Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    I expect that the transfer situation has to do with whether the original school cuts the player loose. We just saw this with Alex Carpenter at UAH, who couldn't get ice time at Western and had to sit a year after transferring. I believe that a school can release a player of his/her obligation, but I may be completely wrong and should stick to aerospace engineering.

GFM
    I know that schools can release players to transfer without being penalized. Edit: When John Hill left he wanted to take a UAA player to Minnesota with him ... the AD said absolutely not, but he did release the player to go to CC.
    Last edited by Suze; 04-05-2015, 09:53 PM.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Some nice highlights of the Renouf twins when playing in the BCHL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR31gL1aF5g
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
        I know that schools can release players to transfer without being penalized. I remember John Hill once releasing a UAA player to any team other than a WCHA team.
        I expect this to be the case with the Renouf twins. Rand Pecknold should and I think will release them so they become eligible immediately.
        QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
        2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
        2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
        2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
        https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
        https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
        https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
          I expect this to be the case with the Renouf twins. Rand Pecknold should and I think will release them so they become eligible immediately.
          This article says they were both on full scholarships.

http://nhrcollegehockey.blogspot.com...nd-nathan.html

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
            TJ was the guy who held it all together between the old and new coach.
            And did a darn fine job of it.
            He's a class guy.
            Best of luck in whatever he has going!
            Good, I was beginning to tire in bumping into him around town, matter of fact I Thomas a lot also.

Jk, TJ indeed was our rock, good luck on his future endeavors.
            Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

http://uaafan.blogspot.com/2015/04/s...rs-renouf.html

Comment

A coach can't "release a player to be eligible immediately" unless Quinnipiac announced they were cutting their hockey program. Everybody has to sit out a year. There used to be rare exceptions for personal hardship that would allow a player to play immediately, but even that was shut down by the NCAA this spring. Coaches can submit a list of schools that a player can't accept a scholarship at, but that's it.
                Originally posted by dicaslover
                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                  A coach can't "release a player to be eligible immediately" unless Quinnipiac announced they were cutting their hockey program. Everybody has to sit out a year. There used to be rare exceptions for personal hardship that would allow a player to play immediately, but even that was shut down by the NCAA this spring. Coaches can submit a list of schools that a player can't accept a scholarship at, but that's it.
                  Not true. Zach Luczyk transferred from Quinnipiac to Sacred Heart and played immediately the following year. He played in 6 games for us in 2013-14 and was scratched the rest of the time due to injuries and other players in front of him.

http://www.sacredheartpioneers.com/s...czyk_zach_ycv6
                  QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                  2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                  2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                  2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                  https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                  https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                  https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Luczyk applied for a special NCAA waiver and had it granted. Like I said, that no longer exists, and the Renoufs probably wouldn't have qualified anyway.

Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                      It appears this is correct. Here is what I found under the 2014-15 rules:

One-time transfer exception — You may be immediately able to play a sport at your new school if you:
                      ■ Do not transfer to a Division I school for baseball, men's or women's basketball, football or men’s ice hockey (unless you were not recruited by the original institution and have never received athletically related financial aid);
                      ■ Have never transferred before from a four-year school;
                      ■ Are both academically and athletically eligible; and
                      ■ Receive a release agreement from the school from which you are transferring.

Since the twins were on full rides, they obviously received financial aid. Bummer. Man, the NCAA sure likes to complicate everything.
                      Source: http://www.ncaapublications.com/prod...ONLINE2014.pdf

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                        It appears this is correct. Here is what I found under the 2014-15 rules:

One-time transfer exception — You may be immediately able to play a sport at your new school if you:
                        ■ Do not transfer to a Division I school for baseball, men's or women's basketball, football or men’s ice hockey (unless you were not recruited by the original institution and have never received athletically related financial aid);
                        ■ Have never transferred before from a four-year school;
                        ■ Are both academically and athletically eligible; and
                        ■ Receive a release agreement from the school from which you are transferring.

Since the twins were on full rides, they obviously received financial aid. Bummer. Man, the NCAA sure likes to complicate everything.
                        Source: http://www.ncaapublications.com/prod...ONLINE2014.pdf
                        Is it correct that the coach can change the scholarship money at his sole discretion?
                        As an example: offer a guy a full ride and at the end of the semester cut it to a 1/4 scholarship....or books only....or????
                        Just wondering how scholarships work????

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                          Is it correct that the coach can change the scholarship money at his sole discretion?
                          As an example: offer a guy a full ride and at the end of the semester cut it to a 1/4 scholarship....or books only....or????
                          I have heard this is true. I believe players have to continue to "earn" their scholarships, but don't quote me.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                            I have been told by more than one coach at UAH (and we had a revolving door there for a while) that they can change. However, doing that regularly harms your ability to get and keep recruits given the threat of juniors. You can screw kids in NCAAAFB and NCAAMBB because, well, where are they going to go?

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Traditionally, scholarships are year-to-year and have to be renewed every year. Teams recently gained had the opportunity to start offering multi-year guaranteed scholarships, but schools don't go out of their way to advertise that possibility exists so most kids don't know to ask for one and in college hockey, most kids don't have the leverage to get offered a multi-year scholarship from a school.

Comment

So the Aces didn't make the playoffs either. I blame the new scoreboard...
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X