Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech post season thread, hunting for hardware!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan Tech post season thread, hunting for hardware!

NCAA rule 22.2 states:
    Suspensions - A player who receives three (3) game misconduct penalties in the same season (including exhibition games) shall not be permitted to play in the team’s next regular-season or tournament game against an NCAA member institution. For each additional game misconduct penalty (e.g. four, five, etc.) assessed to the same player in the same season, the player shall be suspended for one (1) additional game. This shall not be part of a progressive penalty structure. Exhibition games cannot be used to fulfill the suspension for this violation.

So saulnier will be out tonight, he did not receive a DQ though.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Re: Michigan Tech post season thread, hunting for hardware!

Apparently creating a thread doesn't make you subscribe.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

From John J in previous thread,

Five lineups changes for the Huskies.

IN
      Gillies
      Anderson
      Hietala
      Johnstone
      Davis

OUT
      L'Esperance
      Baltus
      Gould
      Vallis
      Leibinger
      Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 03-14-2015, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        From John J in previous thread,

Five lineups changes for the Huskies.

IN
        Gillies
        Anderson
        Hietala
        Johnstone
        Davis

OUT
        L'Esperance
        Baltus
        Gould
        Vallis
        Leibinger
        Sorry about the errant Davis in the "OUT" category. Leibinger is the only defenseman from last night who is a scratch.

Comment

As for Saulnier, the very reliable gfmorris posted this in the WCHA Playoff thread:

1. That was a CFB 5+GM.
          2. That was his third game misconduct on the season.
          3. The NCAA will automatically suspend him one game based on that per Rule 22.2.

I don't think the WCHA needed to take immediate action before tonight's game if there was already a suspension on the board. If there's a game 3 that may change

Comment

Definitely good to be at home and get the big roster for tonight!
            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

You guys better finish off UAH. There's a few Gopher fans that are awaiting your arrival in St Paul next weekend!
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                You guys better finish off UAH. There's a few Gopher fans that are awaiting your arrival in St Paul next weekend!
                What he said. Except I won't be in St. Paul. Won't be in Detroit, either.
                I was told there would be no math...

Comment

It's nice to know that I'm very reliable! I am very surprised that the league didn't add any supplemental discipline.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Subscribed.

Getting ready for Boston.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I will be on the Tech bandwagon.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Fun weekend! A little different feeling knowing you don't need to win to extend your season with the NCAAs in the future.

Mel's interview with Dirk:
                        Proud of the guys, business like from the get go, better from the get go
                        Didn't give up as many chances as last night
                        Guys that came in gave us the energy we needed
                        Simplified things, wanted pucks on net
                        Tough games for Jamie, not a lot of shots, played great, he made big saves at critical times
                        Auk is hockey smart, he's played well, +20 something
                        We've had great support all year, add to the atmosphere and team
                        We'll take Sunday day off, play Monday by ear may take it off too, Monday figure out St. Paul practice times, leave Wed or Thur,
                        Commissioner has the choice of what games are at what times, looks like we'll play BGSU

Comment

A great feeling to see us going to the Final Five again and getting to do do by winning on hone ice. 28 wins on the season but it's still not enough, I want 34.

Hats off to UAH, they can definitely hold their heads high after this series, lots of respect to them to do this after what happened last time they came up. While they didn't score they played one absolutely phenomenal game last night and a good one tonight, I think the difference maker tonight was the fact we could get in 5 sets of fresh legs to their 2, but all things considered they played well and gained all sorts of respect from me. I think UAH is my second WCHA team, cheer for them unless they play us, I really hope you guys can find success soon.
                          2005-2006: 7-25-6
                          2006-2007: 18-17-5
                          2007-2008: 14-20-5
                          2008-2009: 6-25-7
                          2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                            I will be on the Tech bandwagon.

GFM
                            Engineers unite!
                            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Alright. Now that that's done, BGSU. Then probably another rematch with Mankato.

6 more to go.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                              X