Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oswego State 2015 NCAA Playoff/Offseason Thread, 6th times the charm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego State 2015 NCAA Playoff/Offseason Thread, 6th times the charm?

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    was also wondering if Sawyer is back didnt get to much time,and thought we may lose a few more forwards due to lack of PT,but I guess only Yorke is gone?? Joseph kid is 6'2' 195lbs so size will help as well.
    Sawyer is not coming back

Comment

Originally posted by coasttocoast View Post
      Sawyer is not coming back
      thanks didnt think so,down to 2 netminder there must be another coming in or we have a skater that can be the 3rd goalie,we had one in the past cant recall his name??? Also wonder why Joseph didnt take a few more yrs and play Jr as the majority of recruits do?? as stated he is only 18.

Comment

I was just reading that Tristan Joseph's father built a hockey rink inside a barn at their ranch. That's pretty cool.
        http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
          thanks didnt think so,down to 2 netminder there must be another coming in or we have a skater that can be the 3rd goalie,we had one in the past cant recall his name??? Also wonder why Joseph didnt take a few more yrs and play Jr as the majority of recruits do?? as stated he is only 18.
          Joe Hall played back up goaltender about 8 years ago.
          Oldtimehockey

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimehockey View Post
            yes that was the player.....I would like a third goalie with his owen set of pads,perhaps one will be around at pink fluffy bunny time

Comment

Any news on who the captains are?
              http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimehockey View Post
                I thought it was Tyler Laws?

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
                  Any news on who the captains are?
                  would think? King gets the C if hes back? any info on that, I know he had a knee and I think a concusion as well last yr?? after that no idea

Comment

Originally posted by sticksnstones View Post
                    I thought it was Tyler Laws?
                    Tyler Laws also dressed as a backup during his Senior year.

Comment

Doesn't look like we will have to dress a skater in net......Adrian Ignagni jr transfer from Niagara,played 17 games frshman yr then 9 his soph yr had pretty good #'s his frshman yr year winning player of the week after beating RIT 2x and making 69 saves for the series with a shutout . just got feed up with loosing perhaps?? should make for some strong battles for the starting job ...also picked up another dman pierre Ouellette puck moving offensive dman from the CCHLlast pick up was Taylor Joseph,not Tristian Joseph 6 180 lbs played 4 yrs in the OJHL should be another nice addition to the class ...should be fun to watch the new guys blend in,the coaching staff does a great job with that, looks to me we had 8 guys leave,6 to graduation, and 7 come in the door good luck to them all.
                      Last edited by bakdraft21; 08-29-2015, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Okay so it's Cujo's other son then. Not big point totals so I am thinking he is your replacement for a guy like Krystian Yorke, high energy, throw the body a bit, penalty killer. A lunch pail type player that teams cannot win championships without. Ouellette is kinda smallish for a Dman but from what I read he is pretty quick and is good at moving the puck. Also with Adrian Ignagni coming in I expect him to at the very least give Z a run for his money. If Z hits a rough patch which he is prone to do I think Eddie will be less hesitant to put Adrian in there than Gilbert. The last goalie transfer Oswego got from Niagara turned out to be pretty decent.

The 2015-16 class looks like this if all posted info is correct.

F Cameron Berry Philadelphia Little Flyers (EHL) 6'0 185 Chandler, AZ 48gp, (28-33-61), 32pim
                        F TJ Sneath Hampton Roads Whalers (USPHL-Elite) 5'10 185 Chino Hills, CA 48gp, (42-58-100), 10pim
                        F Connor Boyd Rochester Jr. Americans (USPHL-Premier) 6'0 201 Fairport, NY 47gp, (22-27-49), 103pim
                        F Taylor Joseph Aurora Tigers (OJHL) 6'0 181 Aurora, ON 61gp, (13-22-35), 4pim
                        F/D Connor Costello New Jersey Hitmen (USPHL-Premier) 6-1 205 Londonberry, NH 45gp, (4-19-23), 66pim Transfer, will be a Sophomore. Also played at Army.
                        D Pierre Ouellette Hawksbury Hawks (CCHL) 5'11 181 Dieppe, NB 56gp, (6-19-25), 46pim
                        D Kristoffer Brun Brookings Blizzard (NAHL) 6'3 212 Upplands Väsby, SWE 55gp, (1-8-9), 72pim
                        G Adrian Ignagni Niagara Purple Eagles (Atlantic Hockey) 6'0 165 Mississauga, ON 9gp (0-8-0 record) 4.98GAA .856 sv.% Transfer, will be a Junior.
                        Last edited by Laker28; 08-29-2015, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker28 View Post
                          Okay so it's Cujo's other son then. Not big point totals so I am thinking he is your replacement for a guy like Krystian Yorke, high energy, throw the body a bit, penalty killer. A lunch pail type player that teams cannot win championships without. Ouellette is kinda smallish for a Dman but from what I read he is pretty quick and is good at moving the puck. Also with Adrian Ignagni coming in I expect him to at the very least give Z a run for his money. If Z hits a rough patch which he is prone to do I think Eddie will be less hesitant to put Adrian in there than Gilbert. The last goalie transfer Oswego got from Niagara turned out to be pretty decent.

