Boston Hotel Rooms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston Hotel Rooms

Keep in mind, the parking garage under the Garden and the garage across the street now charge $42 to park. Thursday is a regular work day so space will be limited and I think the event parking charge starts two hours before game time. There will be other places to park nearby - Government Center garage for one. I heard the rates there went up to $30. But again, Thursday is a work day so you may need to time it so you get there later and not get charged twice - regular day parking and then event parking.

While there are still some significant snow piles, much of it is gone, especially in the city. The regular T is pretty much back and I think the last I saw the Commuter Rail is up to 87% functional. Should be back to normal (?) by the time the FF rolls around.

Comment

A friend of mine works at the Westin Copley Place in Boston's Back Bay neighborhood and they're offering a special FF package. Click on the link below for details and to book:

http://www.westincopleyplaceboston.c..._WI_1035_NORTH

College Hockey Playoffs - April 9 & 11, 2015

Boston hosts the college hockey championship games this April! Cheer on your favorite team and score a Hat Trick with our hockey package. Relax in spacious accommodations in Boston's trendy Back Bay neighborhood, plus enjoy the following:

Complimentary Wi-Fi access ($14.95 daily value)
      Complimentary valet parking ($53 daily value)
      $50 food and beverage credit (excludes alcohol)
      Book now, or call 866-716-8121 and reference rate plan HATTRICK. Valid for arrivals April 8-11, 2015. Package does not include game tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
        A friend of mine works at the Westin Copley Place in Boston's Back Bay neighborhood and they're offering a special FF package. Click on the link below for details and to book:

Boston hosts the college hockey championship games this April! Cheer on your favorite team and score a Hat Trick with our hockey package. Relax in spacious accommodations in Boston's trendy Back Bay neighborhood, plus enjoy the following:

Book now, or call 866-716-8121 and reference rate plan HATTRICK. Valid for arrivals April 8-11, 2015. Package does not include game tickets.
        Holy cow batman!!!! $400+/night
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          Not sure what the allure of that package is. The Westin Copley is on Expedia during that same timeframe at $383. Similar level hotel, Hilton Back Bay is $303. The F&B credit is a nice touch. Would be enough for breakfast for 2, but not enough to make up for the difference in room rates elsewhere. If you are flying in, the valet parking is worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            For that price it should come with a complimentary hand job ($99.95 daily value).
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

If anyone wants to give me a ticket to the game, I've got an extra bedroom in my apartment. Complimentary HJ *not* included, sorry Dirty.

Comment

Originally posted by bu98 View Post
                If anyone wants to give me a ticket to the game, I've got an extra bedroom in my apartment. Complimentary HJ *not* included, sorry Dirty.
                I'd be sold if there was going to be a complimentary ZJ involved.

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
                  I'd be sold if there was going to be a complimentary ZJ involved.
                  ZJ? Must be a Lowell thing. Not sure I want to ask.

Comment

Just looked on the HotelTonight.com app. Thurs/Sunday, I see the:

Taj Boston @ $245/night
                    Park Plaza @ $99/night
                    W Boston @ $255/night
                    Copley Square Hotel @ $241/night
                    Langham @ $232/night
                    Ames @ $299/night
                    Buckminster @ @126/night
                    Lenox @ $239/night
                    Westin Copley Place @ $274/night
                    and the Fairmont Copley Plaza @ $289/night.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post

Of course that $50 food and beverage credit is probably a bottle of water and a bag of chips at most Boston hotels.

Comment

Originally posted by bu98 View Post
                        ZJ? Must be a Lowell thing. Not sure I want to ask.
                        If you got to ask you can't afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonidas View Post
                          Just looked on the HotelTonight.com app. Thurs/Sunday, I see the:

Taj Boston @ $245/night
                          Park Plaza @ $99/night
                          W Boston @ $255/night
                          Copley Square Hotel @ $241/night
                          Langham @ $232/night
                          Ames @ $299/night
                          Buckminster @ @126/night
                          Lenox @ $239/night
                          Westin Copley Place @ $274/night
                          and the Fairmont Copley Plaza @ $289/night.

Hope this helps!

Out of these hotels, the Ames and Langham are within walking distance to the Garden (10 and 15 minutes, respectively). The Park Plaza is undergoing massive renovations, hence the heavily discounted rate. All of these hotels are in excellent locations to enjoy a long weekend in Boston.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoover View Post
                            I'll throw it out here for anyone who can give me some advice - how easy(??) would it be to get a cab after the last game Thursday or after the Saturday game during this type of event? I vividly recall wandering around the sports complex in Philadelphia last April with some other UMaine fans for about an hour, watching cab after cab race by us to pick up other groups. It was frustrating at the time - later we laughed and called it a "memorable experience in Philadelphia!"
                            I know this isn't specifically about cabs, but the T runs until like 3 AM on Friday and Saturday nights for the drunk college kids. So that won't be a problem. On Thursday the last one is probably at 12:45 or so, so uyou'll be fine unless it goes into super overtime. I left after midnight from the Beanpot after game 1 went into double OT and slightly earlier after the championship and consolation games both went into OT, and had no problems with trains either time. So in all likelihood you wouldn't need one.
                            Last edited by TheRevengeance; 03-30-2015, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MN Magic View Post
                              FiveHole12 and Crimson on the Glass: Thank you so much for the insider info. I can just see our group after midnight waiting for a train that might not come?
                              If you're in the station at 12:15-12:30, you're fine. Once it hits 12:45-1:00, then it gets dicey. There are also apps/websites that track trains on the Orange line, and above-ground Green Line stops.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Park at the relatively new Assembly Row complex. It's free, Orange Line adjacent, and a 10 minute ride or less to the Garden.

Comment

Working...
                                X