Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech post season thread, hunting for hardware!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech post season thread, hunting for hardware!

For those in on the jersey order and are concerned about getting a 52. I have a couple 52s, and I'm 6'2" 160. I need that size for arm length, and I like little room/bagginess in the torso. It's a perfect size for me. Use reference as needed.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
      With all due respect,
      Ricky Bobby
      This is all I need to see to know exactly what you said. If you ain't first you're last.

Comment

Originally posted by HawkeyHuskyFan View Post
        This is all I need to see to know exactly what you said. If you ain't first you're last.
        He was probably high when he posted that, though.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          He was probably high when he posted that, though.
          Whatever he does in that state they call Colorado is ok with me...

Comment

Whatever he does in that state they call Colorado is ok with me...
            Hippie, hipster, or skier. There's 90% of CO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Well in that case, if he is in that 90% I don't condone his behavior. Nobody likes hipsters

Comment

Well in that case, if he is in that 90% I don't condone his behavior. Nobody likes hipsters
                You would be correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  You would be correct.
                  Says the self proclaimed Tech Hipster.
                  I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                    Says the self proclaimed Tech Hipster.
                    Snark is a talent of mine. That statement included.

For those that don't know, many Gopher fans have finally embraced Tech (which helped start the jersey order). I liked them before it was cool to like them. I bought my jersey in 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      yup, wouldn't necessarily be a chartered flight but since it was hard to find enough seats/storage capacity for a hockey team, charter is the option for MTU.
                      Does this mean that they left a day later than they would if traveling by bus?

Comment

More like hours later. Pretty sure they left yesterday afternoon with the plane instead of yesterday morning by bus. Plan was to be in Fargo Wednesday. Practice was around noon Thursday IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Pure Mel View Post
                          Does this mean that they left a day later than they would if traveling by bus?
                          Follow on Twitter and you'd know.

Comment

"Storm Suiting Up Against Hometown Huskies"
                            Originally posted by Karnosky, Mining Gazette
                            ST. CLOUD, Minn. - While Michigan Tech features a pair of local players in co-captain Tanner Kero from Hancock, and Blake Hietala from Houghton, their opponent on Friday has another local skater in Ben Storm from Laurium.

Storm, a towering skater at 6-foot-7 and 230 pounds, is fired up about facing the team he grew up idolizing.

"It's going to be a blast," said Storm. "I have the utmost respect for Michigan Tech and the season they have had so far."

Article Photos

Ben Storm skates for St. Cloud State in a November home game against North Dakota. Storm, a sophomore from Laurium, will be playing against Michigan Tech, a team he grew up watching, in Friday’s NCAA?West?Regional semifinals. (St. Cloud State photo by Brace Hemmelgarn)

He has kept an eye on all that Michigan Tech has accomplished.

"They have some real good players, and we do too," said Storm. "I think we will be ready for them."

He is also well aware this is not the Michigan Tech team he grew up watching.

"I have a few friends on the team and three cousins as well," said Storm. "I know they have a lot of speedy players and should be a challenge to play against, but I believe we will be ready."

Storm, now a sophomore, has really come to enjoy his time at St. Cloud State.

"I have had a great experience at St. Cloud State so far," said Storm. "I had the chance to play for last year's team and learn from guys like Nic Dowd. They really showed great leadership."

This year's iteration has not had the success last season's group had, but they have been playing much stronger of late, earning their way into the NCAA Tournament despite their 19-18-1 record.

"We have kind of been up-and-down through the year," said Storm. "We have able to make a good push at the end here."

St. Cloud has won three of its last four games, including a pair over Nebraska-Omaha and a semifinal win over North Dakota, which it could face again in a regional final if it gets past Tech.

Recently, Storm has been moved up to forward to better utilize his size and strength. Playing on a line with captain Nick Oliver and Brooks Bertsch has worked well.

"It's been great to move back to forward," said Storm. "I have been playing with Nick Oliver and Brooks Bertsch and we have really kind of gelled together. I will play wherever they need me to play."

Not known as an offensive force, Storm has scored two goals and six points in his career. Both goals have come this season.

"It was a relief to finally score," said Storm, whose first career goal came against Union. "I knew it would eventually happen. I believe it was on my last shift of the game."

His second goal would be more memorable if for no other reason than who it came against.

"Playing at the Ralph Englestad is amazing and scoring there is awesome," said Storm.

While he and his teammates have been focusing on winning games and earning their place in Friday afternoon's matchup with Michigan Tech, Storm has also kept an eye on the girls' basketball state finals at the Breslin Center in East Lansing last weekend.

"I got to listen to the quarterfinals and semifinals on the bus," said Storm. "I could not listen to the championship game on Saturday because we were playing in the Frozen Faceoff. One of our equipment managers is Blake Frantti, also from the Calumet area, and he kept me in the loop on what was happening."

Storm is very confident in how prepared he and his teammates will be for Friday.

"I think we have a really good team," said Storm. "I know Michigan Tech does as well, but I think we will beat them."
                            His brothers were very successful football players for Tech, but he turned down a football scholarship. Went to play junior hockey instead and got a scholarship to St, Clooud.
                            Last edited by geezer; 03-26-2015, 09:59 AM.
                            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              As with most Tech grads, I'm in the other 10%. We don't follow the crowd.
                              Ryan J
                              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                              Originally posted by geezer
                              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                              Originally posted by manurespreader
                              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                                As with most Tech grads, I'm in the other 10%. We don't follow the crowd.
                                Ryan J
                                Hey, I *used* to ski.
                                BSME 1995 | MSME 2000 | Father wasn't actually a miner on u. Malamute

Comment

Working...
                                X