Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

The Aces are having attendance problems, heard Bob on KWHL this morning talking about promos to get more people in the door. I have no beef and like the Aces, but that is just really sad. They got soo good, for soo long and look at their attendance numbers after an off year and bad start this season. Anchorage is a fair weather sports city.
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

IF any of you are in Huntsville and want to have lunch on Saturday, let me know.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
        To be honest, just some positive things to take from WCHA play would make me happy. How about we score like say 4 goals a game? If we lost
        5-4 or 6-4 or whatever, scoring would be encouraging. We can't average 2 goals a game and expect to finish higher than 8, 9, or 10. Oh well "Dim the lights here we go."
        There has only been one team in the past three seasons to average four goals per game for an entire season.
        Originally posted by dicaslover
        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
          The Aces are having attendance problems, heard Bob on KWHL this morning talking about promos to get more people in the door. I have no beef and like the Aces, but that is just really sad. They got soo good, for soo long and look at their attendance numbers after an off year and bad start this season. Anchorage is a fair weather sports city.
          Given the massive changes going on in minor league hockey methinks the Aces are not long for this world anyway.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
            There has only been one team in the past three seasons to average four goals per game for an entire season.
            Who was it?
            Scoring wasn't one of our strong points last year.
            If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              Given the massive changes going on in minor league hockey methinks the Aces are not long for this world anyway.
              I've read that it takes between 2.5 million to 3.5 million a year to run an ECHL team. Being in Alaska, I'd say it would have to be on the high side. I just don't see how the Aces are doing it by having a half full (and less) arena ... and offering $10 promo tickets (through Fred Meyer rewards). I heard they were going to even be having Massage Envy at the games, for people to get a massage before and after the games. Hmmm. That seems really, really strange to me. They must have a LOT of sponsors.

On another note, congrats to Mantha for another award ... WCHA defensive POTW.
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                On another note, congrats to Mantha for another award ... WCHA defensive POTW.
                Well-deserved.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  I heard they were going to even be having Massage Envy at the games, for people to get a massage before and after the games. Hmmm. That seems really, really strange to me. They must have a LOT of sponsors.
                  I'll finally go to an Aces game?

Desperate times call for desperate measures.
                  Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                    I've read that it takes between 2.5 million to 3.5 million a year to run an ECHL team. Being in Alaska, I'd say it would have to be on the high side. I just don't see how the Aces are doing it by having a half full (and less) arena ... and offering $10 promo tickets (through Fred Meyer rewards). I heard they were going to even be having Massage Envy at the games, for people to get a massage before and after the games. Hmmm. That seems really, really strange to me. They must have a LOT of sponsors.
                    The Aces give away a lot of tickets, most of them through, yes, sponsors. With a little effort, it's not difficult to get tickets. It's the tried and true model of "get em in the seats and sell them overpriced beer."

The thing now is they lost nearly every team in their division so travel costs will go up, and there's basically zero expansion opportunity nearby. Plus, it's just going to be harder and harder for them to find an affiliate, which means they're going to suck.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                      I'll finally go to an Aces game?
                      Not me!
                      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

UA_ will be on TSN against UAH, no Seawolves games

http://collegehockeyinc.com/articles...ey-returns-tsn

Meanwhile Wisco is on three times and CC is on once, smh.

Comment

That's 3 goals in the last 3 games. We need to find the offense again...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

I will say, now that I have time, they haven't played badly. It seems they're in a slump offensively but they're in the games, not getting blown out. So it's positive improvement over last season.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Well, I spoke too soon.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                Well, I spoke too soon.
                                I had issues with stretch ... no video of first two goals. What was up with the goalie rotation? Did Mantha start or not?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X