The 2015-16 Schedules Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shootdontpass View Post
    Apologies to Biddco, but the bulldogs are at North Dakota and St. Cloud during the Section playoffs at Amsoil Arena. Dang. I know someone at the Amsoil Arena staff told me once they were hoping for a UMD mens home series someday of Friday night - Sunday afternoon with the Section 7AA/7A semi-finals all day Saturday. Maybe next year.
    To do that, they'd have to pick up the extra day's hotel & meal expense for the visitors, provide practice time for both teams on the Saturday and would the visitors have to vacate their dressing room on that Saturday as well? Then there is the matter of the difference between a Saturday night crowd and a Sunday afternoon draw for UMD. Compensation for that would have to be taken into account as well.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Re: The 2015-16 Schedules Thread

Originally posted by shootdontpass View Post
      Apologies to Biddco, but the bulldogs are at North Dakota and St. Cloud during the Section playoffs at Amsoil Arena. Dang. I know someone at the Amsoil Arena staff told me once they were hoping for a UMD mens home series someday of Friday night - Sunday afternoon with the Section 7AA/7A semi-finals all day Saturday. Maybe next year.
      Oh darn. That's okay that would have been almost too much hockey.

Know anything else about the schedule? Like when we visit CC?

UMD's schedule (and it sounds like the NCHC composite schedule) will be released next Wednesday. Can't wait. Time to plan some road trips!
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Well you could, but it'd count against your 34. Brown might be able to get away with it because the Ivy League may consider them "scrimmages" to not count against their 29, but that wouldn't apply to the other three.
        they'd all count to the NCAA tournament. I know Brown has an allergy to the NCAAs but notwithstanding...
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          Oh darn. That's okay that would have been almost too much hockey.

Know anything else about the schedule? Like when we visit CC?

UMD's schedule (and it sounds like the NCHC composite schedule) will be released next Wednesday. Can't wait. Time to plan some road trips!
          Is that going to be league schedule only, or include all of the NC bouts?

Comment

Michigan and Penn State will play one of their B1G games at Madison Square Garden in a doubleheader along with Basketball on 1/30/2016.

PSU loses the Basketball home game so Michigan will most likely lose 1 of their 2 home Hockey games against PSU.

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-bask...120914aad.html
            ---
            National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
            Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
            19 Conference Championships
            10 Conference Tournament Championships
            2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Boy, do I feel old. I remember when Belfast was a violence-wracked hellhole, and you went to Detroit to watch hockey. Times have changed.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Is that going to be league schedule only, or include all of the NC bouts?
                Probably will have just the league schedule.
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Brad Schlossman has a tentative schedule for North Dakota:
                  http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=100466
                  Michael Napier - UAH '97
                  uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                  U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                  NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                  CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                  CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                    Boy, do I feel old. I remember when Belfast was a violence-wracked hellhole, and you went to Detroit to watch hockey. Times have changed.
                    You got that right. I just turned 60 and in the mid-late 70's when I was in that area in the Navy there were bombings all the time. Of course some one else is paying the price for this because with the financial situation of most college hockey programs, they certainly wouldn't be taking on this sort of venture. I know we want to spread college hockey, but I don't quite see regular trips across the Atlantic for some college hockey games. It's a great adventure though for the players and those associated with this, but heck, most schools complain about traveling to the mid-west and Alaska.

Comment

Originally posted by UMATTACK View Post
                      You got that right. I just turned 60 and in the mid-late 70's when I was in that area in the Navy there were bombings all the time. Of course some one else is paying the price for this because with the financial situation of most college hockey programs, they certainly wouldn't be taking on this sort of venture. I know we want to spread college hockey, but I don't quite see regular trips across the Atlantic for some college hockey games. It's a great adventure though for the players and those associated with this, but heck, most schools complain about traveling to the mid-west and Alaska.
                      Many complain because they don't receive return trips. It's more likely now with the NCHC and B1G having many more NC games, and the Alaska exemption does help, but it should be halfway feasible now.

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
                        Brad Schlossman has a tentative schedule for North Dakota:
                        http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=100466
                        Schlossman tweeted today that he flipped the BSU and UAH series.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

2015-2016 Arizona State hockey schedule.

http://www.houseofsparky.com/2015/4/...ed-ua-wildcats

Comment

Originally posted by drewcu View Post
                            Arizona State coming to Clarkson for two games, not sure of the dates.
                            Dates are 11/27 and 11/28

http://pac-12.com/mens-ice-hockey/sc...50801-20160730

Comment

• Originally posted by drewcu View Post
                              Wait, Southern NH is an actual school? I figured by how much they advertise on TV it was another online Phoenix or Devry.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                                2015-2016 Arizona State hockey schedule.

http://www.houseofsparky.com/2015/4/...ed-ua-wildcats
                                not that it'll help the ol' Hawks at all in the Pairwise, but I'm kind of pleased that ASU is coming to Lowell for two.

Comment

Working...
                                X