Pariwise rankings on the morning of 3/14/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pariwise rankings on the morning of 3/14/15

I don't post to the Div I board often, but I follow the sport pretty closely. For the first time this year, I am losing my faith in the Pairwise ranking system as I watched St. Cloud State get closer to being in the tournament. I was happy to see them hit .500 last night while still holding down the #16 place in the Pairwise. I'd hate to see a sub .500 make the field as an at-large. Has it ever happened before? Has it ever come close?
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Re: Pariwise rankings on the morning of 3/14/15

They will not get an at large bid if their record is sub .500.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly100 View Post
      They will not get an at large bid if their record is sub .500.
      If only everyone referred to that rule by a common name, say "the Wisconsin rule" or something, we'd all remember the last sub-.500 team to get an at-large bid.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

If they are below .500 it won't matter where they are in the pairwise, there will be no invitation to the NCAA tournament. It's called the Wisconsin Rule after the Badgers qualified despite a losing record. Henceforth all at large teams must have a .500 record or better.

We are discussing this and many more topics in the pairwise thread. Come join the fun!
        http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...story-Thread&p

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
          If they are below .500 it won't matter where they are in the pairwise, there will be no invitation to the NCAA tournament. It's called the Wisconsin Rule after the Badgers qualified despite a losing record. Henceforth all at large teams must have a .500 record or better.

We are discussing this and many more topics in the pairwise thread. Come join the fun!
          http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...story-Thread&p
          Thanks for the heads-up and I'm doing my catch-up reading now!
          Steve
          Penn State Class of '95
          Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Working...
          X