PDA

View Full Version : UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Jimjamesak
09-21-2015, 06:29 PM
Earl Scheib paint job at it's best
Still better than gray! :D

Hal9K
09-22-2015, 09:55 AM
Picked to finish 9th! Alrighty then, no where to go but up.

Alaska Hockey
09-23-2015, 12:46 PM
update from Keith Hackett

Hockey
Ticket pick-up for season ticket holders will begin on Tuesday, September 29th at the Alaska Airlines Center, Monday through Friday from 10am-4pm. Just drop by the Terry Ann Homan Box Office to pick up your season tickets and parking passes.

Sullivan Seating Update
We visited the Sullivan Arena last Friday, September 18th and the seating installation is going very well. They still have some work to do but we are encouraged by the progress. If there is a “glitch” in the final touches of the remodel we will make sure we communicate that information to you via email as soon as we know something. I think you will like what you see when you walk into the Sullivan Arena.

Exhibition Hockey in Soldotna
Tickets are available at the Terry Ann Homan Box Office right now! There is a limited number of tickets for the game, and it will sell out, so before you head South make sure you get your tickets at the Alaska Airlines Center. The game will be played on Friday night, October 2nd.

Green and Gold Hockey
Plan on attending the annual Green and Gold Scrimmage on Sunday afternoon, October 4th at the newly renovated Wells Fargo Sports Center. The afternoon will feature tours of the Brush Christiansen Hockey Center (3pm-3:45pm and 5pm-6pm), the Green and Gold Scrimmage (4pm-5pm) and a Skate with the Seawolves for the youngest Seawolf Hockey fans (5pm-6pm).

Check the Goseawolves.com website for more details.

uaafanblog
09-23-2015, 05:47 PM
Who's going to soldotna to watch the game?

Alaska Hockey
09-23-2015, 06:16 PM
Who's going to soldotna to watch the game?

I can not make the trip.

Suze
09-24-2015, 12:23 AM
Posted on the goseawolves.com website:

Alaska Anchorage Athletic Director Keith Hackett announced Wednesday that fans will have multiple ways to consume Seawolf Hockey for the upcoming 2015-16 slate – including live coverage of all home games and a free audio stream for every contest.

In conjunction with Alaska cable leader GCI, all 18 Seawolf hockey home games will be televised live, statewide on GCI Cable Channel 1 (SD) and 999 in HD. Additionally, all four games of the 25th annual Kendall Hockey Classic will also air live on GCI.

Calling all of the action on GCI will be UAA’s new ‘Voice of the Seawolves’, David Tuttle, who will provide the play-by-play for all UAA games – home and away. Tuttle, who was the Seawolves’ color analyst for 11 years, will stream audio for free via Stretch Internet, the official online streaming provider for WCHA.tv.

The site is mobile friendly, allowing for fans to listen to the games on the go.

Meanwhile, Seawolf fans outside of Alaska will receive an enhanced, user-friendly and interactive online viewing experience, thanks to the WCHA’s new partnership with Stretch Internet. Fans can now purchase league-wide season passes ($129.99), single-team season passes ($89.99) or postseason passes ($29.99). A single-night pass for the conference is $9.99, while a single-night pass for a single-team is $7.99. Half-season passes are also available.

With regards to a radio broadcast, the Seawolves don’t have a partnership lined up for the upcoming season, but are optimistic for the future.

“We will continue to look for a radio partner with the assistance of our new partner in Learfield Sports,” said Hackett. “In the meantime, we are excited about the global reach our audio will have with Stretch Internet.”

In addition to game broadcasts, fans can head over to the Varsity Sports Grill in the Alaska Airlines Center, Thursday’s prior to a home series for the ‘Coaches Corner’, featuring head coach Matt Thomas. Tuttle will host the show, which will include road recaps, practice reports and a sneak peak of the upcoming series. Fans can also enjoy weekly updates on Seawolf Hockey by tuning into KGOT 101.3 FM, Wednesday mornings prior to a home series., as Casey B and Malie D catch up with Thomas.

While it's nice that the home games will be aired, they are LIVE. Doesn't seem like a smart move when they are already fighting with the Aces for fans. Why attend when you can stay home and watch it for free? Hmmmmm.

