X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2015 Off Season Thread: Another Long Spring and Summer

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    If scholarship money is going towards football and basketball, are they going to have enough left for hockey?
    Maybe McElroy will step up fundraising.

I think things will get figured out. No AD would coming here is going to take steps to decimate the hockey program.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      No one is this stupid. This is an act.
      Is that why the administration pushes homecoming to be during football season when we're lucky if there's an exhibition game for hockey, and doesn't push it to be during Freakout?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Is that why the administration pushes homecoming to be during football season when we're lucky if there's an exhibition game for hockey, and doesn't push it to be during Freakout?
        No one is this stupid! This is an act.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          I too am concerend about the health of several of the class of '18, but there is a lot of talent there. As to the sophs, I think that Reno is the most talnted but has been having trouble making the lineup. Bourbonnais also showed noteworthy ability at times.

To be picky, Z would have been a junior.
          I forgot that Zalewski left after his sophomore year. Thanks for the correction.
          Reno is the forgotten man on this team he had trouble getting on the ice the second half of both his seasons at RPI. I don't know just what the issue is. I agree that he has talent, and seemed to play OK most of the time. It could be a case of not particiapting in the offense enough, much like Koudys. Bourbonnais is another one who has had a couple of good games, but no consistency. That seems to be a recurring theme with this program. It may just be that there is not as much talent on this team as many on this thread believe. Because Nanne and Melanson lost significant chunks of the season and the team often played shorthanded due to inuries and suspensions, I think we have to give the frosh another year. They seem to be as talented a group as we've seen in the past few years. Let's hope those coming in next fall are as good. LGR!

Comment

A look at the final statistics. Clik on school for more stats....clik on “Pick other Stats Page” for more in depth look. A lot of discussion, rightfully so, has been made regarding FO. RPI finished @ 42.9%......next to last. PU was last @ 41.9%. Bubela was the only player with a + rating...+2. KennyG was at 0 http://www.collegehockeynews.com/stats/#adv
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              A look at the final statistics. Clik on school for more stats....clik on “Pick other Stats Page” for more in depth look. A lot of discussion, rightfully so, has been made regarding FO. RPI finished @ 42.9%......next to last. PU was last @ 41.9%. Bubela was the only player with a + rating...+2. KennyG was at 0 http://www.collegehockeynews.com/stats/#adv
              Taking a look at the Corsi AND Fenwick shot percentage during the power play, second worst only to Alabama Huntsville. The power play has been absolutely atrocious with both Graham AND Monty at the helm of the attack. Who makes the final approval of the general plans...

Comment

Agreed.

There was discussion about 10-12 years ago regarding a Div 1AA move with football and the other sports that included both a non-scholarship model and a CAA model with limited scholarships in football. That would likely leave sports other than football, basketball and hockey with very few scholarships. With the poor financial climate facing RPI right now, I can't see them investing million$ to move all sports to Div 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
                  I forgot that Zalewski left after his sophomore year. Thanks for the correction.
                  Reno is the forgotten man on this team he had trouble getting on the ice the second half of both his seasons at RPI. I don't know just what the issue is. I agree that he has talent, and seemed to play OK most of the time. It could be a case of not particiapting in the offense enough, much like Koudys. Bourbonnais is another one who has had a couple of good games, but no consistency. That seems to be a recurring theme with this program. It may just be that there is not as much talent on this team as many on this thread believe. Because Nanne and Melanson lost significant chunks of the season and the team often played shorthanded due to inuries and suspensions, I think we have to give the frosh another year. They seem to be as talented a group as we've seen in the past few years. Let's hope those coming in next fall are as good. LGR!
                  Perhaps SA isn’t such a great as a recruiter as we give him credit to be. Have the players coming in reached their ceiling by the time they arrive? That might explain why the Sr. classes seem to always be the least productive....with the exception of Polacek & that class. Of course, losing players like Haggs, Z, JD’A, Pirri & Yorkie before Sr. year hurts. Year after year of losing won’t help either. Most of these players come in from winning Teams. I would think it takes it’s toll.
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
                    Agreed.

There was discussion about 10-12 years ago regarding a Div 1AA move with football and the other sports that included both a non-scholarship model and a CAA model with limited scholarships in football. That would likely leave sports other than football, basketball and hockey with very few scholarships. With the poor financial climate facing RPI right now, I can't see them investing million$ to move all sports to Div 1.
                    There was a lot of discussion here. It isn't clear how much there actually was at the 'Tute.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Just in case anyone missed this public service announcement from JCrawford on Friday....

"Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Turk-Although i almost always agree with you-please pay attention to that meaningless +/- statistic. Because SA pulled the goalie so often and so often, and because we have no clue how to make use of an extra attacker, and because our most potent line was usually on the ice for that last minute when the opposition scored 1 or 2 empty net goals-some players stats were grossly altered. I wish there was an easy way to see what the +/- number would be for players if you took out any empty net goals scored against us. Some of the other stats were very telling. One line(MNM) seemed to have the best percentage of goals/shots by far. The face off numb ers from those that took a lot of them were abysmal except for JL.
                        Last edited by DrDemento; 03-16-2015, 12:13 PM.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Perhaps SA isn’t such a great as a recruiter as we give him credit to be. Have the players coming in reached their ceiling by the time they arrive? That might explain why the Sr. classes seem to always be the least productive....with the exception of Polacek & that class. Of course, losing players like Haggs, Z, JD’A, Pirri & Yorkie before Sr. year hurts. Year after year of losing won’t help either. Most of these players come in from winning Teams. I would think it takes it’s toll.
                          Appert's a good recruiter. He's also good at developing goaltending talent. All credit must be given where credit is due. Where I am concerned with Appert's performance is in terms of tactics and bench coaching. Expecting Appert to focus on specific facets of the game is unreasonable (that's why assistant coaches exist), but he IS responsible for a general team strategy, getting the players to buy into what's being sold, and being able to tweak what is happening at ice-time in order to better the team's chances. We haven't seen good things on those three points, and that is why a number of the players seem to "peak".

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            There was a lot of discussion here. It isn't clear how much there actually was at the 'Tute.
                            There was some discussion at the cabinet level, but you're right, it is hard to tell how seriously it was considered.I tmight have been fun to see that move happen.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              Turk-Although i almost always agree with you-please pay attention to that meaningless +/- statistic. Because SA pulled the goalie so often and so often, and because we have no clue how to make use of an extra attacker, and because our most potent line was usually on the ice for that last minute when the opposition scored 1 or 2 empty net goals-some players stats were grossly altered. I wish there was an easy way to see what the +/- number would be for players if you took out any empty net goals scored against us. Some of the other stats were very telling. One line(MNM) seemed to have the best percentage of goals/shots by far. The face off numb ers from those that took a lot of them were abysmal except for JL.
                              Actually, I agree with you on the +/-. As Eddie O says, the plus/minus is used by agents to get more money for their clients. So why did I use it?.....I don’t know (that’s Doc Emerick).

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                                No one is this stupid! This is an act.
                                Apparently someone is, if they're recommending homecoming to be held during February in Troy....
                                Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Working...
                                X