Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech post season thread, hunting for hardware!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech post season thread, hunting for hardware!

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
    You *might* be able to move around once you get in the building.
    HahahahahjahahajahahajhAh
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
      You *might* be able to move around once you get in the building.
      Doubt that.

Have the Tech comp tickets been assigned?

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        HahahahahjahahajahahajhAh
        That!

Comment

Definitely don't want to risk sitting in 1 out of 10 seats that are actually sold.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Another night, more Chris Conner on TV. Might have to change the network name to National Broadcast of Conner Sports Network. Been watching him play for years, but it is still weird how any time a Tech player's name get called on the play by play it catches my attention like it's the first time it has ever happened.
            Ryan J
            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

I'm putting the odds of being placed at each regional as this:

Manchester: 35%
              Providence: 35%
              South Bend: 20%
              Fargo: 10%

Fargo is so low because there is a high likelihood of 1-2 to be UND and UNO in Fargo, and Tech can't fall below the 7 spot.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post

Fargo is so low because there is a high likelihood of 1-2 to be UND and UNO in Fargo, and Tech can't fall below the 7 spot.
                Gotta beat BGSU.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  Gotta beat BGSU.
                  Regardless, we can't fall lower than 7th.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Is this an accurate website at this point? It says we can only the a 3, 4 or 5 seed.

http://playoffstatus.com/ncaahockey/...nseedprob.html

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech post season thread, hunting for hardware!

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                      Is this an accurate website at this point? It says we can only the a 3, 4 or 5 seed.

http://playoffstatus.com/ncaahockey/...nseedprob.html
                      No, use collegehockeyranked.com (specifically this post: http://collegehockeyranked.com/2015/...possibilities/ ) or

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/pwp-results/
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post

Yeah, with UND and MSU locked Into the top 2 PWR spots, MTU can't get the #1 seed in South Bend and i believe they can't fall below 7 which makes Fargo only likely if Mtu finishes 7 and UND finishes 2. Granted this is without taking into account moving teams for attendance reasons, etc but since the top 8 are relatively set it seems unlikely anyone gets moved from the top two lines out of their proper matchups, unless BU falls to a 2 seed.

Other than the cost of a flight, I'd prefer to avoid MSU and UND UNTIL boston if possible anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyNation View Post
                          Math.

0:57
                          118:49
                          60:00
                          ________
                          179:46

Looks like just over HALFTIME of the Championship game.

I'll just take a W against BG. At least I know we will have the majority of the crowd support in St. Paul for that game.
                          In my defense, that 159:46 total was posted at the end of the 2nd period of the Saturday game. But I did flub the time that the record would be in jeopardy. I'll flat out agree that a W is of top priority, but a shutout would all but guarantee advancement right?

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                            In my defense, that 159:46 total was posted at the end of the 2nd period of the Saturday game. But I did flub the time that the record would be in jeopardy. I'll flat out agree that a W is of top priority, but a shutout would all but guarantee advancement right?
                            Yeah, which was the point anyway.

Comment

Page Two? Unacceptable. I know this is all new to MTU fans still taking about hockey in late March, but we're in the playoff's folks. Chat it up! As the young kids say...

Long time MTU fans be like:
                              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                              Originally posted by geezer
                              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                              Originally posted by manurespreader
                              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Did you see what that total idiot from UND proposed. Super regionals or the top seeds hosting.

Talk about crummy ideas that have been discussed ad nauseum. You would think he had thought about things before he spouted off. Of course his team would benefit. But do you really want to play a regional at Union, or Colgate, or Wmu.etc. no you don't. Not to mention the advantage certain teams who have olympic rinks would gain.

He needs to take a bigger picture and not be so money grubbing.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X