Boston Hotel Rooms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston Hotel Rooms

Looking for rooms in Boston...College Hockey Fanatics have rooms available at the Marriott Long Wharf for $269.00 + tax per room, up to 4 people per room. Contact rooms@collegehockeyfanatics.org for more info.

Re: Boston Hotel Rooms

Mookie is guessing those ain't 4 double bed rooms!!
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Boston hotel prices made me spit out my coffee when looking when my wife and I were there in October...
      MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
        Boston hotel prices made me spit out my coffee when looking when my wife and I were there in October...
        no kidding, I was back home for a conference... thank god work picked up the tab.
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
          Even my usual go-to hotel just off the Lechmere stop has jacked up prices. Try hotels outside the city. For the Hockey East Tournament I have taken the Commuter Rail and stayed in Lowell. The MBTA also services Providence and Worcester and lots of smaller cities in between. If you have a car you have more freedom, but have fun parking!

Having checked prices for Boston hotels on a regular basis, the deal Sherri has is awesome - especially for downtown.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            Try hotels outside the city. For the Hockey East Tournament I have taken the Commuter Rail and stayed in Lowell. The MBTA also services Providence and Worcester and lots of smaller cities in between. If you have a car you have more freedom, but have fun parking!
            I might suggest a little caution in depending absolutely on MBTA service these days. Have a back-up plan, at least.

Comment

Boston is one of the tightest markets in the country for hotel rooms. No new hotels with sizable inventory have opened since the recession started.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                Boston is one of the tightest markets in the country for hotel rooms. No new hotels with sizable inventory have opened since the recession started.
                But we're gonna get the Olympics!

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson on the Glass View Post
                  I might suggest a little caution in depending absolutely on MBTA service these days. Have a back-up plan, at least.
                  The rapid transit system should be fine by April.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                    The rapid transit system should be back to its normal regular sucky service as opposed to the winter weather super sucky service by April.
                    fyp

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      fyp
                      Heck, I was I Boston this week. You folks will have snow until July.

Comment

Look in Providence and use the train

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                          The cool thing about staying in Providence is you have two shots at the train - MBTA and Amtrak - so you can pick a time that works for you. Just be careful not to take the Acela because that's three times as expensive and will save you a whole minute.

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                            Why in the world would you want to do that? People going to the game would have to leave before it's over to get to South Station or Back Bay. And honesly, I'm not sure the commuter rail will be fully functional by then. If you're going to book outside the city, there are more than enough hotels on the T one can find. And if you must take the train, find a room in a city near a station that gets you into North Station. Look in Woburn - there are a few hotels close to the Anderson RTC that have shuttles to the train station.

Hotel rooms in Boston are expensive in October due to a number of events - Head of the Charles, homecomings, etc. - plus people headed this way for leaf peeping.

Comment

I've said this on other threads, but I would NOT rely on the Commuter Rail. The Commuter Rail is, as its name would imply, for commuters, so there is not a ton of late night service. Also, the Providence line leaves from South Station, not North Station, which is a good 20 minute walk away. So if any games go overtime you are going to find yourself choosing between a very expensive cab ride or leaving the game early.

The last train Thursday leaves at 11:59 PM, which means you have to leave the Garden around 11:30 PM. If the start times are what they are for Hockey East Championships (5 PM for the early game, 45 minutes after the end of the first game so ~8:15 PM) you will be out of the Garden by 10:45 PM at best. Throw in an OT and you're cutting it close. A full OT period and you're in trouble.

The last train Saturday is at 11:10 PM, so you'll need to be out of the building by 10:45 PM. Start time is 7:30, do the math.

Comment

Working...
                              X