Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    So the Aces didn't make the playoffs either. I blame the new scoreboard...
    The one that costs $3,000.00 each game and is run by 7 monkeys who can't count?
    Is that the one you refer to?

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
      The one that costs $3,000.00 each game and is run by 7 monkeys who can't count?
      Is that the one you refer to?
      The Old Sully is clearly not pleased, all this new age mumbo jumbo.
      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
        The Old Sully is clearly not pleased, all this new age mumbo jumbo.
        Sullivan Arena is the worst venue in all of sports. Ugliest arena outside and inside and it isn't even close and the sight lines are horrible. New scoreboard and new seats this year…lipstick on a pig.

Comment

Originally posted by shootdontpass View Post
          Sullivan Arena is the worst venue in all of sports. Ugliest arena outside and inside and it isn't even close and the sight lines are horrible. New scoreboard and new seats this year…lipstick on a pig.
          You've not been to some of the Atlantic Hockey schools. Sacred Heart plays in an absolute dump.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
            You've not been to some of the Atlantic Hockey schools. Sacred Heart plays in an absolute dump.

GFM
            Sacred Heart plays in the worst arena in all of D1 hockey. However there have been alot of upgrades to rinks in Atlantic Hockey. RIT and Canisius have brand new rinks. Mercyhurst, Air Force, Army play in solid rinks. The worst ones are SHU, Bentley and AIC by far.
            QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
            2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
            2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
            2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
            https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
            https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
            https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post

GFM
              Brown has a horse that race. Meehan was pretty dumpy IMO.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Brown has a horse that race. Meehan was pretty dumpy IMO.
                The Milford Ice Pavilion is a civic facility with room for maybe 500 fans. There are three heated rooms in the building: the office, the locker rooms that SHU uses, and this one random room at the home-attack-twice end of the rink. We broadcast from there because there was nowhere else with power and telephone. Our players did their stretching there just to stay warm enough to do it. They had to jostle with 40-year-old hacks after our game who were looking to play in their senior open league.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                  The Milford Ice Pavilion is a civic facility with room for maybe 500 fans. There are three heated rooms in the building: the office, the locker rooms that SHU uses, and this one random room at the home-attack-twice end of the rink. We broadcast from there because there was nowhere else with power and telephone. Our players did their stretching there just to stay warm enough to do it. They had to jostle with 40-year-old hacks after our game who were looking to play in their senior open league.

GFM
                  Lol, that's awesome. I'd bet UAA's on campus practice rink is better...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Lol, that's awesome. I'd bet UAA's on campus practice rink is better...
                    The Farg is supposed to get a makeover this summer.
                    The existing locker room is small but nice by 1990 standards.
                    Supposedly getting redone with the rest of the building.
                    Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 04-12-2015, 08:34 PM.

Comment

To make a statement like that, you must have visited all of the DI facilities, right? Including UAA. So enlighten us, which venues have you stepped foot in? Obviously not Ferris State or Alaska Fairbanks.
                      Originally Posted by aparch
                      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

new seats this year…lipstick on a pig.
                        The new seats are in and are on display @ the Sully. Now that the Aces are golfing, maybe the arena will start ripping out the "ugly yellows" SOON!

The ones that will replace the mustard-yellow seats are a dark green and are padded.

They also have some new grayish colored seats that I think will replace the orange ones. The grey seats aren't padded like the dark green ones. ... Not sure if the upper levels (red seats) will have to wait, but at least the yellow & orange ones are on their way out!

I wonder who would want those ucky old seats? They're pretty hammered. Dumpster? Recycle bin?

I took a photo of the new ones, but I still don't know how to add a photo on here..

Comment

• Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post
                          I wonder who would want those ucky old seats? They're pretty hammered. Dumpster? Recycle bin?
                          Ucky? Belongs in a dumpster? Hammered? That's got "Fairbanks" written all over it.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                            To make a statement like that, you must have visited all of the DI facilities, right? Including UAA. So enlighten us, which venues have you stepped foot in? Obviously not Ferris State or Alaska Fairbanks.

Lighten up a bit eh? No need to be so defensive...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post
                              The new seats are in and are on display @ the Sully. Now that the Aces are golfing, maybe the arena will start ripping out the "ugly yellows" SOON!

The ones that will replace the mustard-yellow seats are a dark green and are padded.

They also have some new grayish colored seats that I think will replace the orange ones. The grey seats aren't padded like the dark green ones. ... Not sure if the upper levels (red seats) will have to wait, but at least the yellow & orange ones are on their way out!

I took a photo of the new ones, but I still don't know how to add a photo on here..
                              Maybe the Carlson could put them in their balcony. It sure would be an upgrade from those back breaking bleachers they have now. I heard the padded seats will be from the blue line to the blue line, the gray seats in the other sections. And no, the balcony seats are not being replaced.

New seats, new glass, new scoreboard, new paint ... can't wait.

When were you able to see the new seats?
                              Last edited by Suze; 04-13-2015, 09:54 PM.
                              Originally Posted by aparch
                              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                                The worst ones are SHU, Bentley and AIC by far.
                                Bentley one of the worst? I beg to differ. Admittedly no one will mistake the John A. Ryan Arena for a "state of the art" facility, but what it lacks in glitz it makes up for it in other areas. Free parking. Inexpensive admission. Decent concession stand. Better sight lines than some of the new arenas. More leg room than the Agganis Arena. No propaganda on the boards or on some flashing message bored telling me what type of health insurance to buy. No stupid "Kiss Cam" or Sumo wrestler relays. All they do at the John A. Ryan is PLAY HOCKEY!!!
                                "Love means never having to say you are sorry." Oliver Barrett, IV from the movie "Love Story". The cinematic masterpiece that forever immortalizes a CORNELL victory over CRIMSON vermin!

Comment

Working...
                                X