Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oswego State 2015 NCAA Playoff/Offseason Thread, 6th times the charm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego State 2015 NCAA Playoff/Offseason Thread, 6th times the charm?

Originally posted by DIIIFan View Post
    I really hope King had a great summer to recover for if healthy he will be the ROCK on D. Not taking anything away from Johnson. I agree with all comments about the D. The net situation not so I think we will be OK. I think we need better consistency in the scoring. The last half for the season was not good especially the last 5-6 games before the post season started. Like every season staying out of the rest box and no injuries will be key. I hope the sophomores understand how fortunate they were their freshmen year to make it to the championship game and this year really sets a fire in their belly. I don't remember for Lakers having a Swedish player before please correct me if I am wrong.
    Oswego '88
    I think we/I will miss Willis the most he nailed guys with wreckless abandon in the dzone and set the tone for other to bang'em,I think the offense will be ok,bound to have lulls here and there.As an ex-dman I would love to see more smashmouth slot and crease protection,but with those d%$% 2 refs they catch all the stuff in the crease,not like the old days when the 1 ref was watching the puck.I know Van Boxmeer was from Calf,maybe some Swedish heritage

Comment

Originally posted by DIIIFan View Post
      I really hope King had a great summer to recover for if healthy he will be the ROCK on D. Not taking anything away from Johnson. I agree with all comments about the D. The net situation not so I think we will be OK. I think we need better consistency in the scoring. The last half for the season was not good especially the last 5-6 games before the post season started. Like every season staying out of the rest box and no injuries will be key. I hope the sophomores understand how fortunate they were their freshmen year to make it to the championship game and this year really sets a fire in their belly. I don't remember for Lakers having a Swedish player before please correct me if I am wrong.
      Oswego '88
      Back in I think 94-95 they had a goalie named Niclas Erhardt but I don't recall him playing and I don't think he was on the roster very long. I don't remember there being another in my time following the team.

Comment

[QUOTE=bakdraft21;6192612]I think we/I will miss Willis the most he nailed guys with wreckless abandon in the dzone and set the tone for other to bang'em,I think the offense will be ok,bound to have lulls here and there.As an ex-dman I would love to see more smashmouth slot and crease protection,but with those d%$% 2 refs they catch all the stuff in the crease,not like the old days when the 1 ref was watching the puck.

#5 the good old days of smash mouth style D will not work anymore for it is not PC. From watching the Hobart NCAA game I would say the refs will. Joel and his stripped partner let everything go and I was surprised no one got hurt. But you are correct most refs can't let a clean hit go with out calling a penalty. I can't remember if you ever laid on a clean hit, haha!!
        Oswego '88

Comment

after re-reading the start of the season email from coach Gosek and Lakeont55 questioning of who is Costello,is Costello on campus is the question,not sure why he wouldnt be in the email ?? Buehler Buehler anyone??? coastotcoast any idea you seem to have a insiders view?

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
            after re-reading the start of the season email from coach Gosek and Lakeont55 questioning of who is Costello,is Costello on campus is the question,not sure why he wouldnt be in the email ?? Buehler Buehler anyone???
            Hey Abbott!!!
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

[QUOTE=DIIIFan;6192697]
              Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
              I think we/I will miss Willis the most he nailed guys with wreckless abandon in the dzone and set the tone for other to bang'em,I think the offense will be ok,bound to have lulls here and there.As an ex-dman I would love to see more smashmouth slot and crease protection,but with those d%$% 2 refs they catch all the stuff in the crease,not like the old days when the 1 ref was watching the puck.

#5 the good old days of smash mouth style D will not work anymore for it is not PC. From watching the Hobart NCAA game I would say the refs will. Joel and his stripped partner let everything go and I was surprised no one got hurt. But you are correct most refs can't let a clean hit go with out calling a penalty. I can't remember if you ever laid on a clean hit, haha!!
              Oswego '88
              clean hits were all in the eye of the beholder,or the hitee,,,hey after they gave us those metal shaft sticks I thought it was open season on forwards,crap Greenie must have broken a dozen that season most over people heads and backs..ps check the stats I spent little time in the sin bin,due to knowing where the ref was at all times

Comment

Just bought my airline tickets back to New York for the whiteout game, whose planning on going this year, (it's November 13th)
                http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
                  Just bought my airline tickets back to New York for the whiteout game, whose planning on going this year, (it's November 13th)
                  im planning,have the hotel reserved,I guess I will buy tiks online,when they go on sale,think its the 5th of October.

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
                    The Whiteout game on Friday the 13th?!?

Comment

Whatever happened to bagels?
                      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                        Whatever happened to bagels?
                        Too cheesy?
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

#5 Thank you for being a NYFD 14 yrs ago. I hope you remember your friends and fellow NYFD with the greatest of memories who responded to the World Trade Building Attacks.
                          Thank You
                          Oswego '88

Comment

• Originally posted by DIIIFan View Post
                            #5 Thank you for being a NYFD 14 yrs ago. I hope you remember your friends and fellow NYFD with the greatest of memories who responded to the World Trade Building Attacks.
                            Thank You
                            Oswego '88
                            This. 👏👏👏
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

thanks for the kind thoughts, it is not an ez day and never seems to get any easier.....................ok now lets play some puck....hope to see ya Whiteout Weekend

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                                This. 👏👏👏
                                ++++++++++++yes sir.

Comment

Working...
                                X