X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2015 Off Season Thread: Another Long Spring and Summer

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Probably because Dillon would have been backing up Kasdorf, and LA wants him to have ice time.
    this has nothing to do with ice time.
    Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
      I disagree, in that I'm sure Appert isn't counting on high-end talent leaving after 1 season, or any number of seasons, in which case it's a disruption to the talent ladder/depth chart. It's also tough for him to recruit positively that a said recruit is replacing someone like Brandon Pirri - he doesn't have a winning program, no legacy of winning, and departures of highend talent set off red flags. Jerry York on the other hand, has a bit more latitude - winning program, NHL-caliber DNA, expectation of players leaving is greater, etc.

Its definitely a casualty of constant losing, given the guy hasn't even spent a semester on campus.
      I don't think that our record was a major consideration as goalies on poor teams get more work.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
        Should be a scramble for SA now. Maybe Jared Rutledge who was Dillon’s backup in TC will get a call. Rutledge was once UMich. goalie before leaving for the USHL.
        Rutledge would only have two years of eligibility since he played for Michigan in 12-13. He has from 12-13 to 16-17 (five seasons) to play up to four seasons. Then again that could be what SA would look for.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Rutledge would only have two years of eligibility since he played for Michigan in 12-13. He has from 12-13 to 16-17 (five seasons) to play up to four seasons. Then again that could be what SA would look for.
          Exactly. Backup Kazzy this year & mentor your future #1 next year until he’s ready to assume the starting role similar to Kazzy’s Fr. year. All just speculation of course.
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            There are many recruits who go to college after several years of not being full time students. Somewhere I read that the USHL requires that graduated players still take courses. (Herbst, can you confirm that?)
            Talking with many of the incoming Fr. the last few years most (if not all) who have graduated from HS take online college courses while waiting their arrival on campus. To joecct’s point though that probably isn’t the equivalent of an “academic environment”.
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
              Congrats DrD....the surprise is yardwork.
              Fishy: Turns out she did not want to wait the extra week for our anniversary - Friday she took me out for the day (almost knowing my disappointment would be coming with the Rangers) and bought me a new car. My dad was always right- "Marry a rich girl who can cook" was what he used to say. Then he added- "Anything else you can get elsewhere." I got the cook and then stayed with her long enough I ended up marrying her for MY money.
              Certainly softens the blow since I really felt the Rangers could have won last year and most certainly would be in the finals this year. For 2 years they have had a very good team but when you cannot score that extra goal when you need it, well, that's why hockey is the most entertaining of all sports.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Exactly. Backup Kazzy this year & mentor your future #1 next year until he’s ready to assume the starting role similar to Kazzy’s Fr. year. All just speculation of course.
                I was trying to figure out what happened to Rutledge at Michigan. He suffered an early eye injury. When he returned, he was platooned and ended with the poorest stats of the three goalies http://www.uscho.com/stats/team/mich...key/2012-2013/.

BTW, at 5'11", Rutledge would be small for an SA goalie. Diebold at 6'1" has been the only #1 or #2 goalie under 6'3".
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 1 June 2015. There are 124 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2015 for the start of next season.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I take a couple of days off from reading this thread, and this is what I come back to? Ouch!!!
                    I had a good feeling about this team this year, and if Kasdorf can stay healthy for the full year, I still think we can win 20 or more games.
                    If he get injured, that goes out the window.
                    And I don't even want to think about the next two years. The outlook is very cloudy without a viable NCAA goaltender.
                    Lets hope that Appert pulls a rabbit out of his hat in the next month or so.
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                      I take a couple of days off from reading this thread, and this is what I come back to? Ouch!!!
                      I had a good feeling about this team this year, and if Kasdorf can stay healthy for the full year, I still think we can win 20 or more games.
                      If he get injured, that goes out the window.
                      And I don't even want to think about the next two years. The outlook is very cloudy without a viable NCAA goaltender.
                      Lets hope that Appert pulls a rabbit out of his hat in the next month or so.
                      I’m not so concerned. Good/Great players emerge every year. SA & others already know who they are. Losing a player like we just did ATT hurts, no question. I have no doubt there will be a good one in net next year. Means nothing though if they continue to score at the rate they do.

Comment

I'll go along with turk and post this here. It includes a video. No mention of RPI.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I’m not so concerned. Good/Great players emerge every year. SA & others already know who they are. Losing a player like we just did ATT hurts, no question. I have no doubt there will be a good one in net next year. Means nothing though if they continue to score at the rate they do.
                          If our forwards stay healthy-which is asking a lot given the past few years-we will score more. I would feel just fine if someone could guarantee me that Kazzy would stay healthy and play 35 or more games this coming year. i would feel even better if someone could actually get this team to play the fundamentals well (winning face offs and getting production on the power play would be more than enough for me).
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                            this has nothing to do with ice time.
                            If it's ice time, why would anyone play college hockey? How many more games in MJ?

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                              If it's ice time, why would anyone play college hockey? How many more games in MJ?
                              72 regular season games in the WHL. So, approx. double that of college.

Comment

Today is 2 June 2015. There are 123 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2015 for the start of next season.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X