St. Lawrence Skating Saints Lake Placid Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Lawrence Skating Saints Lake Placid Edition

Congrats to Carvey and the team for the high marks on the preseason polls. Now they have the tough job to work hard and make the magic happen!

Looking forward to the season starting soon and seeing the returning players stronger, faster and better. Also excited to see the new additions such as Pritchard and the other freshmen.
    SLU '97

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaceman View Post
      Congrats to Carvey and the team for the high marks on the preseason polls. Now they have the tough job to work hard and make the magic happen!

Looking forward to the season starting soon and seeing the returning players stronger, faster and better. Also excited to see the new additions such as Pritchard and the other freshmen.
      I'm excited as well. Our defense and goaltending should be in the top 1/3rd of the league. The question is how they handle now having a target on them, and if the offense can continue to contribute from everywhere. I anticipate special teams also being a strength both ways, although it may be difficult to keep up the PK rate.

Carvel also mentioned how SLU won't get away with doing things like they did last year. Quite curious to see how they adapt and change to try to stay above the competition.

Comment

Even before the season begins, the Saints do have a few banged up players dealing with injuries.

Dahl has a broken ankle, Smolcynski‏ a hip pointer and Gicewicz a concussion.

Happy healing to these Saints.
        SLU '97

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceman View Post
          Even before the season begins, the Saints do have a few banged up players dealing with injuries.

Yikes.....ankle is not going to heal quickly and the concussion is something we never like to hear about.
          SLU

Comment

I wish all-3 guys a speedy recovery. Hope they are back practicing and in the lineup soon.

On another note, Christian Horn has recently been listed as a senior and not a junior on the SLU Roster. If that is the case eligibility-wise, Don Lucia at Minnesota didn't do Christian any favors and that coach is now on my very short list of college coaches that I dislike (note: only one of those coaches is in the ECAC - there's no surprise who that coach is). Could somebody who knows more than I do explain, if true, why Christian lost two years - and not one year - of eligibility due to his time at 'Minny?

On a personal note, I'll be having some minor surgery this week or next due to a foot injury of my own. My ability to make the trip to Penn State is now 50-50 at best and depends on whether I'm relatively mobile by 10/29.

If the Saints work as hard as they did last season, the sky will be the limit. 10/3 can't come soon enough.
            GO SAINTS.

Comment

Ranked #19 to start the season. Right behind QU, right ahead of Colgate.

ECAC begins the year with 5 teams in the top 20. Obligatory "polls don't matter".

Comment

Watching the Exhibition Game tonight/Sat. Smolcynski is playing and looks good. Initial impression of Pritchard is that he is really good.
                GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskieman View Post
                  Watching the Exhibition Game tonight/Sat. Smolcynski is playing and looks good. Initial impression of Pritchard is that he is really good.
                  I am watching as well and I also agree Pritchard looks great! He was robbed of a glorious chance out in front by their goalie. However, it appears he will be getting his fair share as his career goes on. It's 1-0 Saints end of the 1st for those of you who can't listen in.
                  St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                  4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                  2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                  16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                  9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                  2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Speaking of which, Pritchard just scored for the Saints! He also has an assist! 3-2 Saints late in the 2nd period now.
                    St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                    4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                    2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                    16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                    9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                    2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Saints win 5-3. Woody with two goals, Pritchard with a goal and an assist, and Laidley with 2 assists. We only dressed 11 (out of 15) forwards for the game, with Dahl, Steinhauser, Sullivan, and Thompson not in the lineup. On defense, we dressed 7 (out of 9), with Bayreuther and Gicewicz not in the lineup. Hayton was in nets for the 1st and the 2nd, and Brey played in the 3rd. The bad news is that, per Greg and Wally, Marnell played in the first but got injured in the game. Based on Spaceman's recent post, I believe that Dahl and Gicewicz are injured.

The PP looked really sharp. I hope the guys who are hurt heal up real soon.
                      GO SAINTS.

Comment

Well, we are here, game day! Wish I wasn't tied up this evening, but I won't be able to tune in until tomorrow night's game.

With that being said, here are some good article's from Thursday's WDT:

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/s...ayton-20151008

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/s...ition-20151008
                        SLU '97

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaceman View Post
                          Well, we are here, game day! Wish I wasn't tied up this evening, but I won't be able to tune in until tomorrow night's game.

Good luck gang!
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Not a whole lot of chatter here for the start of a season............a question, has the Facebook Group replaced this forum? I see/read/post way more there now than here.

Good luck to the Saints this season. Nothing less than a sweep this weekend!!! As Coach says........we're not going to sneak up on anyone this year. Everyone will be gunning for us and ready.
                            IMO there are a lot of very good teams in the ECAC.........it would not surprise me to see the top 4 teams have barely better than a .500 record in conference as I think there are so many good teams. Like most years every point in conference is going to mean a lot.
                            SLU

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
                              Not a whole lot of chatter here for the start of a season............a question, has the Facebook Group replaced this forum? I see/read/post way more there now than here.

Good luck to the Saints this season. Nothing less than a sweep this weekend!!! As Coach says........we're not going to sneak up on anyone this year. Everyone will be gunning for us and ready.
                              IMO there are a lot of very good teams in the ECAC.........it would not surprise me to see the top 4 teams have barely better than a .500 record in conference as I think there are so many good teams. Like most years every point in conference is going to mean a lot.
                              Well...........I guess I answered my own question..........this thread appears to be dead.
                              SLU

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
                                Well...........I guess I answered my own question..........this thread appears to be dead.
                                You can thank Saints#1 and Saintsdad.
                                9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                                1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X