Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2014-15 Season Thread Part II: It Ain't over!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northeastern Huskies 2014-15 Season Thread Part II: It Ain't over!!

So, as we were saying before the powers that be locked the original thread......
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2014-15 Season Thread Part II: It Ain't over!!

The thread locked because the season ended when we lost the Beanpot. /s

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
      The thread locked because the season ended when we lost the Beanpot. /s
      The season is far from over for NU. Yes, the Beanpot loss was painful, especially the way it ended, BUT they can help their pairwise ranking with wins over BU and a run in the Hockey East playoffs. NU has beaten Minnesota, Yale and BC this year.

Comment

Should be a fun weekend against BU. Very interested to see what JM does goaltending wise, if he is insistent on keeping up with the platoon at this point in the season. Tough to imagine he'd start Roy on the road at BU, but also you got to think Witt is a shoe in playing senior night on Saturday, no?

Also very interested to see if Rosenthal gets himself back into the lineup. From what we've been told he is not banged up and it is has just been a coach's decision. Regardless, Sikura has done a nice job the past couple games filling in on the third line. He's been putting himself in much better positions offensively, and it has resulted in 3 goals, and another couple opportunities on Monday. Although this is where the wheels usually start to fall off, I have hope this team can get a win this weekend putting themselves in a good position to draw Merrimack or UConn in the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by josh_brown View Post
          Also very interested to see if Rosenthal gets himself back into the lineup. From what we've been told he is not banged up and it is has just been a coach's decision. Regardless, Sikura has done a nice job the past couple games filling in on the third line. He's been putting himself in much better positions offensively, and it has resulted in 3 goals, and another couple opportunities on Monday. Although this is where the wheels usually start to fall off, I have hope this team can get a win this weekend putting themselves in a good position to draw Merrimack or UConn in the first round.

Really? That's surprising. He hasn't been lights out or anything, but I thought he was solid all year. And one of the few who were at the start. I could see putting Sikura into the more scoring role, but I couldn't possibly see him getting left off the 12 man roster in favor of Mike Jamieson. With 11 forwards, maybe.

Dead on about the seeding though, I've been hoping to avoid UNH and UMass. They're completely revitalized teams since they added Tirone and Montour. Maybe they couldn't couldn't beat us in a series, but I think they could easily take a game, which would be pairwise murder at this point.

Comment

two games...
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

that worked out for y'all last time, didn't it?
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                that worked out for y'all last time, didn't it?
                Well, it sure worked well in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus655321 View Post
                  Well, it sure worked well in the playoffs.
                  Which is when it really matters.

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2015...ferees-beanpot

My take on Madigan suspension
                    https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                    Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                      2 big questions on this that no one seems to have the answer for:

1) What did he do in Maine?

2) What did he do immediately after the Beanpot to receive the 10-minute misconduct?

The press release did not mention his comments after the game to the press, so that leads me to believe that was a minor reason, if even one at all, for the suspension. People are tying the suspension to that, but it doesn't seem to be the reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                        2 big questions on this that no one seems to have the answer for:

1) What did he do in Maine?.
                        At Maine he had a hissy fit because a NU player was down after a hit and play wasn't stopped, Shore promptly scored a empty net goal. I imagine he thought a penalty should have been called on the hit that put the NU player down and then once down he thought play should have been stopped. The hit happened in front of me, could have been called but like usual what is a penalty in the 1st, isn't in the 3rd.
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

From the article:

According to Jocko Connolly's article in the Boston Herald, Madigan will be permitted to participate in the team's senior night festivities on Saturday.
                          This was my first thought when I heard the news. How magnanimous of the league.

Comment

I have seen madigan go nuts, he obviously has that in him. But wow...2 games at this point. Can only imagine how many times he has gone out of his mind.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              At Maine he had a hissy fit because a NU player was down after a hit and play wasn't stopped, Shore promptly scored a empty net goal. I imagine he thought a penalty should have been called on the hit that put the NU player down and then once down he thought play should have been stopped. The hit happened in front of me, could have been called but like usual what is a penalty in the 1st, isn't in the 3rd.
                              That's correct. I was trying to think back on what he did in Maine, and it was that hit that brought Saucerman down he went bananas on the refs for. I didn't see what he did to earn the misconduct at the Beanpot, but for a pair of real emotional games seems like a two-game suspension is way too much. If this is York, Parker or even maybe Quinn, hard to imagine the same penalty would be applied.

Comment

Working...
                              X