Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2014-15 Season Thread Part II: It Ain't over!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2014-15 Season Thread Part II: It Ain't over!!

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    y'all happy now? y'all are even with that waved off goal.
    Oh, the irony!!!!
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

I was there tonight with SRO seats and with absolutely no NU fans in house. We dominated the 1st period but were only up 3 to 2 after one. We had them 6 to 2 and let them back in with undisciplined hockey. BU had a goal called off other wise we may have been in a tie late in the 3rd but held on to win. I will be there tomorrow night too and we need those points too. I am hoping for a deep run into the HE Tournament and perhaps a NCAA selection bid with a final Pairwise of 14 or 15. Anyway, clearly we lost on a blown call that's fine but when you haven't won in 27 years, you have to argue the call. The refs in this league and in many leagues suck, because human beings suck for this purpose, the human mind is slow to react and effected by emotion and no matter what the training will blow call after call. Madigan makes some valid points these guys are not volunteers and should be subject to criticism and peer review from, the press, administration and fans. In no career or task for which you are paid are you above being reprimanded or critiqued for your performance. JM was suspended for comments I see this issue from youth sports thru the MIAA hear in MA to he NCAA and all of the Pro leagues a tolerance of mediocrity to this endeavor. Only in America can a governing body be resolved of poor calls, instead of having its management and referees be fired and out an their asses. To that extent there is hope a s we are yet but perhaps less than a decade or 2 away from a time were refs will be replaced by robots. Yes robots and computers that can both see and analyze a call 1 million time faster than a human brain, with 100% accuracy and without emotion. NU good screwed this week because human begins in their own right are such imperfect machines. Then all the zebras in all the leagues of the word can watch the games from the comfort of an arm chair and realize how much they sucked, how useless they were and how much they were over paid in correlation to their talent.

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
        I was there tonight with SRO seats and with absolutely no NU fans in house. We dominated the 1st period but were only up 3 to 2 after one. We had them 6 to 2 and let them back in with undisciplined hockey. BU had a goal called off other wise we may have been in a tie late in the 3rd but held on to win. I will be there tomorrow night too and we need those points too. I am hoping for a deep run into the HE Tournament and perhaps a NCAA selection bid with a final Pairwise of 14 or 15. Anyway, clearly we lost on a blown call that's fine but when you haven't won in 27 years, you have to argue the call. The refs in this league and in many leagues suck, because human beings suck for this purpose, the human mind is slow to react and effected by emotion and no matter what the training will blow call after call. Madigan makes some valid points these guys are not volunteers and should be subject to criticism and peer review from, the press, administration and fans. In no career or task for which you are paid are you above being reprimanded or critiqued for your performance. JM was suspended for comments I see this issue from youth sports thru the MIAA hear in MA to he NCAA and all of the Pro leagues a tolerance of mediocrity to this endeavor. Only in America can a governing body be resolved of poor calls, instead of having its management and referees be fired and out an their asses. To that extent there is hope a s we are yet but perhaps less than a decade or 2 away from a time were refs will be replaced by robots. Yes robots and computers that can both see and analyze a call 1 million time faster than a human brain, with 100% accuracy and without emotion. NU good screwed this week because human begins in their own right are such imperfect machines. Then all the zebras in all the leagues of the word can watch the games from the comfort of an arm chair and realize how much they sucked, how useless they were and how much they were over paid in correlation to their talent.
        Spoken like someone that has never put on the stripes and reffed anything. I don't think Voss is a good ref at all but it is a very tough job to do even at the youth level.
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

A lot of people have hard jobs. To steal Jimmy's example, I'm sure Obama has a hard job, but he isn't beyond reproach. I'm not sure that I'm in on the "no humans at all" idea, but I think that there should at least be a system where it isn't illegal to say that a referee did his job wrong. We can say players aren't doing what they should be, or coaches, or AD's, or anybody else, but Cam Voss is allowed to go out and call 4-5 more penalties a game than every other ref and nobody is allowed to say "Hey, maybe this guy needs to get consistent with the rest of the referees or he needs to be replaced." And nobody seems to be doing it privately behind the scenes either, since it doesn't seem to be changing. If Voss is an NHL prospect then great, get him up there and away from us as soon as possible. Him and St. Laurent would make a great duo of ineptitude.
          Last edited by TheRevengeance; 02-28-2015, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
            Spoken like someone that has never put on the stripes and reffed anything. I don't think Voss is a good ref at all but it is a very tough job to do even at the youth level.
            Yeah, I have to agree with Mr. Zlax although I remain furious with Voss. There actually is some accountability in the referee community (at least the part I'm familiar with) but it pretty much happens behind closed doors. That being said, I was disappointed to see that Voss was at Tsongas last night. If he shows up at Matthews.......well, I'd rather not go there.
            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
              A lot of people have hard jobs. To steal Jimmy's example, I'm sure Obama has a hard job, but he isn't beyond reproach. I'm not sure that I'm in on the "no humans at all" idea, but I think that there should at least be a system where it isn't illegal to say that a referee did his job wrong. We can say players aren't doing what they should be, or coaches, or AD's, or anybody else, but Cam Voss is allowed to go out and call 4-5 more penalties a game than every other ref and nobody is allowed to say "Hey, maybe this guy needs to get consistent with the rest of the referees or he needs to be replaced." And nobody seems to be doing it privately behind the scenes either, since it doesn't seem to be changing. If Voss is an NHL prospect then great, get him up there and away from us as soon as possible. Him and St. Laurent would make a great duo of ineptitude.
              My thing with Voss is that Hockey East considers him the best official in the conference and continues to give him high profile games. Why do they (hockey east) believe he is the best guy to be reffing the Beanpot Final?
              Last edited by The Zlax45; 02-28-2015, 03:00 AM.
              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                Get off my lawn!
                Originally posted by mookie1995
                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

You folks should be fortunate you don't have to deal with the ECAC officiating.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Hockey View Post
                    You folks should be fortunate you don't have to deal with the ECAC officiating.
                    When St. Lawrence was here for two games in January they (Mostly fans, but I think the HC must have mentioned it?) complained about how horribly the games were called by the HEA crew. So if ours is better, it's still not enough.

Comment

Outside of Eichel's shifts, we have dominated BU. There is no team in Hockey East we should be afraid of going into the playoffs.
                      Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                      Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

All the best Seniors! Go NU
                        GO NU HOCKEY
                        Always bullish on the future.
                        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I'm giggling at the "I like my men saucy" sign.

Comment

Eichel with a beauty heads up goal.. & Witt letting in one soft one.. Huskies then give up a PP goal.. down 0-3 in the first. All Terriers thus far.. much like Huskies last night. Gonna be a long night unless we get something going.
                            GO NU HOCKEY
                            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Tough night for Witt thus far.. Huskies down 4-1. Terriers start 2nd with a PP.
                              Lack of discipline all over for NU.. skating, passing, forechecking, backchecking.. everywhere.
                              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                                Outside of Eichel's shifts, we have dominated BU. There is no team in Hockey East we should be afraid of going into the playoffs.
                                Ahem
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X