Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

Originally posted by ninelives View Post
    has anyone heard if Sean MacTavish is in town? I think I read that they are supposed to be in town this week. Just curious, he has not been added to the roster.
    Doyles last article said players were arriving on campus today.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      Doyles last article said players were arriving on campus today.
      I think the new players arriving on campus will be excited to see the AAC, the new WFSC and when the Sullivan is completed, they will be excited to see the arena. Really, the only other thing to be completed is the locker room at the Sullivan. I think that would cap off our facilities requirements until a new Arena could be built on campus for hockey. Other than that, our facilities rival any in the WCHA or other leagues for that matter.

Would you all agree?

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
        I think the new players arriving on campus will be excited to see the AAC, the new WFSC and when the Sullivan is completed, they will be excited to see the arena. Really, the only other thing to be completed is the locker room at the Sullivan. I think that would cap off our facilities requirements until a new Arena could be built on campus for hockey. Other than that, our facilities rival any in the WCHA or other leagues for that matter.

Would you all agree?
        No, not at all. The reno at the Farg should make it on par with other schools facilities, but the Sully still won't be. I would still love to see box seating and a special booth for the play by play and color analyst.
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

has anyone heard if Sean MacTavish is in town? I think I read that they are supposed to be in town this week. Just curious, he has not been added to the roster.
          The next signing period for the National Letter of Intent is November 11, 2015 to November 18, 2015. Can a player play without having the NLI signed?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

The next signing period for the National Letter of Intent is November 11, 2015 to November 18, 2015. Can a player play without having the NLI signed?
            From the National Letter of intent website "The NLI is a binding agreement between a prospective student-athlete and an NLI member institution

A prospective student-athlete agrees to attend the institution full-time for one academic year (two semesters or three quarters).
            The institution agrees to provide athletics financial aid for one academic year (two semesters or three quarters)."

College Hockey, INC says that a NLI is not required to play. So that is what I found out........
            GO SEAWOLVES!!

Comment

From the National Letter of intent website "The NLI is a binding agreement between a prospective student-athlete and an NLI member institution

A prospective student-athlete agrees to attend the institution full-time for one academic year (two semesters or three quarters).
              The institution agrees to provide athletics financial aid for one academic year (two semesters or three quarters)."

College Hockey, INC says that a NLI is not required to play. So that is what I found out........
              It's probably not required if the player isn't on scholly ... otherwise I think it is required. But what do I know!?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

It's probably not required if the player isn't on scholly ... otherwise I think it is required. But what do I know!?
                The NLI is just a process for recruiting. Lots of scholarship D-1 hockey players never sign NLIs.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                  The NLI is just a process for recruiting. Lots of scholarship D-1 hockey players never sign NLIs.
                  Okay, that settles that! Thank you.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Suze, it looks like the next big news was in Basketball. UAA hired a firm to handle the GCI G.A.S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                      Suze, it looks like the next big news was in Basketball. UAA hired a firm to handle the GCI G.A.S.
                      But my email from Hackett read: "We also have a pair of very big announcements related to Seawolf Hockey that will come in the next few weeks so stay tuned".

As far as Mactavish is concerned, I am sure UAA is dotting all their i's and crossing all their t's. Chris Heisenberg's site says he committed on July 30, so that isn't very long ago. The elite prospects site lists him coming to UAA (http://www.eliteprospects.com/player...medium=twitter), and Hockey Transfers @ Elite Transfers tweeted "Sean MacTavish (F) from Lincoln Stars to Univ. of Alaska-Anchorage".
                      Last edited by Suze; 08-20-2015, 01:28 AM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

But my email from Hackett read: "We also have a pair of very big announcements related to Seawolf Hockey that will come in the next few weeks so stay tuned".

As far as Mactavish is concerned, I am sure UAA is dotting all their i's and crossing all their t's. Chris Heisenberg's site says he committed on July 30, so that isn't very long ago. The elite prospects site lists him coming to UAA (http://www.eliteprospects.com/player...medium=twitter), and Hockey Transfers @ Elite Transfers tweeted "Sean MacTavish (F) from Lincoln Stars to Univ. of Alaska-Anchorage".
                        Maybe a new design concepts for a on campus hockey arena????? lol. Prolly just the Sully Renovations and maybe the on campus locker rooms.

