Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Lawrence Skating Saints Lake Placid Edition

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Still can't get past the semifinals.....

Seriously -- Good / great job. Now does he become the next hot thing for larger programs?
    I don't think so Joe........although there is a plum opening now in North Dakota!!!! Who saw that one coming???

I think Coach Carvel has a lot of work he wants to get done in his hometown first.
    SLU

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Still can't get past the semifinals.....

Seriously -- Good / great job. Now does he become the next hot thing for larger programs?
      I'm sure he'll get inquiries, but hometown guy at his alma mater... I'd have a hard time believing he would leave a situation like that, other than maybe the pro ranks. Doubt he goes elsewhere in NCAA.

Comment

Originally posted by nhlfan1 View Post
        Any insight on recruits Corriveu and Conger? Any good?
        They are excellent, top notch recruits!

Corriveu in 28 games at Westminster Prep, had 24 goals and 17 assists for 41 points.

Conger in 33 games at Cushing Academy had 28 goals and 36 assists for 64 points.
        SLU '97

Comment

How is Joe Marsh doing?
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
            How is Joe Marsh doing?
            I believe TimU saw him at the Frozen Four in Boston. I don't know much other than that.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              How is Joe Marsh doing?
              He is doing great. He looks as healthy and as happy as he has ever been and he is still working with Carvy to make SLU better. He is loving seeing the grandkids on a regular basis.
              9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
              1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                He is doing great. He looks as healthy and as happy as he has ever been and he is still working with Carvy to make SLU better. He is loving seeing the grandkids on a regular basis.
                Still telling jokes? He brought the house down at the 2014 coaches' convention.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

NHL Draft Preview:

84. Taggart Corriveau, Right Wing, Westminster Prep (USHS)
                  6’0”, 163 pounds, Newington, CT

Among New England prep school players, Taggart Corriveau leads the group of five into the NHL Draft. Corriveau, a future commit to St. Lawrence University, recently finished his junior year with Westminster Prep at home in Connecticut. Corriveau was dangerous with the man advantage, resulting in a 24-goal, 17-assist season in 28 games.

He is a creative player, often preferring to stay wide and look over the situation in a composed manner, one trait that will benefit him moving forward. Corriveau was selected by the Waterloo Black Hawks during Phase Two of the USHL Entry Draft, and will likely forgo his senior season at Westminster in favor of the USHL before transferring to St. Lawrence in 2016-17.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...pact-forwards/
                  Last edited by Spaceman; 06-09-2015, 09:52 AM. Reason: Added link
                  SLU '97

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaceman View Post
                    NHL Draft Preview:

84. Taggart Corriveau, Right Wing, Westminster Prep (USHS)
                    6’0”, 163 pounds, Newington, CT

Among New England prep school players, Taggart Corriveau leads the group of five into the NHL Draft. Corriveau, a future commit to St. Lawrence University, recently finished his junior year with Westminster Prep at home in Connecticut. Corriveau was dangerous with the man advantage, resulting in a 24-goal, 17-assist season in 28 games.

He is a creative player, often preferring to stay wide and look over the situation in a composed manner, one trait that will benefit him moving forward. Corriveau was selected by the Waterloo Black Hawks during Phase Two of the USHL Entry Draft, and will likely forgo his senior season at Westminster in favor of the USHL before transferring to St. Lawrence in 2016-17.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...pact-forwards/
                    Redlight has seen him and was very impressed. The danger for you guys is a Hockey East school may cut in line and try to steal him.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

The Saints land another solid recruit in forward Will Harrison: https://twitter.com/Wharrison_11/sta...13970519625728

Here is the Over The Boards description of him from last year:

Deceptively quick for his size, Harrison enters the zone with the puck and takes command of the offensive assault. Very effective hands complemented by a hockey mind that doesn’t force much of anything, should continue to produce offense as he moves up the levels.

http://overtheboards.net/may-select-70-2014/
                      SLU '97

Comment

Former Saint defenseman Tony Maci has been hired as a Princeton Women's hockey assistant coach. He has previously been working at D-3 Adrian in the same role.

Comment

Here's info. on another recruit, I think for the Fall of 2016:

SLAKER EARNS COMMITMENT TO ST. LAWRENCE

on Jul 02, 2015

Bloomington, IL – The Bloomington Thunder are proud to announce Jake Slaker (St. Lawrence University) has become the 26th player in the organization’s short history to earn a college commitment. Slaker announced Thursday on Twitter that he will join the St. Lawrence Saints following his time in the United States Hockey League.

Via Twitter, “Proud to announce my commitment to play D1 college hockey at St. Lawrence University. Thanks to everyone that helped along the way #ECAC”

Slaker, 19, played his first full season in the USHL with the Thunder in 2014-15 and was one of the hottest players on the club. The San Diego, CA native ranked third on the team in goals with 13, and first among Thunder rookies in points with 25. His success was noted by the organization when Slaker was awarded the Most Improved Player award at the season finale.

“It’s pretty exciting for me and my family and it’s nice for me to be out here in California to share the experience with them,” said Slaker, who has spent considerable time in the Chicago area over the last few seasons. “It just feels like a monkey off your back, but it doesn’t mean the work stops. Now it becomes something to look forward to in the next two years or so.”

