Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2014-15 Season Thread Part II: It Ain't over!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2014-15 Season Thread Part II: It Ain't over!!

Originally posted by beanstalk View Post
    Keep drinking the Kool Aid. Here's a riddle: What do the last 4 BU goals in Friday night's game have in common with the first three BU goals Saturday night? I'll give you a hint: two players from NU were on the ice for all 7 goals, and only one of them was Witt.
    Well when you play 30 minutes and your team give sup 7 goals, good chance you will be on the ice for some of them. This is a crazy conversation.
    The Artist formally known as Steve66

Comment

Originally posted by retsap71 View Post
      Well when you play 30 minutes and your team give sup 7 goals, good chance you will be on the ice for some of them. This is a crazy conversation.
      Also 4 of those 7 were scored by BU's first unit while on the powerplay, and 1 more by their first PK unit. If your PK clearly can't shut down the opposing team's powerplay like that, it's on the system the coach is implementing more often than it is on the right D for not shutting them down on his own.

Comment

• It's the playoffs.. its a new season.
        Let's start something tonight & keep it going..

GO HUSKIES
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
          It's the playoffs.. its a new season.
          Let's start something tonight & keep it going..

GO HUSKIES
          #StacysMom #RobyMustGo
          Dog House Class of 2003

"Puh Pah Playoffs!...You talk about playoffs?... You kiddin' me? Playoffs?"

55-622-73-35-418, I'm on FIRE!

Comment

Originally posted by retsap71 View Post
            Yes, it's all just due to chance. 27 years without a Beanpot is just bad luck. And, of course, that was just a bad penalty call on Benning in OT in the Beanpot final. Blame the ref. Victimized again by outside forces. Here are some good Wikipedia pages on Learned Helplessness and Victim Mentality http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learned_helplessness and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victim_mentality. Excuses, excuses, excuses. It's time for change. It's time to stop being a victim. Let's see what the boys can do tonight. They need to take responsibility and be held accountable. No excuses.

Comment

i don't know about 27 yrs.. and am as much a critic of the hockey (un) attentiveness from higher ups at NU over the decades.. but dude..

..that was a seriously bad call in ot.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                Also 4 of those 7 were scored by BU's first unit while on the powerplay, and 1 more by their first PK unit. If your PK clearly can't shut down the opposing team's powerplay like that, it's on the system the coach is implementing more often than it is on the right D for not shutting them down on his own.
                Sure, it's all on the systems and nothing to do with personnel. Please. I, too, place blame on the coaches. But I place more of it on personnel decisions and less of it on the system. PK system is not all that complex. Better players and better skaters do make a difference. And that is a much easier adjustment over the course of a single game.

Comment

i don't know about 27 yrs.. and am as much a critic of the hockey (un) attentiveness from higher ups at NU over the decades.. but dude..

Buccigross, who watches more college hockey than any of us, thought it was the right call. I thought it was borderline and was only made because he let the clear Saucerman hook on Eichel two seconds earlier go without a whistle. That whole play was set up because Eichel blew by Sauce. Which brings me to the real point: what was worse, the call by the ref or JM's decision to match up Saucerman with Eichel at the start of OT even though Eichel had blown by him every other shift that they were matched up during the game? Those are the in-game adjustments that are so obvious to others watching the game, but that are never made by the NU coaches. Benning and Sauce are never held accountable. The other Dmen are held accountable and can sit for long stretches if they are having difficult games. I just don't understand it. Everybody should be held accountable. In-game adjustments should be made. Players skating the best in a given game should get more time and those skating poorly should sit. Kevin Roy is a superstar and you live and die with him. Nobody else on this team should have that status. I'm hoping for a fast-paced wide open game tonight. We have so much more offensive talent than them. But if we get into a tight, grind-it-out type of game, I don't like our chances.

Comment

Originally posted by beanstalk View Post
                    Keep drinking the Kool Aid. Here's a riddle: What do the last 4 BU goals in Friday night's game have in common with the first three BU goals Saturday night? I'll give you a hint: two players from NU were on the ice for all 7 goals, and only one of them was Witt.
                    Jack Eichel was on the ice for 6 of those 7 goals, and 9 of the 11 on the weekend, his line roasted everyone they threw out there (and of course, 6 of those were on the PP). Perhaps it has as much to do with him as it does who he's facing? Perhaps other defensemen look better because they were matched up with bu's 3rd and 4th lines instead of the Eichel line?

Darou has looked much better this season and Fennell finally looks like he belongs in HE, both deserve a ton of credit for that, but I'd like to know where you're pregaming that he looks "great" because I want some of that strong stuff.

Comment

Voss wasn't very good at PC this past Saturday...he calls everything and has replaced Hache as the worst HE ref in my lifetime!
                      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                        Voss wasn't very good at PC this past Saturday...he calls everything and has replaced Hache as the worst HE ref in my lifetime!
                        The problem with the Beanpot call, as has been rehashed over and over, is that that wasn't the call they made all game. There were very, VERY few penalties called in the first three periods and then they changed the threshold and called that in OT. Had they called a ton of penalties in the first three periods you wouldn't see as many complaints about the call in OT.

Comment

Firstly, please excuse my ignorance on this subject. I've heard that playing these extra playoff games could be very helpful to our pairwise situation (assuming we move on against MC). Question is, if we beat MC, will it help us any more because MC has beaten ND, PC, Quinnipiac, Minnesota and tied BU? If so, it seems like those are definitely quality wins by MC which in turn means that if we beat a Merrimack team that has defeated ND, PC, Minn that will move us up? Am I totally off the tracks with this?
                          Last edited by Happy Husky Victory!; 03-06-2015, 10:49 AM.
                          Dog House Class of 2003

"Puh Pah Playoffs!...You talk about playoffs?... You kiddin' me? Playoffs?"

55-622-73-35-418, I'm on FIRE!

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Husky Victory! View Post
                            Firstly, please excuse my ignorance on this subject. I've heard that playing these extra playoff games could be very helpful to our pairwise situation (assuming we move on against MC). Question is, if we beat MC, will it help us any more because MC has beaten ND, PC, Minnesota and tied BU? If so, it seems like those are definitely quality wins by MC which in turn means that if we beat a Merrimack team that has defeated ND, PC, Minn that will move us up? Am I totally off the tracks with this?
                            I don't know if MC's quality wins will help us at all, where we stand to benefit is in the RPI. By winning two games against a decent opponent (at least in terms of RPI) that should improve our RPI, which could in turn flip a few comparisons for us since RPI is the tiebreaker and we're losing a number of comparisons on that.

I do think we need to win in 2 to see any bump though. Lose one and we're likely to remain pretty much where we are now.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus655321 View Post
                              I don't know if MC's quality wins will help us at all, where we stand to benefit is in the RPI. By winning two games against a decent opponent (at least in terms of RPI) that should improve our RPI, which could in turn flip a few comparisons for us since RPI is the tiebreaker and we're losing a number of comparisons on that.

I do think we need to win in 2 to see any bump though. Lose one and we're likely to remain pretty much where we are now.
                              Ha, when it comes to wins, we Warriors fan lack in quantity but make up for it in quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                                Ha, when it comes to wins, we Warriors fan lack in quantity but make up for it in quality.
                                As long as you continue to lack quantity after this weekend

Comment

Working...
                                X