X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2015 Off Season Thread: Another Long Spring and Summer

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    Anyone else surprised that Luke hasn't signed yet?
    Not at all. A bit of a tough year for him and a terrible season for the team.

Comment

I am.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Yes. I thought he'd be the first, honestly. Maybe he just wants to finish school first.
        RPI Pep Band
        GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
        2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
        2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

....after a conversation I had with Haggs during the BU game I’m very surprised.
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
            Not at all. A bit of a tough year for him and a terrible season for the team.
            Very difficult year for Luke indeed.
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              Very difficult year for Luke indeed.
              Having had a tough year ourselves, we can certainly understand how much it had affected him. But he is a fine young man with wonderful guidance from Babo. There are a lot of uncertainties in this world but i would put very high odds on his not only being signed, but his future success. One of the nice things about following RPI hockey for 50 years is that you get to meet a great number of wonderful hockey families. This has been one of the best. I am hopeful that Luke and Mom keep close touch with RPI in the future as they are just such a positive influence.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Today is 28 March 2015. There are 189 days (27 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2015 for the start of next season.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                  Yes. I thought he'd be the first, honestly. Maybe he just wants to finish school first.
                  That was my thought. What little I know of Luke and Babo, I would believe that finishing what he started would be very important to them.
                  Best of luck to both of them.
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                  Gary Player

Comment

That was my thought. What little I know of Luke and Babo, I would believe that finishing what he started would be very important to them.
                    Best of luck to both of them.
                    Wishing Luke, Jake and Scott well in their future plans...

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                      Wishing Luke, Jake and Scott well in their future plans...
                      Jake Wood or is JL called Jake sometimes?
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by ralph baer View Post
                        jake wood or is jl called jake sometimes?
                        jl...

Comment

I see another thread here on the USCHO message board where Yale fan LTSatch comments that there were no goal judges present for Friday night's game between Yale and BU. Minnesota fan Brenthoven responded by stating that he thought most teams had done away with goal judges on the ground that it is a needless expense, since if there is ever a question about whether a goal has been scored, the refs will look at the instant replay monitor, rather than consulting with a goal judge.

I know that when I watched games on RPI TV this past season, I could see red lights flash when goals were scored. I assume that means that RPI still uses goal judges at the Field House, since somebody had to press a button to turn on the red light.

Somebody once asked the question, "Why do they turn on a red light when a hockey team scores a goal?" The answer was "So that the fans know when it's time to cheer."

Seems to me as though it should still be a good idea to have somebody turn on a red light to let the fans know when to cheer, not that the NCAA is likely to care what I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                            I see another thread here on the USCHO message board where Yale fan LTSatch comments that there were no goal judges present for Friday night's game between Yale and BU. Minnesota fan Brenthoven responded by stating that he thought most teams had done away with goal judges on the ground that it is a needless expense, since if there is ever a question about whether a goal has been scored, the refs will look at the instant replay monitor, rather than consulting with a goal judge.

I know that when I watched games on RPI TV this past season, I could see red lights flash when goals were scored. I assume that means that RPI still uses goal judges at the Field House, since somebody had to press a button to turn on the red light.

Somebody once asked the question, "Why do they turn on a red light when a hockey team scores a goal?" The answer was "So that the fans know when it's time to cheer."

Seems to me as though it should still be a good idea to have somebody turn on a red light to let the fans know when to cheer, not that the NCAA is likely to care what I think.
                            The lights are there (@HFH) but there are no Judges in the booths that used to be there.. I assume someone up in the PressBox controls it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waite21 View Post

No more pimps in the box. I don't believe there are any left in ECAC. My recent recollection of goal judges at RPI was they too often made a habit of incorrectly turning the goal light on when our opponents hadn't scored. Not missed.
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Thanks for the update.

I recall a story from a number of years ago where RPI apparently scored a tying goal late in the third period of a game at the Field House. The RPI players raised their sticks in celebration and the goal judge turned on the red light, but the referee signaled no goal.

However, the ref then went behind the goal and consulted with the goal judge, normally something that would only be done if the ref wasn't sure of his call. After the conference, the ref skated back out in front and once again signaled no goal. RPI lost the game.

NCAA rules prohibited the media from talking to on-ice officials after a game, but a reporter for a local newspaper (the Times-Union, maybe?) figured that the rule did not prohibit the media from talking to an off-ice official such as a goal judge. He sought out the goal judge who had been consulted on the play and asked him what he had said to the ref.

The goal judge said he had told the ref that he had clearly seen the puck cross the goal line and it was a good goal. He said he had no idea why the ref had bothered to consult him if he (the ref) didn't want to listen to what he (the goal judge) had to say.

I guess stories like this have become a thing of the past.

Comment

Working...
                                X