WCHA Playoffs 2015: MacNaughton Quest Determined

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA Playoffs 2015: MacNaughton Quest Determined

Like I said, its a tough choice, it does seem a little surprising that the WCHA chose the coach of the team that was picked to win the league, but to be fair, its almost as hard to do whats expected of you when that much is expected of you, and to be top 2 in the country is wonderful for the WCHA.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

A bunch of B.S. that Mel didn't get coach of the year.
      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Hastings deserves coach of the year, no-brainer.

but to skate to a third-place finish without a single first-, second-, or third-team star...
        that's all on the coaching staff, folks.
        Bergeron will be winning the award soon, very soon.
        Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 • SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

I'm surprised UAA had a player on any list...
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I don't think anyone can say any other f the coaches was a no-brained and it will be very difficult to predict who will win in the next few years, there are so many quality coaches in this league and there are so many ways to look at this league and choose a winner for this season. The more I look at it there are only a couple coaches that didn't deaerve it this year...
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              I don't think anyone can say any other f the coaches was a no-brained and it will be very difficult to predict who will win in the next few years, there are so many quality coaches in this league and there are so many ways to look at this league and choose a winner for this season. The more I look at it there are only a couple coaches that didn't deaerve it this year...
              Agree completely. There are a lot of good coaches in the league, and it would be hard to argue with any of 5 or 6 of them winning. Mel can take solace in going to the tournament...pretty decent consolation prize.

Comment

Does anybody know what each coach's bonus for winning COY is? I'd think that's the only reason a coach would care about it.
                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                  Does anybody know what each coach's bonus for winning COY is? I'd think that's the only reason a coach would care about it.
                  It's just another recruiting tool. Something for your assistants to brag to 17-year-olds about.
                  Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                  USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Do they re-seed for the Frozen Five after the first round, or is the bracket set?

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly100 View Post
                      Do they re-seed for the Frozen Five after the first round, or is the bracket set?
                      they reseed the Final Five

Comment

• Originally posted by Superfly100 View Post
                        Final Five.
                        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Assuming all the first round hosts win, that leaves us with MnSt-Bemidji and Tech-BG as the matchups. Will the WCHA do what it did last year in GR, and have the #1 seed play the second semifinal with the local teams to maximize the gate? Or will Minnesota State be protected and play the first semifinal to allow for more rest?

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                            Assuming all the first round hosts win, that leaves us with MnSt-Bemidji and Tech-BG as the matchups. Will the WCHA do what it did last year in GR, and have the #1 seed play the second semifinal with the local teams to maximize the gate? Or will Minnesota State be protected and play the first semifinal to allow for more rest?
                            May was well just amend the "Minnesota Rule" to change it to the "Minnesota State Rule".
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              May was well just amend the "Minnesota Rule" to change it to the "Minnesota State Rule".
                              Would that mean that last year it would have been known as the "Ferris State rule"?

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                                Would be very surprised if MN State plays the afternoon game...

Comment

Working...
                                X