Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech post season thread, hunting for hardware!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech post season thread, hunting for hardware!

Huskyfan, you can use my info from dish network. I'm not above screwing E$PN.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
      The reason the other games are locked is because they will be originating on ESPNU, which is a premium level channel. If you have the full sports entertainment package, they will be unlocked.
      That's what I thought, because I when logged into the AppleTV with my Comcast information I can watch all their channels.

I just remembered ESPN3 being free (but potentially limited to who your internet provider was).
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        Huskyfan, you can use my info from dish network. I'm not above screwing E$PN.
        That's basically where I was going with it, too, but since you'll be there, it makes more sense for them to use yours.
        I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          I need to start hanging out with you at these bars then, because every one I go to I need to know what DirecTV channel to tell them to tune to for the game I want.
          Direct TV themselves told us they don't carry it. you must hang at some pretty amazing bars. its ok now, Shirtless has us going through Roku to get on. that seems easiest. actually ESPN just giving College Hockey actual TV carriage would be easiest. the NCAA should require that in all future contracts.
          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Shirtless saved the day. will go through the Roku. so, its safe to let children watch Disney movies again.
            Boosh Factor 4

Comment

please return to your regularly scheduled flame throwing with St, Clooud.
              Boosh Factor 4

Comment

I listened to the MP Show this evening. He made a point that he felt the 2nd goal shouldn't have counted because Mankato was offsides which can be reviewed if it leads to a scoring play. However all I had to look at was the WCHA.TV feed and the camera is shooting from center ice during that play so it is impossible to tell if they were onsides or not. The team might get other angles and I'm guessing the refs had other angles as well so I'll have to take their word. Would be a bummer if something like that turned the tide.
                Ryan J
                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                Originally posted by geezer
                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                Originally posted by manurespreader
                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index#t...Date/20150327/

I am not logged into WatchESPN, but it did recognize that I am accessing it via Comcast's internet.

It shows four games streaming on WatchESPN. Three of them have a key next to them meaning that you need to confirm your cable company information to watch. The fourth game, MTU/SCSU is on ESPN3 only and does NOT have a key icon next to it. Again, I don't know if that's because I'm accessing it on Comcast's internet, but it doesn't make me log in.
                  I tried to access an ESPN video feed as you described, but it detected that my Comcast package doesn't include ESPN and then blocked me.

However, I have a new plan for watching the game on my PC or Android using the Kodi program/app (formerly called XBMC). It is a slick app that let's you stream almost anything. For those who don't have Kodi, you can download it here. http://kodi.tv/download/

Then you need to find and install the ESPN3 video add-on in Kodi by going to System > Settings > Add-ons > Get Add-ons > Kodi Add-on repository > Video Add-ons > ESPN 3 > Install.

Once installed you go to Video > Video Add-ons > ESPN 3 and then select Live to see the feeds currently playing, or Upcoming > Hockey (or other sport) to see the upcoming games. The MTU vs. SCSU game feed is already shown as upcoming.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison Husky View Post
                    I tried to access an ESPN video feed as you described, but it detected that my Comcast package doesn't include ESPN and then blocked me.

However, I have a new plan for watching the game on my PC or Android using the Kodi program/app (formerly called XBMC). It is a slick app that let's you stream almost anything. For those who don't have Kodi, you can download it here. http://kodi.tv/download/

Then you need to find and install the ESPN3 video add-on in Kodi by going to System > Settings > Add-ons > Get Add-ons > Kodi Add-on repository > Video Add-ons > ESPN 3 > Install.

Once installed you go to Video > Video Add-ons > ESPN 3 and then select Live to see the feeds currently playing, or Upcoming > Hockey (or other sport) to see the upcoming games. The MTU vs. SCSU game feed is already shown as upcoming.
                    I just tested it out on the PC and was able to watch the Rutgers vs. UConn women's BBall ESPN 3 feed in pretty decent clarity. However, my Android phone didn't seem to like the feed. Normally I've had pretty good success pulling in XBMC/Kodi feeds on my phone and using Miracast to stream them to my Roku/TV.

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                      Ok, so I have to confess to being a dumb ***, I thought the second day was Sunday so my flight out is on Monday, so I get all of Sunday to explore the wonders of Fargo.
                      You could check out NDSU's pile of NCAA football championship trophies. I heard if they win next year they are going to see if they can start storing them up in Grand Forks. Good luck this weekend. I was at the X last weekend and was extremely impressed with your fan base. Fun to watch. You folks definitely enjoy hockey. Hope we get to play again this year down the road. Go WCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                        I said screw it and got a rental car, really not that much to be honest.
                        Just make sure you do 110 mph down I-29 with MeanEgirl in the back seat. Good times, good times.

Originally posted by ole ole ole ole View Post
                        You could check out NDSU's pile of NCAA football championship trophies. I heard if they win next year they are going to see if they can start storing them up in Grand Forks. Good luck this weekend. I was at the X last weekend and was extremely impressed with your fan base. Fun to watch. You folks definitely enjoy hockey. Hope we get to play again this year down the road. Go WCHA!
                        According to the WCHA on the Final Five poster several years ago, there were no differences between the Whioux and the Bison in hockey.....
                        Why not store them up there? Just gotta hope the flooding up there isn't as bad.

Comment

• Grrr. Got on the wait list but not called yet. I hope they don't run out.

Comment

Originally posted by Hckygrl View Post
                            Grrr. Got on the wait list but not called yet. I hope they don't run out.
                            When did you get on? I know at least half of the allotment is gone.
                            I got on the list yesterday at noon and had a ticket at noon today though.
                            There's hope.

Comment

I appreciate that. Just need 1. :-) I called first thing Monday morning, they said, "it should be no problem, " then I checked back at 1 and they said there was still a ways to me and they didn't think they would get thatfar.

Comment

I still have hope. I just can't believe there were that many on the list before the weekend. ..

Comment

Working...
                                X