Comment

The reno at the Farg should make it on par with other schools facilities, but the Sully still won't be.
                          Hey Suze~

I was driving down Lake Otis towards S. Anchorage last night and it was so sunny (9pm-ish) and the mountains looked incredible... so I decided to turn onto University Drive and check out that new arch (pedestrian bridge) that crosses over just past Seawolf Drive. BTW, it's pretty neat looking now that it's just about done. I like how they designed it so that it doesn't obstruct the mountains at all.

Then I did a looptie-loop and figured I'd go check out the Wells Fargo. Walking up, I noticed they haven't started doing anything to the outdoor area of the daycare center yet. Several pieces of playground equipment are still there, but I don't know what they plan for that area and maybe it's a long term project?

I stopped to admire the seriously overloaded crabapple trees at the front door area, then noticed a "Closed until Thursday, August 20" sign at the entry. It was Wednesday night... but the doors were unlocked, so I went in.

I figured if one of the UAA cops showed up, I'd blame it on DD somehow. Tell them he sent me over there for a scoop or something..

Wow. The place is still in shambles! The ice arena is torn down to the foundation and there are building supplies EVERYWHERE. Someone from Transportation told me that everyone with offices in there were over at the Alaska Airlines Center and I can see why.. There are building materials from one end of the place to the other!

The staircase that goes down to the locker rooms and fitness centers is blocked off by a massive wood barrier and it's impossible to see what they're doing down there. I was hoping they had started to do something with that concrete flooring upstairs, but not yet.

I sure don't know what time schedule they have, but right now.. they have a LOT of work to do!

If anyone is planning to go to Campus Kickoff Saturday, check out the garden in front of Rasmussen Hall! What a STELLAR job!! If I knew how to add pictures on here, I'd include one, but.. O'well.. Also, that metal sculpture as you enter the Wells Fargo Center's parking area.. I knew it had lights on it, but is the fountain on it new? If it's not, I guess I never noticed it before.. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post
                            Hey Suze~

I was driving down Lake Otis towards S. Anchorage last night and it was so sunny (9pm-ish) and the mountains looked incredible... so I decided to turn onto University Drive and check out that new arch (pedestrian bridge) that crosses over just past Seawolf Drive. BTW, it's pretty neat looking now that it's just about done. I like how they designed it so that it doesn't obstruct the mountains at all.

Then I did a looptie-loop and figured I'd go check out the Wells Fargo. Walking up, I noticed they haven't started doing anything to the outdoor area of the daycare center yet. Several pieces of playground equipment are still there, but I don't know what they plan for that area and maybe it's a long term project?

I stopped to admire the seriously overloaded crabapple trees at the front door area, then noticed a "Closed until Thursday, August 20" sign at the entry. It was Wednesday night... but the doors were unlocked, so I went in.

I figured if one of the UAA cops showed up, I'd blame it on DD somehow. Tell them he sent me over there for a scoop or something..

Wow. The place is still in shambles! The ice arena is torn down to the foundation and there are building supplies EVERYWHERE. Someone from Transportation told me that everyone with offices in there were over at the Alaska Airlines Center and I can see why.. There are building materials from one end of the place to the other!

The staircase that goes down to the locker rooms and fitness centers is blocked off by a massive wood barrier and it's impossible to see what they're doing down there. I was hoping they had started to do something with that concrete flooring upstairs, but not yet.

I sure don't know what time schedule they have, but right now.. they have a LOT of work to do!

If anyone is planning to go to Campus Kickoff Saturday, check out the garden in front of Rasmussen Hall! What a STELLAR job!! If I knew how to add pictures on here, I'd include one, but.. O'well.. Also, that metal sculpture as you enter the Wells Fargo Center's parking area.. I knew it had lights on it, but is the fountain on it new? If it's not, I guess I never noticed it before.. LOL.
                            Hey there AlaskaRox! That's too bad that there hasn't been more done on the Farg, but the note from Hackett said to check it out when they have the Green & Gold game, so they better get a move on!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post

I love ice cream.

Comment

So where will the team be practicing, at least their Captain's practices?

For those of you who do Facebook, there are some good pics of the Farg that were posted today:
                                https://www.facebook.com/Alaska.Anch...wolves?fref=ts
                                Last edited by Suze; 08-21-2015, 12:53 AM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X