Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Our special teams in general are not good. Our Power Play is not good (14%) and our Penalty Kill is atrocious (79%). Line cohesion is the other major problem, Thomas has tried moving things around and nothing works. Like has been stated before, lack of leadership from players has been the biggest problem. How it gets fixed I don't know. And there's nothing incoming that indicates the problems will be solved.
    You have to understand. Almost no one gets that unbelievable recruit. What's important is balance, ability to grow, and willingness to do what it takes to get better. Heck, Mike Babcock was talking about how the wings have to get better or be left behind. So the question isn't if your recruits are the best ones, the question is, can your recruits be as good as anyone else's.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

UAA has a new recruit, added to Heisenberg's site three days ago:

http://bchl.ca/leagues/rosters_profi...layerID=851924

He is the team's captain this season. Bet he's a good leader, the Chief's are in first place!

Doyle has an article about next years recruits, but he doesn't mention Jake Larson. Larson is still listed as a UAA recruit on the Chilliwack website. Anyone know what's up? According to Twitter, sounds like he's still coming to UAA.

http://www.adn.com/article/20150226/...ts-next-season
      Last edited by Suze; 02-27-2015, 12:17 AM.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
        UAA has a new recruit, added to Heisenberg's site three days ago:

http://bchl.ca/leagues/rosters_profi...layerID=851924

He is the team's captain this season. Bet he's a good leader, the Chief's are in first place!

Doyle has an article about next years recruits...

http://www.adn.com/article/20150226/...ts-next-season
        Another today about the woes and long term strategy of Coach, from the lord and savior of all things hockey in AK

http://www.adn.com/article/20150226/...ild-uaa-hockey
        Back in AK for good... 7/13/05

Comment

so that's a 5 minute boarding and a game misconduct? Nice call from a ref 90 ft away. There's no way.
          If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
            so that's a 5 minute boarding and a game misconduct? Nice call from a ref 90 ft away. There's no way.
            Ref right on top of "too many men" and it wasn't even close, it was obvious, on BG and no call
            Then later Seawolfs marginal "too many men" and a very quick whistle.
            One thing in the ref's favor. They did let the guys play without calling it so close that they hampered the game that way.
            But there were many other very weak and no calls.
            Not making excuses. Just saying a very poorly called game.
            Loved the fan who hollered "Nice call ref...my aunt could call a better game than you....(pregnant pause)....and she's dead"
            Problem is the fan was right.

Comment

To be honest we need people that can pass the **** puck with accuracy.
              If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
                To be honest we need people that can pass the **** puck with accuracy.
                That's been the trouble this year, can't move the puck very well. The breakouts are pretty horrid.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                  Ref right on top of "too many men" and it wasn't even close, it was obvious, on BG and no call
                  Then later Seawolfs marginal "too many men" and a very quick whistle.
                  One thing in the ref's favor. They did let the guys play without calling it so close that they hampered the game that way.
                  But there were many other very weak and no calls.
                  Not making excuses. Just saying a very poorly called game.
                  Loved the fan who hollered "Nice call ref...my aunt could call a better game than you....(pregnant pause)....and she's dead"
                  Problem is the fan was right.
                  Is this the first time Kevin Hall has graced you with his presence? I've been wondering where he's been. We seem to have been stuck with Sergott for the last month. I can't believe these are the best officials that this league can find. While the officiating has never been something to brag about, the last four weeks have been absolutely brutal to watch. It's like they've forgotten what hockey is supposed to look like.

Comment

Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
                    Is this the first time Kevin Hall has graced you with his presence? I've been wondering where he's been. We seem to have been stuck with Sergott for the last month. I can't believe these are the best officials that this league can find. While the officiating has never been something to brag about, the last four weeks have been absolutely brutal to watch. It's like they've forgotten what hockey is supposed to look like.
                    You should have seen the no call on goalie interference before the game winning goal was scored. Thomas was HOT. Yeah, not impressed at all with their abilities.
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Welp, they have to win tonight or they're out of the playoffs.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I don't know what that was but...

SEAWOLVES WIN!!!
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          I don't know what that was but...

SEAWOLVES WIN!!!
                          That was an old fashioned butt kicking.
                          Just what the guys needed to get ready for the dump bears.
                          Hope you've got a lot of ammo for that cannon JJ.

Comment

That was an old fashioned butt kicking.
                            Just what the guys needed to get ready for the dump bears.
                            Hope you've got a lot of ammo for that cannon JJ.
                            What a complete game. They played like a TEAM. Passing was better, the power play clicked, they stayed out of the box, and they hustled all over the ice. Puck possession was heavily in the Seawolves favor. Mantha was solid, and 8 of the 9 goals scored on the weekend came from FRESHMEN! Congrats guys. Do that next weekend and you will bring home the Gov Cup! I am really liking that Tatchell, Cameron and Kozun line.

Editing this post. I thought Tuttle mentioned to Coach Thomas in the post game show that 8 of the 9 goals were scored by freshmen (maybe he said underclassmen?). I just tried to watch the replay of the interview on my recording but it was cut off so I couldn't watch it. Anyway, that is not correct info. Duwe (sophomore) scored two on Friday and Tatchell (senior) one. Hubbsy and Van Allen (sophomores) got goals Saturday ... and they have given Kozun's goal on Sat. to Tatchell after review...(they have now corrected it according to Dallas Baldwin). Azurdia (freshman) had 2 goals Sat., and Conti, also a freshman had a goal Sat. So the underclassmen are definitely making their mark!! I didn't mean to slight any of the goal scorers! Well done by all.
                            Last edited by Suze; 03-01-2015, 11:38 AM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                              What a complete game. They played like a TEAM. Passing was better, the power play clicked, they stayed out of the box, and they hustled all over the ice. Puck possession was heavily in the Seawolves favor. Mantha was solid, and 8 of the 9 goals scored on the weekend came from FRESHMEN! Congrats guys. Do that next weekend and you will bring home the Gov Cup! I am really liking that Tatchell, Cameron and Kozun line.
                              That Anholt line aint too shabby either.
                              Actually all 4 lines did pretty darn well.
                              That was a team effort.
                              Long time coming and it feels good.
                              Happy for the guys on a well deserved win!
                              It's a great day to be a Seawolf!

Comment

That Anholt line aint too shabby either.
                                Actually all 4 lines did pretty darn well.
                                That was a team effort.
                                Long time coming and it feels good.
                                Happy for the guys on a well deserved win!
                                It's a great day to be a Seawolf!
                                I hope coach keeps these lines together for the UA_ series next weekend. Something finally clicked. Man, I almost forgot what it felt like to win.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X