PDA

View Full Version : UA_ @ ACC...continued

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

Hal9K
03-08-2015, 04:53 AM
Meh, fitting end for this year, I like our freshman, I'm interested to see what they bring in next year. For the umpteenth year in a row our team speed grade is D-.
You can't teach speed, sorry folks, Fairbanks gets it, we don't seem to yet.
Good series Nanooks, some day we'll cash in on the power play.
JJ don't call out players by name, no one came out tonight to lose. Build your team coach, good luck next season.
Seniors thanks for the 4 years!

Suze
03-08-2015, 12:30 PM
Meh, fitting end for this year, I like our freshman, I'm interested to see what they bring in next year. For the umpteenth year in a row our team speed grade is D-.
You can't teach speed, sorry folks, Fairbanks gets it, we don't seem to yet.
Good series Nanooks, some day we'll cash in on the power play.
JJ don't call out players by name, no one came out tonight to lose. Build your team coach, good luck next season.
Seniors thanks for the 4 years!

Yes, thank you to the seniors, you guys were part of something very special last year with the first winning season ... going to the Final Five and almost beating Ferris State, taking the game to overtime. It's a season I will never forget, and there will be more like it down the road.

camilo
03-08-2015, 01:04 PM
Dear UAA Hockey Team except Olivier Mantha,

I have never been more ashamed to be a UAA fan than right now. [juvenile, hateful drivel deleted]...I hope the program gets cut. It deserves nothing more.

All I can do is shake my head and re-post what I posted last year to a similar disgusting tirade by this "fan" (you are not a fan, you are a lost soul with waaay too much ego tied up in a college hockey team). Evidently it seems to be a pattern with this guy.

[from last year's reply to a similar post]:

"Oh stop it, you're just embarrassing yourself and completely tipping this thread's asshat factor in favor of Anchorage - and that's takes a lot because as far as I can see, most Anchorage fans - and Fairbanks fans too - actually like to talk about the game in addition to juvenile trash talk.

Regardless of how much ego and self esteem you have riding on this college hockey team, It really means nothing to the quality of your university or your town. And these are just college kids, non-elite caliber, many/most of whom are just playing D-I hockey as the pinnacle of their careers. They love the game and are probably playing as well as they can (over all, that is, everyone has a bad game).

... Last night they ran into a very good team, a team that right now seems to be playing at the top of their game and whose run puts them among the better teams in the country at this particular point in the season.

No shame at getting spanked by a better team that happens to be on a terrific roll at this point in time. I think UAA had some flashes of this themselves too a couple times this year."

To UAA players - ignore this guy. Have fun playing college hockey and good luck in whatever your life brings you.

UAFIceAngel
03-08-2015, 02:42 PM
Well...adios Anchorage...getting ready to board and head home after an awesome weekend with no voice left and a bit of a celebration hangover! Thank you Nanooks for giving us your all!

Who got the cup?!

Alaska Hockey
03-08-2015, 05:12 PM
I have never been more ashamed to be a UAA fan than right now.

Time for you to take up curling, or move to _airbanks.

Jimjamesak
03-08-2015, 05:39 PM
Time for you to take up curling, or move to _airbanks.
Well I learned something, to be a UAA fan I must learn to accept that they will always lose and sometime "in the future" they won't. :rolleyes:

Losing culture. As long as you people continue to accept losing, things won't change.

AKSWF
03-08-2015, 06:54 PM
Well I learned something, to be a UAA fan I must learn to accept that they will always lose and sometime "in the future" they won't. :rolleyes:

Losing culture. As long as you people continue to accept losing, things won't change.

While you can be blunt, you show passion for sure. If only there were more fans like you, the dude who hung the "dead" stuffed polar bear, and the dude who almost got into a fight with a middle aged UA_ fan (he was wearing a plain blue shirt). While the actions performed by you guys aren't always the best reflection of UAA and our fanbase, you guys show the passion of wanting to finally have a winning program we could all be proud of.

We fans can't do all that much, but in the ways we can you guys make waves. This was a long, rough season. We should not be fighting among ourselves, we all want our team to succeed. We must persevere.

Another season, another loss to our rivals. We've been through this before. There's always next season eh.

Squarebanks
03-08-2015, 08:56 PM
This one was the best of the last six. Parayko tackling Cahill at the end was the best part of the night. After all the crap this athletic program has gone through since last fall it was cathartic to get something to hang our hats on...I've never seen our players or fans get as emotional over winning that trophy as they did last night.

UAFIceAngel
03-08-2015, 09:07 PM
This one was the best of the last six. Parayko tackling Cahill at the end was the best part of the night. After all the crap this athletic program has gone through since last fall it was cathartic to get something to hang our hats on...I've never seen our players or fans get as emotional over winning that trophy as they did last night.

I have never seen Parayko show that much emotion during a game. He's always so calm usually regardless if the game is going good or bad. I REALLY hope he sticks around...he's probably the best captain they've ever had to lead this team and would love to see him take the team to a better finish next year!

Squarebanks
03-08-2015, 09:14 PM
I have never seen Parayko show that much emotion during a game. He's always so calm usually regardless if the game is going good or bad. I REALLY hope he sticks around...he's probably the best captain they've ever had to lead this team and would love to see him take the team to a better finish next year!

