PDA

View Full Version : UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Seawolf Fan
12-05-2015, 12:03 AM
MacTavish (twice) and Kosun score for a big road win.
The guys stayed out of the box and it made a difference.
It's a great day to be a Seawolf!

Suze
12-05-2015, 12:52 AM
MacTavish (twice) and Kosun score for a big road win.
The guys stayed out of the box and it made a difference.
It's a great day to be a Seawolf!

I thought Sean played a great game. I could name a few guys who really stepped up their game ... good to see, but lets do it again tomorrow. The standings are so deceiving right now, I think most of the teams ahead of UAA have played at least 2 more games. Need the points.

Jimjamesak
12-05-2015, 02:12 AM
Shout out to the Womens Volleyball team for winning tonight. Went to that match tonight. Wish the hockey community could embrace the hockey team like the volleyball community has the volleyball.

(It would help if the area produced good hockey players but, frankly, the level of hockey has fallen off a cliff)

Seawolf Fan
12-05-2015, 08:46 PM
What a great Seawolf weekend!
The guys played MUCH better today than yesterday.
27 SOG....A good number
Didn't get down when behind early
Forecheck was outstanding
Scoring coming from the whole team
4 WCHA points
Just a real great weekend against a real good team
It's a GREAT day to be a Seawolf!!!!

LSSULaker889294
12-05-2015, 09:09 PM
Congratulations UAA fans on the huge (and stunning) sweep of Tech in their barn.

Alaska Hockey
12-05-2015, 09:30 PM
Congratulations UAA fans on the huge (and stunning) sweep of Tech in their barn.

a big win for the Seawolves 'keepin the foil on all weekend"
next victum........the Dump bears.

manurespreader
12-05-2015, 11:09 PM
What a great Seawolf weekend!
The guys played MUCH better today than yesterday.
27 SOG....A good number
Didn't get down when behind early
Forecheck was outstanding
Scoring coming from the whole team
4 WCHA points
Just a real great weekend against a real good team
It's a GREAT day to be a Seawolf!!!!
One mistake. we are not a real good team, but otherwise accurate.

Shipe Family
12-05-2015, 11:44 PM
Sweep! A big congrats to the team and coaches.

Jimjamesak
12-13-2015, 01:31 AM
Welp we ended with a giant thud.

3rd period both nights there was a clear difference between the two teams, UAF was up standing on their bench while UAA just sat still. No fire, no passion, no care. And now, barring a miracle sweep in Fairbanks, we're staring at 7 years in a row.

We've gotta simplify the offense. Too cute and too one dimensional. Both goals this weekend we're lucky, one penalty shot and one that just leaked through. Mantha bailed them again.

Suze
12-13-2015, 01:35 AM
Welp we ended with a giant thud.

3rd period both nights there was a clear difference between the two teams, UAF was up standing on their bench while UAA just sat still. No fire, no passion, no care. And now, barring a miracle sweep in Fairbanks, we're staring at 7 years in a row.

We've gotta simplify the offense. Too cute and too one dimensional. Both goals this weekend we're lucky, one penalty shot and one that just leaked through. Mantha bailed them again.

They need to attend a seminar in face offs. And power plays too, while they are at it. No excuse to have a 5 minute power play to end the game, and come up short. The way they started the first period, I was sure they had it in them to get the win, but the longer the game went on the worse they played. I just don't get it. Down in Houghton, they came from behind in the 3rd period both nights to sweep Tech, their third periods were MUCH better than what we saw this weekend. Pretty disappointing for the fans. Aces suck, this is the year to win back some fans by winning games at HOME. We talked two people into coming tonight who had never been to a UAA game before, sure would have been nice to get the win. Ahhhhh.

Hal9K
12-13-2015, 01:40 AM
Personally I think we're bad on Olympic ice period.
What's our power play for the weekend? 0-150?
We had dead legs both nights.

Suze
12-13-2015, 01:41 AM

What size ice does Tech have?

Hal9K
12-13-2015, 01:44 AM
What size ice does Tech have?

Not sure
Just checked 200x85

Jimjamesak
12-13-2015, 01:59 AM
Fitness and speed have been major issues all season. And our PP has been horrendous all season. It needs a complete overhaul during the break. They're trying to be cute and pass around with guys that can't pass worth a ****.

Hal9K
12-22-2015, 09:55 AM
Wut up people? Merry Christmas. Happy holidays!

Jimjamesak
12-22-2015, 04:40 PM
Former UAA Goalie Kevin Reiter is an Assistant for the US World Junior Team (http://worldjuniors.usahockey.com/page/show/1266437-kevin-reiter-assistant-coach).

AKSWF
12-23-2015, 04:24 AM
Former UAA Goalie Kevin Reiter is an Assistant for the US World Junior Team (http://worldjuniors.usahockey.com/page/show/1266437-kevin-reiter-assistant-coach).

Tis a link, for anyone else wondering. I checked merely on a whim since there was no link visible.

AKSWF
12-23-2015, 04:28 AM
Wut up people? Merry Christmas. Happy holidays!

Indeed, if it does snow on Christmas it would be like what the third day of snow fall for Anchorage? Crazy times indeed.

thepuckluck
01-03-2016, 02:13 PM
Wondering if all the guys will be back after the break?
Anyone turn up academically ineligible?
Wasn't some new guy supposed to come in now?

Alaska Hockey
01-03-2016, 03:54 PM
Wondering if all the guys will be back after the break?
Will find out when classes start

Anyone turn up academically ineligible?
I think they are smarter than the _airbanks 19

Wasn't some new guy supposed to come in now?
Yes when classes start