the first weekend. Our back end is going to be really good from Sweetman to Bayreuther to Gluchowski and Purmal. I am real excited about our back and unlike last year Hayton doesn't have to make a thousand saves. We've done a good job of limiting shots and that is a real good sign."

http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2014-1...151010_SLU_RIT

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
            You can thank Saints#1 and Saintsdad.
            Although the facts don't support your opinion, it doesn't surprise me that you hold it (and, btw, I support your right to do so.) But, that discussion ended many months ago. That's all I'll say on this topic; it's time to move on to the new season.

I didn't have the chance to watch the games this weekend, so I'll rely on the observations of others, particularly Coach Carvel. Regardless of the negatives, we have two wins, goals from 9 players and points from 15, just 3 GA's, a wealth of game pressure knowledge, and a clear set of objectives to achieve our goals. Not a bad 1st weekend.
            Last edited by saintsdad; 10-11-2015, 04:29 PM.

Comment

I agree with the comments on here about the first weekend for the most part. I think the play was indeed sloppy at times. Typical for the first full weekend of hockey of the season. I will say this though, I thought that our team speed is tremendous! I think they looked even faster than they were last year. They gave both teams fits with our speed all weekend and while yes we did the same last year we seemed to be even faster now. I think this team will be in great shape at the end of the season. We have some kinks to work out, but I think in due time they will work themselves out. Now onto UNH and Merrimack.
              St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
              4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
              2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
              16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
              9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
              2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Hey guys

Tell me about Tyler Parks who has transferred to D-III Adrian College. Tall feller. Is D-III more his speed or did he see the hamburger on the wall and know his playing time would be very limited?
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Hey guys

Tell me about Tyler Parks who has transferred to D-III Adrian College. Tall feller. Is D-III more his speed or did he see the hamburger on the wall and know his playing time would be very limited?
                  Most likely the latter. I'd be somewhat surprised if he was recruited to be "the guy" at SLU.

However, I'd imagine he'll do fine at D-3. I never felt he was out of place in the games he saw action at SLU.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Hey guys

He was recruited as a backup and he left because he was out of eligibility.
                    9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                    1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                      He was recruited as a backup and he left because he was out of eligibility.
                      junior eligibility?
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

He's got two years left.

Nice kid, at least when I talked to him.

Pure speculation, but I'm guessing he saw what was in front of him, and what came in, and he decided that he didn't want to sit, and wanted to play. So off to Adrian he went.
                        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                          He's got two years left.

Nice kid, at least when I talked to him.

Pure speculation, but I'm guessing he saw what was in front of him, and what came in, and he decided that he didn't want to sit, and wanted to play. So off to Adrian he went.
                          No, he does not. He has used his NCAA eligibility. I don't know the background and whether he played some Jr games, but he has no more eligibility which is why he left SLU.

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/s...class-20150419

From the article link above: A California native, Brey completes St. Lawrence’s group of incoming players. Brey played the past three seasons in the USHL, the previous two with the Sioux Falls Stampede, where he went 9-9-2 with a 2.48 goals-against average in 25 appearances in the 2014-15 season.

Brey will take the roster spot of Tyler Parks, who left St. Lawrence after his sophomore season because his eligibility ran out.
                          Last edited by Got 6, Want More; 10-14-2015, 11:04 AM.
                          9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                          1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Hockeydb states that he played two years in the NAHL and two at St Lawrence, with no gap in between. Nothing there to suggest that he's done, unless we're both missing something.

Now, the same site reveals two Tyler Parks, the other of which played in the AJHL. They were born a year apart. That could be the case. I don't know without doing more digging. *shrug*
                            Last edited by Hammer; 10-14-2015, 12:05 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                              Hockeydb states that he played two years in the NAHL and two at St Lawrence, with no gap in between. Nothing there to suggest that he's done, unless we're both missing something.

Now, the same site reveals two Tyler Parks, the other of which played in the AJHL. They were born a year apart. That could be the case. I don't know without doing more digging. *shrug*
                              The Tyler Parks in question, IIRC, came out of the NAHL.

Along with your thinking, unless there's something REALLY quirky going on, there shouldn't be a reason why he has no eligibility after his sophmore year. It isn't like he has used up his 5 years for 4 eligible playing years, afaik.
                              Last edited by hockeyplayer1015; 10-14-2015, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                                The Tyler Parks in question, IIRC, came out of the NAHL.
                                Right. That's the one we're talking about.

He started playing in the NAHL in 2011, at 19. You would think that if he had gone the major junior route, that would be listed on that site, but there is nothing. And at the same time, I don't know where someone (I don't know anything about the person that wrote that article) gets information that he's out of eligibility. I suspect that he didn't just pull that tidbit out of thin air. So I don't know what we've got. *shrug*

For full disclosure, I am an Adrian supporter, for those who don't know why I'm over here all of a sudden.

It will reveal itself soon enough.
                                Last edited by Hammer; 10-14-2015, 01:18 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X