Even if he leaves we should be solid next year. In the unlikely event he's back, we have a chance to be really, really good.

Suze
03-08-2015, 11:21 PM

Nobody accepts losing, but calling out the senior class by name and spewing the hate toward them that you did is totally crossing the line. These four seniors are part of something very special, they went to the Final Five two times. They were on the team that swept the Gophers in the playoffs at Mariucci (the only team to EVER do that). Can any other UAA players, in the history of UAA hockey, say that?

You can say all you want about the program, but getting personal and mean spirited to the guys directly is not cool.

Suze
03-08-2015, 11:22 PM
Even if he leaves we should be solid next year. In the unlikely event he's back, we have a chance to be really, really good.

Yeah, you are probably right. I thought Tyler Morley was graduating this season. Dang. Jones was out with a season ending injury, right? Was it his knee? What's up with him?

Squarebanks
03-08-2015, 11:49 PM
Yeah, you are probably right. I thought Tyler Morley was graduating this season. Dang. Jones was out with a season ending injury, right? Was it his knee? What's up with him?

T. Morley and Parayko were both juniors this year. I never heard exactly what happened with Jones' injury...he was real hot and cold this year, but probably our #1 next year with Cahill graduating.

GoNanooks
03-09-2015, 12:16 AM
That was awesome. It's one thing to have the fans cheering in the background. But hearing the players chanting "We Got The Cup" was pretty sweet. It was clear they wanted they wanted the cup badly.

Seawolf Fan
03-09-2015, 02:10 AM
Good grief JJ, ya think this is a little over the top? I hope these guys know that other UAA fans do not feel this way.
Thank you Suze.
I'm a 180 degrees from his opinion.
Just consider that everyone has one. An opinion.
JJ, you come across as a real jerk!
Go watch the Aces, those guys trying to avoid growing up and getting a real job.
Leave the real players to us fans that don't turn turtle.
I don't need you and the players most certainly don't.

Jimjamesak
03-09-2015, 02:15 AM
Nobody accepts losing, but calling out the senior class by name and spewing the hate toward them that you did is totally crossing the line. These four seniors are part of something very special, they went to the Final Five two times. They were on the team that swept the Gophers in the playoffs at Mariucci (the only team to EVER do that). Can any other UAA players, in the history of UAA hockey, say that?

You can say all you want about the program, but getting personal and mean spirited to the guys directly is not cool.
Actually that senior class didn't go to the F5 twice, that would be last year's class. Remember, that was Kamal's freshman year. This class didn't do anything special, this season illustrated that. Take away Matt Bailey and look at what became of Allen and Cameron: ineffective turnover machines incapable of creating any significant offensive prescence and gutless leadership.

Look at these posts by these UAF fans celebrating this weekend ON OUR HOME ICE IN OUR ARENA. That is humiliating and embarrassing for this program, something that should NEVER be allowed to happen. And the fault of it lies squarely on the leadership of the UAA team: the senior class. To play flat, slow, and uninspired against our rivals is simply unforgivable. The team was capable of better.

And yet, in the midst of one of the lowest moments in program history, all you can muster is an "oh well", meek talk of arena and practice rink improvements, and factually incorrect defenses of the players responsible for said moment. You know who else had a bad season? Wisconsin. Do you know what the difference between us and them is? The first thing they discuss is to how to never have a season like that again. The first thing that many at UAA say? Oh well. Losing culture. When will enough be enough? When we will stand up and say "I am tired of this. This is unacceptable. No more excuses, this cannot happen again!"

Seawolf Fan
03-09-2015, 02:23 AM
I am tired of this. This is unacceptable. No more excuses, this cannot happen again!"
Glad to see you've had enough.
You've said it over and over. Repeated yourself ad infinitive.
Adios see ya later
Don't need your kind here.
Have fun and hope you get a life wherever you end up as long as it's not here.

Jimjamesak
03-09-2015, 02:25 AM
Thank you Suze.
I'm a 180 degrees from his opinion.
Just consider that everyone has one. An opinion.
JJ, you come across as a real jerk!
Go watch the Aces, those guys trying to avoid growing up and getting a real job.
Leave the real players to us fans that don't turn turtle.
I don't need you and the players most certainly don't.
Wrong, I have passion and I actually care. I respect players that work hard every game, a fundamental aspect of this program that was missing this season. I'm certainly not "turning turtle." Forgive me for believing the program is capable of achieving more and expecting that. :rolleyes:

Jimjamesak
03-09-2015, 02:29 AM
Glad to see you've had enough.
You've said it over and over. Repeated yourself ad infinitive.
Adios see ya later
Don't need your kind here.
Have fun and hope you get a life wherever you end up as long as it's not here.
Sorry sparkles, I'm not going anywhere. I've been watching this program since I was born.

It's the folks like you who are comfortable enough to watch this program lose year after year that need to hit the bricks.

Seawolf Fan
03-09-2015, 02:31 AM
Sorry sparkles, I'm not going anywhere. I've been watching this program since I was born.

It's the folks like you who are comfortable enough to watch this program lose year after year that need to hit the bricks.
You're really "special".
At least in your mind.
Go get a life.