The 2015-16 class looks like this if all posted info is correct.

F Cameron Berry Philadelphia Little Flyers (EHL) 6'0 185 Chandler, AZ 48gp, (28-33-61), 32pim
                          F TJ Sneath Hampton Roads Whalers (USPHL-Elite) 5'10 185 Chino Hills, CA 48gp, (42-58-100), 10pim
                          F Connor Boyd Rochester Jr. Americans (USPHL-Premier) 6'0 201 Fairport, NY 47gp, (22-27-49), 103pim
                          F Taylor Joseph Aurora Tigers (OJHL) 6'0 181 Aurora, ON 61gp, (13-22-35), 4pim
                          F/D Connor Costello New Jersey Hitmen (USPHL-Premier) 6-1 205 Londonberry, NH 45gp, (4-19-23), 66pim Transfer, will be a Sophomore. Also played at Army.
                          D Pierre Ouellette Hawksbury Hawks (CCHL) 5'11 181 Dieppe, NB 56gp, (6-19-25), 46pim
                          D Kristoffer Brun Brookings Blizzard (NAHL) 6'3 212 Upplands Väsby, SWE 55gp, (1-8-9), 72pim
                          G Adrian Ignagni Niagara Purple Eagles (Atlantic Hockey) 6'0 165 Mississauga, ON 9gp (0-8-0 record) 4.98GAA .856 sv.% Transfer, will be a Junior.
                          looks good just to add about the new netminder in his frshman yr the team was 15-20-5 and he had a 3.11ga with a .900save% pretty good and he got peppered for sure,the next yr the team lost a ton, 7-28-4,he didnt have to players in front of him at all in comparision to the yr before.Also the big Swede played a yr in the USHL before NAHL,both top Jr leagues,USHL being the top in the USA.Also cant seem to figure out where Costello will play I think defense??.Looks to be another nice job by the coaching staff..
                          Last edited by bakdraft21; 08-29-2015, 11:43 AM.

Comment

I say Costello plays defense. They have enough forwards, I see no reason to move a guy to forward from his natural defensive position. As I said I think Adrian will supplant Z as the starter at some point this season because Z has had trouble staying consistent his first two seasons and Adrian is talented enough to take the ball and run with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker28 View Post
                              I say Costello plays defense. They have enough forwards, I see no reason to move a guy to forward from his natural defensive position. As I said I think Adrian will supplant Z as the starter at some point this season because Z has had trouble staying consistent his first two seasons and Adrian is talented enough to take the ball and run with it.
                              I think as we have seen in the past with the coaching staff,you have to earn your spot day in and day out,they do have around 30 skaters,I believe a few top players,no names mentioned, in the past have sat due to lack of hustle/enthusiasm/bad penalties,I am sure it will be no different in between the pipes,I just dont think Gilbert gave Zman a huge run for his $$$,this yr will be different.....agree we will see Costello on D....ps very hard to stay consistent all yr long its a loooong season that has begun already with dryland traing..and will NOT end until the END of March
                              Last edited by bakdraft21; 08-29-2015, 04:05 PM.

Comment

I thought Z and Hulsaf were our best players after Christmas. Z won us the pathfinder tournament and kept us in the Championship game in Plattsburgh. Z was bad the first month of the season, but turned it around. I hope the Div. 1 goalie earns his starts, I think Z has earned his.

Good list of recruits, as usual it will not be easy to make the lineup. With Davies healthy and Jackson for the full year, it will be a battle for the new forwards to get game time. I hope there is a special player in the new group of forwards, but I don't see anything yet.
                                Defense, there should be some opportunity this year, we lost 3 starters to graduation. How well we replace the D will go a long way in determining our success.

Comment

Working...
                                X