X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2015 Off Season Thread: Another Long Spring and Summer

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
    Doc,you are one of the few past or present distance runners I ever heard of that liked it hot and humid. Most hate it.BTW when I said high 2:40 s I meant in the 2:45-2:49 range.Thanks again for the support.
    It was not so much that I liked it hot and humid. It was just that those conditions slowed everyone else down more than it affected me. In 1969, when I ran Boston, the starting temperature in Hopkinton was edging up to the 90's(freaky for April). I was loving it. Around the 17 mile mark, about the qarea of that downhill, we ran into a drizzle, a sea breeze, and falling temperatures down to the 60's. That combination darn near killed me.
    My fastest outdoor times in the mile, the two mile, the 200 meters(rarely run now), the 3000 meters and the 5000 meters all were recorded on hot sticky days with virtually no wind. I am far too old now to dream about ever doing much running again(along with two knee surgeries), but at age 55, Jenny and I each entered a local race and I did cover the 2 miles in under 11 minutes in weather than could best be described as sultry(98 degrees and 90% humidity).
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Today is 22 April 2015. There are 164 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2015 for the start of next season.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        I agree, but it is also possible that the replacement is known already.
        I don't know RPI's practices, but that's the norm at large public universities that must comply with public employee job posting laws. The posting is then tailored to the already identified candidate. That can lead to some humorously specific "job requirements."
        Last edited by rpi82; 04-22-2015, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
          I don't know RPI's practices, but that's the norm at large public universities that must comply with public employee job posting laws. The posting is then tailored to the already identified candidate. That can lead to some humorously specific "job requirements."
          I didn't see anything about "must run a marathon in under 3 hours".
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
            Last I checked, RPI isn't a public university. Have we seen requests in the past where coaches have signed an extension?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              Last I checked, RPI isn't a public university. Have we seen requests in the past where coaches have signed an extension?
              I think that we did, or at least that was my recollection when this first posted.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Last I checked, RPI isn't a public university.
                In my nearly 40 year association with RPI I never realized that. Maybe it was the bargain rate tuition that threw me off.

Comment

Today is 23 April 2015. There are 163 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
                    We may be seeing a new offensive assistant coach behind the bench this fall, although it's just as likely that it's a formality in renewing Graham's contract: https://rpijobs.rpi.edu/postings/2555
                    I like how under preferred skills and abilities it lists "none."
                    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                      I like how under preferred skills and abilities it lists "none."
                      ....boat-load of jokes in there.
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Congrats(?) to Paul Stewart who was named recently the Director of Officiating for ECAC Division 3 Hockey.

http://www.ecacsports.com/d3hockey/n.../2014-15/index Hint: click on home.

I believe he is now the czar of D1&3 hockey officials. Is his position now considered full time?
                        Last edited by fr. joe; 04-23-2015, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Today is 24 April 2015. There are 162 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                            Congrats(?) to Paul Stewart who was named recently the Director of Officiating for ECAC Division 3 Hockey.

I believe he is now the czar of D1&3 hockey officials. Is his position now considered full time?
                            Was it ever?
                            Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
                            Clarkson 1990

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post

I don’t believe it’s all of D1 just the ECAC. Don’t forget he’s also the czar of the KHL officals.
                              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                                I don’t believe it’s all of D1 just the ECAC. Don’t forget he’s also the czar of the KHL officals.
                                For some reason he seems more like Rasputin...
                                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Working...
                                X