Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech post season thread, hunting for hardware!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech post season thread, hunting for hardware!

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    We're going regardless. My wife and I are making a vacation out of it. We both want to see Boston, and thought this was a perfect opportunity for it.
    We've been making the Frozen Four our big vacation since 2011. It's a good time.
    I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
      That's a lot of jerseys! Tanner the most popular player chosen?
      I went with "MacInnes". Wanted to make the number 555, but that seemed a little much so I went with 26 for # of seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
        We've been making the Frozen Four our big vacation since 2011. It's a good time.
        It won't be a regular thing for us. We want to make semi-regular Caribbean vacations, so the F4 may have to take a backseat.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          It won't be a regular thing for us. We want to make semi-regular Caribbean vacations, so the F4 may have to take a backseat.
          Next year we're planning on a cruise after the F4. We did one before the tourney in 2012, and I think after will be much more enjoyable.
          I was told there would be no math...

Comment

A link to a story with no relevance to Michigan Tech hockey.
            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

I'd say it's pretty much proof that Mel was who was really behind the success at Michigan, not Red, definitely evidenced by Tech's turnaround.
              2005-2006: 7-25-6
              2006-2007: 18-17-5
              2007-2008: 14-20-5
              2008-2009: 6-25-7
              2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Im torn on whether this is a good or bad thing for MTU.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I take the coach at his word.

Also, it appears most journalists are expecting a st cloud vs UND rematch in the final.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    I take the coach at his word.

Also, it appears most journalists are expecting a st cloud vs UND rematch in the final.
                    I'm fine with that. When was the last time the NCAA tournament went the way everyone thought it would?
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Interesting article. But I'd say the WCHA met it's goals. Could it be better, maybe but overall it was great and I'm so glad we are not at the Target Center. What a terrible place for hockey. If the NCHC stays there I think the attendance will drop.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2015...ig-ten-detroit

To me it's about Minnesota hockey, not about the playoffs themselves, And great words by them about How the WCHA handles it's business. That's good to see. We should be glad we have the admin we have. Light years above the NCHC.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                        I went with "MacInnes". Wanted to make the number 555, but that seemed a little much so I went with 26 for # of seasons.
                        there already is a MacInnes jersey. with a real MacInnes in it.
                        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          Im torn on whether this is a good or bad thing for MTU.
                          Mel is signed through the 20-21 season. he'll get big bonuses if he finishes out that contract. and he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would go back on his word. my hope is that Red retires soon, Michigan gets a coach they are happy with and leave Mel alone.
                          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            Interesting article...
                            Best quote: "The small turnouts over the weekend already have both the NCHC and WCHA looking at combining their tournaments in the future. It's an interesting idea, but again, it brings up the question of why we even made this conference split in the first place..."

The same question has been asked by pretty much every die hard college hockey fan outside the cities of Grand Forks and Denver since day one that the NCHC was announced. Frankly I would rather watch a tourney of Canadian junior teams or the NCAA D-III championships mixed with the WCHA than share a site with the NCHC. All we would ever hear is how the NCHC was kind enough to share their site with the WCHA and "save" our league... They walked away, and they can just keep walking. I'm sure DU and UND will push to host the conference tourney on their campus sites so they can each bank the money every other year. It was never about the fans and what they wanted, why would it be now?

Ryan J
                            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                            Originally posted by geezer
                            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                            Originally posted by manurespreader
                            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Again, I blame Air Force for this whole conference mess.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Again, I blame Air Force for this whole conference mess.
                                I'll never forgive them. Ever ever ever ever.
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X