Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
    I wonder what made them change from Green to Red Wine?
    Above rafters are red? Aces probably really did not like the idea of one of our colors in the seating, though they did add green recently (which I did not like).
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
      Above rafters are red? Aces probably really did not like the idea of one of our colors in the seating, though they did add green recently (which I did not like).
      The issue is that UAA has been at the Sully the longest and is supposedly have priority of the arena. If that is the case, UAA green should have been the prevalent color of seats. At the end of the day, the Arena probably will look very nice and both teams will have some pride playing at the Sully. The other thing is that the red wine seats will be covered at the balcony anyway during UAA games so the grey seats will be shown. I just hope they aren't "light grey" and looks bad on TV. However, anything is better than that yellow! LOL.

Comment

UAA's incoming recruit Mason Mitchell is headed to the Sabres training camp next week. Here's a good article about him:

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/nhl-pr...ok-in-buffalo/
        Originally Posted by aparch
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Got an email today about the Meet & Greet with assistant coach Louis Mass.

http://www.goseawolves.com//ViewArti...CLID=210186891

Anyone planning on attending?
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

OK, this whole Idea that UAA will not pay the "Cost of Attendance" (COA) makes me sick! Alaska will lose in recruiting, shoot it is already hard enough to get good players to come. Again, UAA and the UA system should have been rich with oil money if they would have managed this thing correctly. I am sick and tired hearing the state has no money and the University staying status quo.

End rant.

Comment

Sean MacTavish to UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                Sweet. Looks like a great incoming class! Last season coach was frustrated because he had zero depth. That should not be the case this season.
                Last edited by Suze; 07-28-2015, 12:46 AM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Looks like David Tuttle is the new voice of the Seawolves! It will be hard to replace Kurt, lets see how David does!

Comment

Looks like David Tuttle is the new voice of the Seawolves! It will be hard to replace Kurt, lets see how David does!
                    It was the obvious choice. I have always been impressed with David's visual acuity. There is very little he misses!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Any guesses on which former UAA player might be the new color guy who works with with David Tuttle? There are plenty of alumni who have made Alaska their home.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

The concrete for the new floor at Sully is being poured today which means the new C02 system is ready to go. I'll try to arrange something in the next couple of weeks so I can give everyone a good update ... pics, video etc ...

Comment

The concrete for the new floor at Sully is being poured today which means the new C02 system is ready to go. I'll try to arrange something in the next couple of weeks so I can give everyone a good update ... pics, video etc ...
                          Someone may have mentioned this earlier, but did you guys go NHL size or stay Olympic?

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                            Someone may have mentioned this earlier, but did you guys go NHL size or stay Olympic?
                            We adhere to the International Ice Hockey Federation standard. 200 x 100.

Comment

We adhere to the International Ice Hockey Federation standard. 200 x 100.
                              I am still having a hard time with the color scheme of the Arena. I think adding a Dark Green and Dark Grey would have been way better. But oh well. When this is all done, it will still be a nice arena. Having Golden Gopher colors though is just plain rough.

Comment

I am still having a hard time with the color scheme of the Arena. I think adding a Dark Green and Dark Grey would have been way better. But oh well. When this is all done, it will still be a nice arena. Having Golden Gopher colors though is just plain rough.
                                I plan to withhold judgement until I see the place under full lighting. I hadn't made the Gophers connection mentally but I sure hope it doesn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X