Tickets to FF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tickets to FF?

I know it's listed as sold out, but do schools that get in get allotments of tickets? Thinking about going out to Minneapolis, but really don't want to commit to planes and hotels if I can't get a ticket....

Re: Tickets to FF?

Yeah schools do get an allotment -- you'll probably want to get on that, I think Tuesday or Wednesday they send back any unused tickets.

There will always be tickets on the secondary market though.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      With both Minnesota and Wisconsin there, be prepared to pay for tickets to Friday's games if you go this route.

The unfortunate aspect is that if it is like two years ago, most of the fans from the first game were gone halfway through the second. Maybe they'll hang around if BC and Harvard put on the show of which they're capable.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Yeah schools do get an allotment -- you'll probably want to get on that, I think Tuesday or Wednesday they send back any unused tickets.
        If there's any 'allotment' at UW, they're not telling anyone about it; no email to season ticket holders saying 'tickets are available!!' etc. The link for tickets at the UW web site goes directly to the UM 'Frozen Four' page. I spoke to a couple UW season ticket holders yesterday who are on some waiting list; I had the impression that that was something they had done 'on their own', not through UW.

Comment

BC hasn't emailed anyone either -- we emailed them ourselves.
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
            If there's any 'allotment' at UW, they're not telling anyone about it; no email to season ticket holders saying 'tickets are available!!' etc. The link for tickets at the UW web site goes directly to the UM 'Frozen Four' page. I spoke to a couple UW season ticket holders yesterday who are on some waiting list; I had the impression that that was something they had done 'on their own', not through UW.
            Section 11 of Ridder was listed as sold out for yesterday's game all last week until Friday when over 100 tix were released. I assume those were RIT's allotment. I imagine something similar this week for BC, Harvard, and UW.

Comment

Lots of tickets available on StubHub if you're willing to pay for them:
              http://www.stubhub.com/womens-college-hockey-tickets/
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                Section 11 of Ridder was listed as sold out for yesterday's game all last week until Friday when over 100 tix were released. I assume those were RIT's allotment. I imagine something similar this week for BC, Harvard, and UW.
                I wonder if the first shot at tickets goes to players' families and other program contacts. Then if there are tickets left, maybe season ticket holders get the next shot, and finally, the general public via the school.
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

UW certainly hasn't been paying attention to the fact that the game is sold out, or at least they haven't been telling the fans that. After yesterday's game they posted a link on facebook for "ticket information" that took you to the Gophersports site showing that everything is sold out. They basically did the same thing with the post season ticket info they sent out to season ticket holders last month, but at least the game had only been sold out for a few weeks at that point.

I am on the waiting list, and at least somewhat optimistic. I got on it back in January, and I assume I'm near the top since there were still SRO tickets available just a couple days earlier. It was my own fault for waiting until my time off was approved before actually going to buy the tickets.

But if I don't find a way to get tickets before Thursday, then I guess I'll probably head to Detroit instead. I don't want to hassle with scalpers, especially when there has been almost nothing available on places like Stubhub or even Craigslist, at this point. I'm sure I won't have any problems finding tickets for the B1G mens tournament!

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    Lots of tickets available on StubHub if you're willing to pay for them:
                    http://www.stubhub.com/womens-college-hockey-tickets/
                    Wow, ok, I guess the scalpers decided to get into gear now that the matchups are set. I looked on there a week or two ago, and there were only 3 or 4 listings total, and Stubhub didn't even have the game listed at all until about a month ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post
                      Wow, ok, I guess the scalpers decided to get into gear now that the matchups are set. I looked on there a week or two ago, and there were only 3 or 4 listings total, and Stubhub didn't even have the game listed at all until about a month ago.
                      I looked at Craigslist Minneapolis (if you're willing to take the risk; I buy UW football tickets over Craigslist regularly), and there's at least two pretty promising listings.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...932480057.html

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...929372420.html

Comment

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post
                        yeah, I definitely don't want to deal with Stubhub or such. I've sent an email to Harvard - they probably won't answer until tomorrow - and then I'll also call the Minnesota # for the waitlist tomorrow. We'll see!

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                          I looked at Craigslist Minneapolis (if you're willing to take the risk; I buy UW football tickets over Craigslist regularly), and there's at least two pretty promising listings.
                          Yeah, I liked the second one, from Madison, who is asking $75 each for just the final, and he claims that's $40 less than he paid. No thanks. Stubhub is actually cheaper.

Comment

I'm focusing on just getting access to semi-final tickets at a somewhat reasonable price (though not sure what that is yet). Because if the Badgers lose, I have no need for a finals ticket and if they win, the market for those tickets should drop (in theory) with Minnesota not being in it. The biggest question I have to answer is what's the highest price I'm willing to pay in the secondary market, assuming all other channels are sold-out and unavailable.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                              The unfortunate aspect is that if it is like two years ago, most of the fans from the first game were gone halfway through the second. Maybe they'll hang around if BC and Harvard put on the show of which they're capable.
                              This is another thing that makes it unfortunate that we don't have two East/West semis -- presumably Wisconsin would be a reasonable draw in Minneapolis if they were playing an eastern team.

Comment

Working...
                              X