Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech post season thread, hunting for hardware!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech post season thread, hunting for hardware!

Will Michigan Tech's frozen four streak continue?
    I don't know if you guys know this but MTU has never made the NCAA tournament and not been one of the final four teams standing...
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
      From what I've seen the last four seasons, Pearson is MAKING Michigan Tech a top 5 job. This season he has had success equal to, if not greater, than any of those programs with only half the expectations from the fan base. What more could you ask for at this level? If Pearson takes Tech to the tourney 75% of the time, he could be here a decade or more before anyone asks for more success than that because of the huge dry spell that came before him. Michigan Tech hockey will always be the "big time" in Houghton without the pressure of some of the other big programs, at least for the near future. I see zero chance that MTU alum Pearson leaves this job to rejoin Michigan where expectations will be twice as high and fan patience will be half as long.
      Ryan J
      my thoughts have always been that the sooner Red left the better, because before this season, I doubted whoever was in charge at Michigan would even pursue Mel...but now, I don't know.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        Will Michigan Tech's frozen four streak continue?
        I don't know if you guys know this but MTU has never made the NCAA tournament and not been one of the final four teams standing...
        Well, that's a novel way of looking at it. Well played.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
          Well, that's a novel way of looking at it. Well played.
          did you check your email today? Issue with the jersey order, please respond.

Comment

From what I've seen the last four seasons, Pearson is MAKING Michigan Tech a top 5 job. This season he has had success equal to, if not greater, than any of those programs with only half the expectations from the fan base.
            Minnesota and BU both won conference hardware. How has Tech had greater success? Because their regular season win total was higher?
            Originally posted by SJHovey
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            Originally posted by Brenthoven
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
              Minnesota and BU both won conference hardware. How has Tech had greater success? Because their regular season win total was higher?
              can you stop trolling already?

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                can you stop trolling already?
                Something must have died under his bridge.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I think it's good to see we got a plane for the trip to Fargo. I know Mel didn't care, but 1 hour by plane vs. 8 hours on bus is a good thing.
                  http://flightaware.com/live/flight/S...000Z/KCMX/KFAR

Also good to see Red coming back, who knows what Mel will do, but at least we have another year until we have to figure that out.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                    I think it's good to see we got a plane for the trip to Fargo. I know Mel didn't care, but 1 hour by plane vs. 8 hours on bus is a good thing.
                    http://flightaware.com/live/flight/S...000Z/KCMX/KFAR
                    These guys deserve a little star treatment too. Good for them.

Comment

I really am looking forward to putting SCSU, Tippsy and his emotional friends in the rearview mirror. I gave up posting in the regional thread because every post, no matter what facts you present, gets followed with a bunch of "Blah blah emotional reaction blah blah personal opinions blah blah hyper senstivity..." from certain SCSU posters. Gosh forbid facts ever get involved in a discussion. I guess I'll have to post a personal apology to everyone at SCSU for trying discuss something with logical analysis. But in the mean time, in honor of our fellow SCSU (I'm sorry, St Cloooooooud) posters who just want to have emotional, nonsensical discussions, with no basis in reality, here you go:

[SCSU FAN MODE] MICHIGAN TECH IS THE GREATEST TEAM EVER AND CAN NEVER EVER BE BEATEN, ESPECIALLY BY SOMEONE IN THE NACHO LEAGUE BECAUSE I SAY SO AND I KNOW EVERYTHING SO THERE IS NO FURTHER DEBATE OF THIS MATTER BUT IF THERE IS FURTHER DEBATE I WILL JUST TYPE LOUDER WITH BIGGER FONT SIZE AND BOLDER COLORS UNTIL YOU COME AROUND TO MY POINT OF VIEW BECAUSE FACTS HAVE NO PLACE IN THE WORLD ONLY EMOTION IS THE TRUE JUDGE OF SKILL AND ABILITY NOT TO MENTION FANS ON MESSAGE BOARDS ARE THE EXPERTS AND THEIR OPINIONS ARE GOLD WHEN IT COMES TO DETERMINING THE FATE OF GAMES THAT ARE PLAYED ON THE ICE BY PLAYERS, NONE OF WHICH POST ON THESE BOARDS OH DID I MENTIONED TECH IS THE BEST EVER, OF ALL TIME, WORLDWIDE, I'VE POSTED IT SO IT MUST BE TRUE THERE IS NO COUNTER POINT TO THIS DISCUSSION, TEAMS WHO WIN TWICE AS MANY GAMES ARE IN NO WAY BETTER, MICHIGAN TECH WAS ALWAYS NUMBER 1 EVEN WHEN WE WON 4 GAMES IN A SEASON, WE WERE THE BEST BECAUSE WE WERE THE MOST BATTLE TESTED IN THE WCHA AND OUR MASCOT WAS CALLED BLIZZARD FIRST SO THAT CERTAINLY CONFIRMS WHAT I'VE ALREADY SAID. [/SCSU FAN MODE]

With all due respect,
                      Ricky Bobby
                      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                      Originally posted by geezer
                      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                      Originally posted by manurespreader
                      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                        I think it's good to see we got a plane for the trip to Fargo.
                        Doesn't the NCAA pick up the tab for that since it is over 400 miles from Houghton?
                        Ryan J
                        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                        Originally posted by geezer
                        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                        Originally posted by manurespreader
                        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Doesn't the NCAA pick up the tab for that since it is over 400 miles from Houghton?
                          Ryan J
                          yup, wouldn't necessarily be a chartered flight but since it was hard to find enough seats/storage capacity for a hockey team, charter is the option for MTU.

Comment

I really am looking forward to putting SCSU, Tippsy and his emotional friends in the rearview mirror. I gave up posting in the regional thread because every post, no matter what facts you present,
                            Which fact did you present regarding Michigan Tech having more success than BU, BC, Minnesota or North Dakota?
                            RyanJ
                            Originally posted by SJHovey
                            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                            Originally posted by Brenthoven
                            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                              Which fact did you present regarding Michigan Tech having more success than BU, BC, Minnesota or North Dakota?
                              RyanJ
                              blah blah blah troll blah blah blah troll, he said top 5, that's 4...who's 5th? Not to mention BC didn't win any hardware this year and is ranked behind MTU...Minnesota won an extremely weak conference. Are you telling me that MTU didn't have a better season than Minnesota to this point? Does that mean you think Minnesota is having a better season than UMD who didn't even finish in the top half of their conference?
                              Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 03-25-2015, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Troll. Sad, pathetic, troll.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X