Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    Anyone want to buy a brick?
    Want to halves on one with Ice Angle, mmf, and Squarebanks names on it, with a nice modest love note on it?
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
      Anyone want to buy a brick?
      Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
      Want to halves on one with Ice Angle, mmf, and Squarebanks names on it, with a nice modest love note on it?
      I’m confused. There’s no link to any back story on this. Are these bricks part of a fund raiser or are they the same bricks that that most your players skated with in their britches all season?

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
        I’m confused.
        It happens at your age……..
        There’s no link to any back story on this.
        Yes there was, you just can’t remember.
        Are these bricks part of a fund raiser or are they the same bricks that that most your players skated within their britches all season?
        They are, and have got the particular waiver to make yours from the latter.
        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

http://tinyurl.com/l4ypx4n

Yay!!!! ticket renewal time on June 1. And new changes, they must have been listening to you.
          Along with the upcoming renovations to the Sullivan Arena, Seawolf Hockey fans can take advantage of reduced ticket prices and multiple new deals this year, including:
          *$10 tickets at the door
          *8 games for $65 with purchase of punch card (restrictions apply/see website for details)
          *Expansion of the ‘wet’ section

Comment

Originally posted by kamariek View Post
            http://tinyurl.com/l4ypx4n

Yay!!!! ticket renewal time on June 1. And new changes, they must have been listening to you.
            Along with the upcoming renovations to the Sullivan Arena, Seawolf Hockey fans can take advantage of reduced ticket prices and multiple new deals this year, including:
            *$10 tickets at the door
            *8 games for $65 with purchase of punch card (restrictions apply/see website for details)
            *Expansion of the ‘wet’ section
            This is great news, now the guys just need to put together a winning season ... at least for games played at the Sully.
            Originally Posted by aparch
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

RPI blog Without a Peer post about UAA. http://www.withoutapeer.com/2015/05/...medium=twitter

I have no connection to WaP except as a reader.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                RPI blog Without a Peer post about UAA. http://www.withoutapeer.com/2015/05/...medium=twitter

Very well written and informative article.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Wow, ADN needs to replace D.W. with this guy. Great article...
                  Back in AK for good... 7/13/05

Comment

Originally posted by UAA Fan in Florida View Post
                    Wow, ADN needs to replace D.W. with this guy. Great article...
                    I thought it was a very good article! On another note, shouldn't the Sully remodel be happening now?

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                      I thought it was a very good article! On another note, shouldn't the Sully remodel be happening now?
                      It is!
                      Originally Posted by aparch
                      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                        It is!
                        Just to let everyone know, according to the Alaska Aces, every seat in the Sullivan Arena is being replaced....that includes the upper balcony. Not sure what the color will be though. I am not sure what color the arena paint inside will be either.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                          It is!
                          Are they doing anything about the closets they call dressing rooms or the ice making system?
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                            Are they doing anything about the closets they call dressing rooms or the ice making system?
                            I am not sure about the dressing rooms, but I know that glass and ice making machine is being replaced. Apparently, the seats are being collected outside of the arena, and are free for people who want them. I emailed Steve Nerland to see if he wanted the seats for Mulcahy grandstand improvements behind home plate.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                              Cos 40 guys spending 4 hours max spread over two days in a smallish dressing room is a priority? I've heard you whine and moan about the Sully ice in the context of many UAA players telling me that it's one of the best sheets they've ever skated on. Talking about WCHA Arenas, Justin Bourne (http://www.jtbourne.com/tag/ralph-engelstad-arena/ said,

"Of course, my home rink, Sullivan Arena, is my overall favourite, based on the memories we had there, the fans, and the fact that to this day, its the best ice surface I’ve ever stepped foot on. It’s like playing in fast forward it’s so hard and fast.

They had ONE issue in 30 years with the system (due to age mostly) a couple of years ago which spurred the publicly financed upgrade/replacement this summer. Stop saying anything anywhere anytime forever about UAA since everytime you do say something it just makes you look stupid.

Comment

has anyone noticed that there is a goalie added to the freshman roster? Zack Quinn from Westland, Mich. (Wenatchee Wild/NAHL) on the roster with the rest of the freshman. I haven't heard of any of our current goalies leaving..... or am I missing something.
                                GO SEAWOLVES!!

Comment

Working...
                                X