Minnesota @ Ohio State: 3/7 & 3/8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota @ Ohio State: 3/7 & 3/8

Minnesota travels to play Ohio State this weekend, Friday's game is at 4pm central and is on ESPNU. Saturday's game is at 5pm central and is on ESPN news. Ohio State is coming off a sweep at home against Penn State, Minnesota split with Michigan State at Mariucci.

Go
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Re: Minnesota @ Ohio State: 3/7 & 3/8

Ok, I'm not one to complain about start times, what night games are played on, etc......but 4pm start on a Friday is too early. I have to hope the DVR works and I can avoid social media until I get home around 5.

Pretty much every game from here on out for the Gophers is a must win, that goes without saying....
    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
      Ok, I'm not one to complain about start times, what night games are played on, etc......but 4pm start on a Friday is too early. I have to hope the DVR works and I can avoid social media until I get home around 5.

Pretty much every game from here on out for the Gophers is a must win, that goes without saying....
      If you're not a 15 year old girl this shouldn't be a problem...
      You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
        If you're not a 15 year old girl this shouldn't be a problem...
        Trying to decide how to and/or if I should respond to this.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

5 o clock on a friday in columbus, should be a huge crowd on hand. It will probably feel like playing in a regional.

Comment

Trying to decide how to and/or if I should respond to this.....
            You just did.....and wonderfully, I might add.
            You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Since we are at the end of our 2nd season of playing in the B1G, here are my rankings on who I like to watch play and some notes about the teams and what's good and bad about watching the Gophers play these teams.

1. Michigan - I enjoy these games. At least they try to skate up and down the rink and score goals. They have talent on their squad.

2. Ohio State/Penn State - Penn State has a nice arena and energetic fans, team is getting better on the rink but still meh, they like to trap some too. Ohio State has crappy fan support and huge empty arena but will try to skate and score goals (they have a couple of speedy guys) they don't seem to sit back like MSU and becky does.
              3. Michigan State - trap, pack it in around the net, block tons of shots. pretty boring, at least they don't wear red jerseys.
              4. Becky- The most boring of all the B1G teams (probably the whole country too) to watch, their arena is now half full and they just suck in general. Their players don't know what the offensive blue line is (minus Besse, because he is a MN HS product)

In closing, the B1G mostly sucks to watch and play against, most opposing fans don't care about their team and it is clutch and grab trap hockey.

Bring back the old WCHA!

Comment

Minnesota must crush the next (4) games. No excuses, no letdowns, no nothing. Win the next (4).
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

OSU has enough trouble getting fans to the game. This ultra early time definitely won't help them.

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                  4. Becky- The most boring of all the B1G teams (probably the whole country too) to watch, their arena is now half full and they just suck in general. Their players don't know what the offensive blue line is (minus Besse, because he is a MN HS product)
                  Pretty generous to call becky's rink half full. They've got a big place so half full would be a decent crowd for most teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                    OSU has enough trouble getting fans to the game. This ultra early time definitely won't help them.
                    I'm a 15 year old girl, apparently, so it sucks for me.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Since we are at the end of our 2nd season of playing in the B1G, here are my rankings on who I like to watch play and some notes about the teams and what's good and bad about watching the Gophers play these teams.

1. Michigan - I enjoy these games. At least they try to skate up and down the rink and score goals. They have talent on their squad.

2. Ohio State/Penn State - Penn State has a nice arena and energetic fans, team is getting better on the rink but still meh, they like to trap some too. Ohio State has crappy fan support and huge empty arena but will try to skate and score goals (they have a couple of speedy guys) they don't seem to sit back like MSU and becky does.
                      3. Michigan State - trap, pack it in around the net, block tons of shots. pretty boring, at least they don't wear red jerseys.

In closing, the B1G mostly sucks to watch and play against, most opposing fans don't care about their team and it is clutch and grab trap hockey.

Bring back the old WCHA!
                      Knowing the bruser style of some sports that the B1G plays. I wouldn't be surprised to see OSU slowly figure out what UW and MSU are doing while seeing their success and adapt their play. And if PSU can't stay competitive...they could even follow suit.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

When I was still in MN I dIdn't find it difficult to avoid Twitter/Facebook/GPL/USCHO/score apps for a few hours until I got home and fired up the DVR. I can't remember the last time I heard the score of a game I was trying to avoid for just a little bit.
                        Last edited by Slap Shot; 03-03-2015, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                          Knowing the bruser style of some sports that the B1G plays. I wouldn't be surprised to see OSU slowly figure out what UW and MSU are doing while seeing their success and adapt their play. And if PSU can't stay competitive...they could even follow suit.
                          You think they want to adapt to get to UW's level of success? Um... okay.

Comment

Maybe they will change to the famous 0-0-5 forecheck that becky loves to use.

Comment

5 o clock on a friday in columbus, should be a huge crowd on hand. It will probably feel like playing in a regional.
                              Huge crowd and regional tend not to go together...
                              "A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day." -Calvin

4:00 double minors for roughing, to everyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X