PDA

View Full Version : UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33

blackswampboy
01-24-2016, 01:56 PM
BG has no commercial radio broadcast for hockey and the radio team is only a notch above the student level. One or both might be students; I don't know the arrangement. There's lots of turnover so the guys don't build up a lot of background on the team or league.

BGSU always uses student broadcasters. Some years are better than others...but it kinda makes sense for the School of Media & Communication.

returning you to Seawolf coverage...

BGFan
01-25-2016, 07:33 AM
BGSU always uses student broadcasters. Some years are better than others...but it kinda makes sense for the School of Media & Communication.

returning you to Seawolf coverage...
If the name Steve Mears, who covers NHL hockey means anything to you, he came through that same program and got his start calling BGSU hockey games.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Mears

Doc Emrick may ring a few bells, too.

Yeah, they can be a little rough around the edges at times, but the experience is invaluable.

Suze
01-25-2016, 10:18 PM
If the name Steve Mears, who covers NHL hockey means anything to you, he came through that same program and got his start calling BGSU hockey games.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Mears

Doc Emrick may ring a few bells, too.

Yeah, they can be a little rough around the edges at times, but the experience is invaluable.

Doc is my all time favorite!! LOVE him!!

Seawolf Fan
01-26-2016, 01:11 PM
Coaches Corner this Thursday 6pm at the Varsity Sports Grill in the Alaska Airlines Center .
Voice of the Seawolves David Tuttle will emcee the one hour program featuring Coach Matt Thomas and player Connor Wright.
No word yet on whether Chargers Coach Mike Corbett will be there.
Among the door prizes will be a game worn #13 Quinn Sproule jersey.
It will be a lively and informative event.
It's also UAA mens basketball that evening so reservations are encouraged. Reservations can be phoned in 11am to 9pm at 786-7835,
made online at www.opentable.com/Anchorage or on the Open Table phone app.
See you there!

Alaska Hockey
01-27-2016, 12:34 PM
Coaches Corner this Thursday 6pm at the Varsity Sports Grill in the Alaska Airlines Center .
Voice of the Seawolves David Tuttle will emcee the one hour program featuring Coach Matt Thomas and player Connor Wright.
No word yet on whether Chargers Coach Mike Corbett will be there.
Among the door prizes will be a game worn #13 Quinn Sproule jersey.
It will be a lively and informative event.
It's also UAA mens basketball that evening so reservations are encouraged. Reservations can be phoned in 11am to 9pm at 786-7835,
made online at www.opentable.com/Anchorage or on the Open Table phone app.
See you there!

Get your reservation now as Men's Basketball starts at 7pm and it will fill up.

Seawolf Fan
01-28-2016, 02:23 PM
Coach's Corner this evening 6pm at Varsity Sports grill
See you there

AKSWF
01-28-2016, 03:04 PM
Weekend thread: http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?114708-UAH-vs-UAA-fighting-for-playoffs
College Hockey = CFB?: http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?114707-College-Hockey-conferences-are-what-CFB-conference

gfmorris
01-29-2016, 05:23 AM
Please show us some "northern hospitality" and let us come away with 4. ;)

GFM

Seawolf Fan
02-02-2016, 08:27 PM
Anyone have the info on Marva for the Lukku?

Suze
02-02-2016, 09:51 PM
Anyone have the info on Marva for the Lukku?

Not any more than what can be found online. Another Finn! His stats are 6 goals and 15 assists in 30 games. He's a +2. Sounds like a solid defenseman.

Seawolf Fan
02-03-2016, 04:51 PM
Not any more than what can be found online. Another Finn! His stats are 6 goals and 15 assists in 30 games. He's a +2. Sounds like a solid defenseman.
Sounds like real solid defenseman numbers.
Bring those type numbers to college and I'd call him a stud.

kamariek
02-03-2016, 10:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0tjLDGhQlMriBVz8egKu_A/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

This is the UAA Seawolves YouTube channel. Has a mix of sports but also has those "Meet the Seawolves" that they show during the home games. And highlights of Saturday's goals for the UAH game.

Suze
02-06-2016, 05:12 PM
Wow. I watched the game last night, and their attendance actually looked worse than UAA's. That place was empty. I hope we see D'Amico tonight. Mantha isn't/hasn't stolen any games for us in a long time. I also hope we see Williams back in the lineup. His blunder last Friday night was as much Mantha's fault as it was his, IMO.

Seawolf Fan
02-06-2016, 06:53 PM
I hope we see D'Amico tonight. I also hope we see Williams back in the lineup.
Looks like you're at .500 on your hopes. If they keep running Mantha like they did in the first I'm afraid your hopes will get to 1000.
At this point we both probably hope you stay at .500.

Update: Suze, you're batting 1000 on your hopes.

2nd update: Thanks to Tach and Duwe we're back in it.

Seawolf Fan
02-07-2016, 12:12 PM
We were down to the point perhaps some people wrote the game off.
With these guys those folks would be wrong.
Exciting finish.
Not the final outcome we wanted but this team has some great fight in them.

Suze
02-07-2016, 06:40 PM
We were down to the point perhaps some people wrote the game off.
With these guys those folks would be wrong.
Exciting finish.
Not the final outcome we wanted but this team has some great fight in them.

It was great to see them rally and not give up, they just ran out of time. I was shocked that the clock continued to count down for FOUR seconds after the ref blew the whistle for icing. I wonder why the UAA bench didn't say anything about that? Odd that the refs didn't notice it as well.

The guys have two weeks off until they play again, hopefully some of the injured guys will be back (thinking Erb-Eckholm has to be ready by then, he'll have been out for 10 weeks by then). I also hope we get Mitchell back, his being in the line up is essential, IMO.

Seawolf Fan
02-16-2016, 10:18 AM
You're invited to the Coaches Corner: Feb. 18, at 6 p.m. in the Varsity Sports Grill in the Alaska Airlines Center. The event will feature UAA head coach Matt Thomas, senior Blake Leask and host Voice of the Seawolves David Tuttle.
The show usually lasts about an hour and is entertaining and informative.
The visiting coach often attends and gives us the lowdown on his team.
With his history with the Seawolves and his local connections we're hoping Damon will be there.
One of the door prizes will be a game worn jersey.
Reserve your seat at OpenTable or just show up and we'll fit you in.

Seawolf Fan
02-18-2016, 08:07 AM
Just a reminder Coaches Corner this evening 6pm at the Varsity Sports Grill.

Seawolf Fan
02-19-2016, 12:08 AM
Congratulations to the WCHA Scholar-Athlete Award recipients for 2015-16.
Seniors Blake Leask (Edmonton, Alberta), Austin Sevalrud (Calgary, Alberta) and Blake Tatchell (North Battleford, Sask.) and sophomores Tad Kozun (Nipawin, Sask.) and Olivier Mantha (La Tuque, Quebec).
The guys bring it on the ice and in the classroom.
It's a great day to be a Seawolf!

Suze
02-19-2016, 12:53 AM
Congratulations to the WCHA Scholar-Athlete Award recipients for 2015-16.
Seniors Blake Leask (Edmonton, Alberta), Austin Sevalrud (Calgary, Alberta) and Blake Tatchell (North Battleford, Sask.) and sophomores Tad Kozun (Nipawin, Sask.) and Olivier Mantha (La Tuque, Quebec).
The guys bring it on the ice and in the classroom.
It's a great day to be a Seawolf!

Congratulations guys! What a great accomplishment.