Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oswego State 2015 NCAA Playoff/Offseason Thread, 6th times the charm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego State 2015 NCAA Playoff/Offseason Thread, 6th times the charm?

Originally posted by coasttocoast View Post
    I thought Z and Hulsaf were our best players after Christmas. Z won us the pathfinder tournament and kept us in the Championship game in Plattsburgh. Z was bad the first month of the season, but turned it around. I hope the Div. 1 goalie earns his starts, I think Z has earned his.

Good list of recruits, as usual it will not be easy to make the lineup. With Davies healthy and Jackson for the full year, it will be a battle for the new forwards to get game time. I hope there is a special player in the new group of forwards, but I don't see anything yet.
    Defense, there should be some opportunity this year, we lost 3 starters to graduation. How well we replace the D will go a long way in determining our success.
    Yes I think the D will be the ???,3 gone and not sure about KIng,thats a big swing,those who take care of the defensive side of the game may have an advantage.I would think the goalies will each get a period vs CCHL team,Z starts the season and its his job to loose,unless the new kid stands on his head but there will be more competition between the pipes for sure.As for the new forward recruits who knows the kid from Rochester looks to be a grinder that may get him some time if he hits his way into the line-up....will be very interested to finally see what Davies has,he looked very good in the little we saw,but will take him some time after missing a whole season.
    Last edited by bakdraft21; 08-31-2015, 08:48 AM.

Comment

I thought Z and Hulsaf were our best players after Christmas. Z won us the pathfinder tournament and kept us in the Championship game in Plattsburgh. Z was bad the first month of the season, but turned it around. I hope the Div. 1 goalie earns his starts, I think Z has earned his.

Good list of recruits, as usual it will not be easy to make the lineup. With Davies healthy and Jackson for the full year, it will be a battle for the new forwards to get game time. I hope there is a special player in the new group of forwards, but I don't see anything yet.
      Defense, there should be some opportunity this year, we lost 3 starters to graduation. How well we replace the D will go a long way in determining our success.
      I don't think Z has earned the right to start this year based on how he played in the second half of last season. He earns the right to start based on how early practices go and how the other goalies do. If this transfer from Niagara shows some good stuff in net, he may get the start. Or they may switch off like Z and Gilbert did for awhile. I also think Gilbert is the third goalie on this team. He's just not solid in net.

Also, I heard Josh Timpano is not back this year. But it looks like a solid set of new guys coming in. Can't wait for October!

Comment

Davies is my player to watch, he looked really good last year in the one pre-season game. will he be red-shirted and get an extra year of eligability?
        http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
          Davies is my player to watch, he looked really good last year in the one pre-season game. will he be red-shirted and get an extra year of eligability?
          mine to, doubt the redhsirt, I know it has been discussed before on these boards but its rare I believe??

Comment

Originally posted by LakerFan99 View Post
            I don't think Z has earned the right to start this year based on how he played in the second half of last season. He earns the right to start based on how early practices go and how the other goalies do. If this transfer from Niagara shows some good stuff in net, he may get the start. Or they may switch off like Z and Gilbert did for awhile. I also think Gilbert is the third goalie on this team. He's just not solid in net.

Also, I heard Josh Timpano is not back this year. But it looks like a solid set of new guys coming in. Can't wait for October!
            Agree on the Goalie assessment. Also Timpano will not be back as he is playing at Brock University up in Canada now. Decent player but with Herlihey being an instant star he became expendable.

Comment

So with Timpano gone we have 16 forwards 10 dmen with King and Costello back and 3 netminders .

Comment

• Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
                No redshirt

Comment

Costello?

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                    mine to, doubt the redhsirt, I know it has been discussed before on these boards but its rare I believe??
                    Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
                    No redshirt
                    The only redshirts allowed in D-III are medical. Redlight got one.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      The only redshirts allowed in D-III are medical. Redlight got one.
                      Redshirts don't exist in D-III. They are called "medical hardships" that allow players to get an extra year of eligibility.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                        Redshirts don't exist in D-III. They are called "medical hardships" that allow players to get an extra year of eligibility.
                        yes I would imagine getting hurt in the 1st game of the yr would qualify him for one,but will he apply and does he want to would be the question perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
                          Costello?
                          Costello defenseman transfer from Army,check post #116 for the list of recruits in this thread.

Comment

Sounds like the smallest group of players, we've had in a few years, especially forwards. I heard a player comment on having to many extra players not playing and planning on not coming back by the end of January, it hurts the morale.
                            I have a theory, that so many players not playing, it creates a divide, and it is hard to create close/bonded group of players. I like having a smaller group. Anyways just my theory.

Comment

Not sure either, just a few quick #'s......the sunyac teams last yr averaged about 26 players/team with Oswego leading with 31 Genny with 30 and Platty with 26, Bport had only 23...The Final Four team...Trinity 28...St. Pt. 28...Amherst 25 Adrian 26.....who knows??

Comment

I really hope King had a great summer to recover for if healthy he will be the ROCK on D. Not taking anything away from Johnson. I agree with all comments about the D. The net situation not so I think we will be OK. I think we need better consistency in the scoring. The last half for the season was not good especially the last 5-6 games before the post season started. Like every season staying out of the rest box and no injuries will be key. I hope the sophomores understand how fortunate they were their freshmen year to make it to the championship game and this year really sets a fire in their belly. I don't remember for Lakers having a Swedish player before please correct me if I am wrong.
                                Oswego '88

Comment

Working...
                                X