Prior to joining Bloomington, Slaker was drafted into the USHL by the Fargo Force in 2013 and played two games with the club. Slaker was acquired prior to the season and played in 57 games for Bloomington. He would have been the Thunder’s “iron man” to play in all 60 games, but missed the final three contests due to a late season injury.

Along with the rest of the Thunder, Slaker skated at camp in West Dundee, IL this summer and seemed to be in full stride both physically and mentally. “The most important thing to me right now is getting back to work in Bloomington and winning a championship now that I’ve made the commitment.”

He, along with the rest of the team, will report back to Bloomington for training camp in August. From there the final roster will be determined before the season kicks off in late September.

“Overall, I’m excited to get back with my teammates to get that chemistry back again. It’s kind of like starting a family,” Slaker continued. “We’ll get some more members under our belt at camp, then hopefully make the playoffs this year, and give a good run at the Clark Cup.”

Slaker is the second player for Bloomington with a St. Lawrence commitment. Bailey Conger (St. Lawrence University), who played in two games for Bloomington in 2014-15, will also be a Saint in the NCAA.

In addition, Thunder draft pick Will Harrison (St. Lawrence University) also announced his commitment to the Saints just one week ago. Harrison was the Thunder’s third round selection in Phase II of the USHL Draft. Suiting up for the Thunders sister organization last year, the Amarillo Bulls in the North American Hockey League, the Springfield, VA native scored 43 points (20g, 23a) in 49 games.

Record NHL Draft: A record 37 USHL players were selected in the 2015 NHL draft. 29 of those selected played against Bloomington at the U.S. Cellular Coliseum in 2014-15 over 25 of the Thunder’s 30 games at home. Ten others drafted were USHL alumni. Of the 32 first-round picks, the USHL saw four selected in the top ten and eight overall.
                          GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceman View Post
                            The Saints land another solid recruit in forward Will Harrison: https://twitter.com/Wharrison_11/sta...13970519625728

Here is the Over The Boards description of him from last year:

Deceptively quick for his size, Harrison enters the zone with the puck and takes command of the offensive assault. Very effective hands complemented by a hockey mind that doesn’t force much of anything, should continue to produce offense as he moves up the levels.

http://overtheboards.net/may-select-70-2014/
                            Here's some more info:

Amarillo forward Harrison makes NCAA DI commitment

June 30, 2015

By Denis Puska, Amarillo Bulls

In February, Amarillo forward Will Harrison was selected to and played in the 2015 NAHL Top Prospects Tournament for the South Division team.

Harrison credits the NAHL's Amarillo Bulls with helping him achieve a childhood dream. The Springfield, Virginia native announced his NCAA Division I College Commitment to St. Lawrence University (ECAC) for the 2016-17 season. The school is located in Canton, New York about 30 minutes from where he was born.

Harrison is the 57th Amarillo Bulls’ player to announce his NCAA plans, and the 7th from the 2014-15 team.

“Without Amarillo this would have certainly not happened,” said Harrison. “I got the playing time in Amarillo, the quality of coaching, the extra ice time, and the rigorous schedule in the South Division. I think that really pushed and developed me into to the person and player that I am becoming.”

Harrison fired 20 goals and added 23 assists for 43 points in 49 games with the Bulls. The 6-1, 195 pound forward also had eight power play goals and 140 shots. In February, Harrison was selected to and played in the 2015 NAHL Top Prospects Tournament for the South Division team.

He said that Head Coach Jon Rogger and Assistant Coach Mike Watt helped him work on the defensive side of the game. "At the beginning of the year it was hard for me, but I wanted to learn the 200 foot game,” Harrison commented. “Coach Rogger and Coach Watt really pushed me to get better every day. I really think that was the extra step I needed to play Division I.”

Harrison said St. Lawrence University is a perfect fit for him and his family. “It’s a smaller school about 2,700 and for me that is a place that I can thrive in,” he said. “The class sizes are much smaller and I will get a better quality education there. I think it’s also the best fit for me to walk in there and become an impact type of a player. That is what I have always wanted to be.”

Head Coach Jon Rogger is thrilled for Will Harrison’s announcement and to have another Bulls player move on to Division I hockey. “It’s a huge honor for him and for us as a team to have a kid like Will move on to a prestigious school like St. Lawrence,” he said. “We were fortunate to have him in Amarillo after it didn’t work out for him in the USHL.”

Will Harrison is the 7th member of the 2014-15 Amarillo Bulls to announce NCAA College commitments joining Cody Gylling (Arizona State University), Tristan Rostagno (Michigan Tech), Connor Wood (University Alabama-Huntsville), Ben Jentsch (St. Thomas University), Mitchell McPherson (Hamline Unviersity) and Riley Christensen (St. Norbert). Former Bulls players’ Ryan Stevens (Arizona State University), and Chad Catt (Michigan), have also made NCAA College plans.
                            Last edited by Muskieman; 07-04-2015, 12:35 AM.
                            GO SAINTS.

Comment

RPI blog Without a Peer post about SLU http://www.withoutapeer.com/2015/07/...-lawrence.html.

I have no connection to WaP except as a reader.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The team has landed in Milan, Italy for their European summer tour. Should be not only a fantastic experience for them, but a great opportunity to kick start their preparation for the upcoming season.

Comment

Working...
                                X