Bill Beaney's successor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Beaney's successor

Sure we are still in the middle of conference playoffs and the tablecloth might not even be off the table where Bill Beaney held his retirement presser, but it's never too early to start speculating who his replacement might be, right? Isn't that what forums are for, unnecessary conjecture, like Pool C bids?

Does Neil Sinclair get another look at the job, which he held as a place holder for Beaney during sabbatical, despite Sinclair's lack of success at Skidmore?

Re: Bill Beaney's successor

I hear Jeff Beaney is available. Oh wait.....he stepped down too, with a dismal record. I suspect that D1 assistants will be provide the best options.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden007 View Post
      I hear Jeff Beaney is available. Oh wait.....he stepped down too, with a dismal record. I suspect that D1 assistants will be provide the best options.
      I have one coach in the back of my mind.....I am keeping it as a "sealed bid"

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

As much as I did not agree with his style of hockey, Alex Todd was able to recruit & establish hockey at Castleton in his 8 years. The last two years he has spent as an assistant at Div I Nebraska Omaha.

Comment

Jamie McKenna was a great player there, and a fine assistant coach. Therefore, he won't get the job!

Comment

Originally posted by VT bragging rights View Post
            As much as I did not agree with his style of hockey, Alex Todd was able to recruit & establish hockey at Castleton in his 8 years. The last two years he has spent as an assistant at Div I Nebraska Omaha.
            So wouldn't it be considered a step backward to come back to Div III from a top 10 Div I team, even if he's "just" an assistant?
            Steve
            Penn State Class of '95
            Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

How about Steve Moffat?
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                So wouldn't it be considered a step backward to come back to Div III from a top 10 Div I team, even if he's "just" an assistant?
                THis would be a plum job with probably best DIII rink in the country and if the school backs the program. Norwich coach Mike McShane seems to be happy with his 20 years at Norwich after spending 5 years as head coach at Div I St Lawrence and 9 years as head coach at Div I Providence

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                  How about Steve Moffat?
                  Crossed my mind, but has he done enough at Castleton in a couple years to take over Middlebury?
                  Steve
                  Penn State Class of '95
                  Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                    Depends. If the applicant is looking at the Middlebury position as a stepping stone to bigger things, first, Iit IS a plum assignment and a good line on the resume. Second, because it is a great line on the resume, any candidate looking at Middlebury as just another notch in the handle should not get the job. This position should be a destination, not a way station.

Of course, once you get the job, you have to succeed in the position while adhering to the institution's philosophies.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Kevin Swallow, Nichols HC

Comment

Not only players like having an AQ, so expect Gary Heenan who is itching for a new home and George Roll to be looking.

A squash coach there starts at $45,000.
                        Last edited by norm1909; 03-07-2015, 07:06 AM.
                        Larry Normandin
                        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Sign me up for any of the following....

Kevin Houle
                          Mark Bolding
                          Mike Ayers
                          James LaCour
                          Brian Phinney
                          Kevin Cooper

Comment

Maybe they can get Pierre McGuire out from btwn the benches,he knows his stuff for sure,and he did play at Hobart.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyguy99 View Post
                              Sign me up for any of the following....

Kevin Houle
                              Mark Bolding
                              Mike Ayers
                              James LaCour
                              Brian Phinney
                              Kevin Cooper
                              Houle and Bolding each have a pretty sweet deal in their current locations, so I don't foresee them leaving (while I recognize that anything could happen). LaCour would certainly be a favorite here on the forums, for obvious reasons, but one could argue that he's a bit inexperienced for such a high-profile job.
                              Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                              SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                              ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                              NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                              NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                              NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                              NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Working...
                              X