Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    Why would you even be asking the questions?
    The questions are being asked hoping to find out what players will be on the team for the second half of the season.
    It is not unusual for guys to leave a team at the Christmas break for any number of reasons and I seem to recall a new guy was coming in after the break.
    The way your question is worded leaves me with the feeling you are offended that I am curious about our team makeup.
    If that is the case please accept my apology as I didn't mean to offend you or anyone else.
    Last edited by thepuckluck; 01-04-2016, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thepuckluck View Post
      The questions are being asked hoping to find out what players will be on the team for the second half of the season.
      It is not unusual for guys to leave a team at the Christmas break for any number of reasons and I seem to recall a new guy was coming in after the break.
      The way your question is worded leaves me with the feeling you are offended that I am curious about our team makeup.
      If that is the case please accept my apology as I didn't mean to offend you or anyone else.
      There is a new player coming in to replace McColgan who left the team earlier due to health concerns (concussions are what I was told). I have not heard of any players leaving the team. And as Alaska Hockey stated, yes we are supposed to have the new Swedish player coming in to replace Luke. I guess we will just all have to wait and see who plays this weekend. Discussing it here really isn't appropriate, IMO.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

...Discussing it here really isn't appropriate, IMO.
        lol.

Wow. thepuckluck askes three reasonable and harmless questions and you guys turn him red and get in his/her face. Nice job. BTW thepuckluck, welcome to the forum.

You're going to have to make some sarcastic or nasty comment about UAF if you hope to get back in good graces with your fan base. Hopefully it is creative and funny, and not too convoluted, it would be a nice change of pace.

Go Nooks!

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
          lol.

Wow. thepuckluck askes three reasonable and harmless questions and you guys turn him red and get in his/her face. Nice job. BTW thepuckluck, welcome to the forum.
          I didn't turn him red. Maybe you, Uncle Square, Ice Angel or UAFHockeyFan314 did, (the _airbanks 4) I don't know. But I can tell you he's a long ways from being Birdman.

BTW I answered his questions best I could with my no insider information.

You're going to have to make some sarcastic or nasty comment about UAF if you hope to get back in good graces with your fan base. Hopefully it is creative and funny, and not too convoluted, it would be a nice change of pace.

Go Nooks!
          And you don’t have to use a cudgel on the villagers up north, it ain't that hard. Their creative brain trust came up with “UAA sucks” But in their eyes …. That was a game changer.
          Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 01-05-2016, 01:26 PM.
          Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

lol.

Go Nooks!
            Are you insinuating that Alaska Hockey's posts are convoluted?
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Coaches Show with Matt Thomas and voice of the Seawolves David Tuttle this Thursday 6pm at the Varsity Sports Grill in the Alaska Airlines Center. It'll be interesting to hear what Coach has to say about the Christmas break and what's in store for the team in the second half of the season.
              Anyone know which player will be attending? Or if Bemidji coach Tom Serratore will be there?
              I do know that one of the door prizes will be a game worn jersey #3 Derek Docken.
              Program usually runs just over 1 hour and is informative and entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                Coaches Show with Matt Thomas and voice of the Seawolves David Tuttle this Thursday 6pm at the Varsity Sports Grill in the Alaska Airlines Center. It'll be interesting to hear what Coach has to say about the Christmas break and what's in store for the team in the second half of the season.
                Anyone know which player will be attending? Or if Bemidji coach Tom Serratore will be there?
                I do know that one of the door prizes will be a game worn jersey #3 Derek Docken.
                Program usually runs just over 1 hour and is informative and entertaining.
                Amazing they are giving away a jersey each time. Are they going to be having any jersey auctions this season? Can't recall the last time they did that.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                  Yes, they are. They like to take long travel on breaks when they can have it save them money (long bus to UAH over Thanksgiving week, for example).

GFM
                  BSU flew to UAH (via Atlanta)
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    BSU flew to UAH (via Atlanta)
                    Really? That makes no sense.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Amazing they are giving away a jersey each time.
                      It's hard to beat having a good time, with great entertainment and a real good chance of winning a game worn jersey.

Comment

Originally posted by thepuckluck View Post
                        Thank you for the reply Alaska Hockey!
                        Does anyone have the answers?
                        You can show up with me and find out all the scoop at the coach's show. You can will ask those three and more Thursday night 6 pm.
                        Basketball double header that night, better get there early or plan on walking a long way for parking and find no seat at the show.
                        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                          You can show up with me and find out all the scoop at the coach's show. You can will ask those three and more Thursday night 6 pm.
                          Basketball double header that night, better get there early or plan on walking a long way for parking and find no seat at the show.
                          I'm planning on coming to the thing tomorrow night.
                          How do I hook up with you?

Comment

If ya'll haven't read Donald's blog recently you might want to visit. Sad news. Wishing him all the best.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

If ya'll haven't read Donald's blog recently you might want to visit. Sad news. Wishing him all the best.
                              That's really sad indeed. I hope that he can be healed.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

UAA's newest recruit is Tomi Hiekkavirta, from Finland. He's a 5' 11" defenseman. I also just saw on Twitter that Jan. 9 is Military Appreciation Day! Military service w/ID & their family get in free. First I have heard of it. I wonder how well it is being promoted?
                                Last edited by Suze; 01-07-2016, 12:10 AM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X