Hal9K
09-24-2015, 12:56 AM
Suze it's apparent that people are not attending no matter the circumstance. Airing the games live in my opinion (just me) will have no effect at all on attendance.

Alaska Hockey
09-24-2015, 01:27 AM
Posted on the goseawolves.com website:

While it's nice that the home games will be aired, they are LIVE. Doesn't seem like a smart move when they are already fighting with the Aces for fans. Why attend when you can stay home and watch it for free? Hmmmmm.

If like in the past..... You , Drop the Puck,UAA08,Seawolf Fan, Jimjamesak, Seawolfpunk,.kamariek, AlasakaRox, AKSWF, Hal9K, revfnb, ninelives, UAA Fan in Florida, Wolfman, Squarebanks, , myself, and Sarah Palin it will be tape delay at 11PM but mmf, Ice Angel,North Pole Dude, Treasure Island Queen, The F U Lady, GoNanooks, Methodical,Schlacker Rat, UAFHockeyFan314m Rms123, And their biggest Fan Chronic Drunk Guy will get to watch live, they always get's the best deal.

AKSWF
09-25-2015, 11:53 PM
Suze it's apparent that people are not attending no matter the circumstance. Airing the games live in my opinion (just me) will have no effect at all on attendance.

Hope not, sad to see the lower bowl not filled :mad:

AKSWF
09-25-2015, 11:54 PM
If like in the past..... You , Drop the Puck,UAA08,Seawolf Fan, Jimjamesak, Seawolfpunk,.kamariek, AlasakaRox, AKSWF, Hal9K, revfnb, ninelives, UAA Fan in Florida, Wolfman, Squarebanks, , myself, and Sarah Palin it will be tape delay at 11PM but mmf, Ice Angel,North Pole Dude, Treasure Island Queen, The F U Lady, GoNanooks, Methodical,Schlacker Rat, UAFHockeyFan314m Rms123, And their biggest Fan Chronic Drunk Guy will get to watch live, they always get's the best deal.

They get to watch us live, that is a privilege!

Alaska Hockey
09-26-2015, 02:11 AM
They get to watch us live, that is a privilege!

To most of them, it's similar to the travel channel. …. Wishing they were in attendance, but too insolvent to get there.

mmf
09-26-2015, 11:12 AM
Actually, it’s more like watching a looming train wreck. You know what’s coming but you can’t turn away. Live and in HD. Such a deal.

Hal9K
09-26-2015, 03:30 PM
actually, it’s more like watching a looming train wreck. You know what’s coming but you can’t turn away. Live and in hd. Such a deal.

lol!

Jimjamesak
09-26-2015, 04:57 PM
Actually, it’s more like watching a looming train wreck. You know what’s coming but you can’t turn away. Live and in HD. Such a deal.
Well, if this season is anything like last season, that's an adequate description.

Suze
09-26-2015, 06:07 PM

I didn't have any issues turning away when GCI allowed me to watch UAA sweep the Nanooks in Fairbanks last season. It was quite enjoyable. ;)

AKSWF
09-29-2015, 06:46 PM
C: D Austin Sevalrud
A's: F Blake Tatchell, D Chris Williams, & F Matt Anholt

Nothing too shocking. Link (https://twitter.com/UAAHockey)

AKSWF
09-29-2015, 06:50 PM
Also, another meet & greet this time in Soldotna. Link (https://twitter.com/UAAHockey/status/648671995161243649)

AKSWF
09-29-2015, 10:28 PM
Did Varsity Sports Grill show away games last season? I just learned the Crossbar closed :eek:

Alaska Hockey
09-29-2015, 11:41 PM
Did Varsity Sports Grill show away games last season? I just learned the Crossbar closed :eek:

They do, they did, and you should to go on a bender more than every other year so you know stuff like that. Also... you can observe all UAA home games live on GCI. My bad.

Suze
09-30-2015, 12:44 AM
Almost missed Woody's article in the ADN about the hockey upgrades. http://www.adn.com/article/20150929/swank-new-digs-uaa-hockey-and-team-seeking-makeover-too

Can't wait to see it before the Green & Gold game this weekend!