• Show
Clear All

• Re: Onward to Boston! Friar Hockey 2014/15 Part Two

Ticket deal for the Regionals

https://www.livingsocial.com/events/...d=88-worcester
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

I'm sure a number of you received the same offer to renew your hockey season tickets today. No discount for renewing early but they ask that you renew by making a deposit of 25% because "Friar hockey is in high demand".

Good for them for being proactive. I'm gong to renew anyway just not right now. Too many other things coming up to spend money on like hopefully a regional in Providence for the Friars. I already have my tickets for Boston.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
        I'm sure a number of you received the same offer to renew your hockey season tickets today. No discount for renewing early but they ask that you renew by making a deposit of 25% because "Friar hockey is in high demand".

Good for them for being proactive. I'm gong to renew anyway just not right now. Too many other things coming up to spend money on like hopefully a regional in Providence for the Friars. I already have my tickets for Boston.
        They are also charging you for the playoff tixs for the 2015-2016 season so pay attention to that also.
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Too many other things coming up to spend money on like hopefully a regional in Providence for the Friars. I already have my tickets for Boston.
          Hey, no worries, PC is a lock for the NCAA's. Got that on here earlier, straight from the horse's ... mouth.

PC probably should skate their JV's this weekend ... you wanna keep the top guys healthy for the Frozen Four.
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
            Jon, there are therapists who can help you move from an alternator inspired sense of impending doom to a more rose colored outlook. .
            Looking to make extra money on the side?

I'll concede that it looks good. #2 team in HE against the number 8 team at home. It's just not a "lock". And yes, I'm greedy and I want all the trophies.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

A lock? Jim Donaldson has his annual Friars hockey column out on promo.com:http://m.providencejournal.com/artic...50319689/14010
              Talking about a Frozen Four possibility...or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                Hey, no worries, PC is a lock for the NCAA's. Got that on here earlier, straight from the horse's ... mouth.

PC probably should skate their JV's this weekend ... you wanna keep the top guys healthy for the Frozen Four.
                You do have point.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                  They are also charging you for the playoff tixs for the 2015-2016 season so pay attention to that also.
                  I didn't go that far down the rabbit hole to see that they were offering playoffs as well but I'm a sucker who buys the playoff tickets too when I do renew. I've been a hero two years straight.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

As we know there is only one poster labeling PC as a lock for the NCAA's. I know this is going to be a dogfight this weekend for both teams. I see it going to deciding game on Sunday. I don't see either team sweeping but of course I have been wrong once or twice before.

Just to be clear I mentioned already having my tickets to Boston because I bought them through the NCAA (like I bought my Friar HE playoff tickets in July) because it's like money found this time of year, not because I feel it is a done deal with the Friars getting there. Although it would be great if they do!

Comment

As we know there is only one poster labeling PC as a lock for the NCAA's.
                      Yeah, I noticed that. Is he a PC fan, or just trying to be *interesting*?

Comment

It's Tournament Time!

Comment

The good news is we're still a lock, right?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                          -Blackadder
                          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                          -Casablanca
                          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Looks like we have a few potholes in the road on the way to Boston.......we just can't do it the easy way

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                              The good news is we're still a lock, right?
                              To be fair, UNH has gacked up at this stage of the season SO often in the past from a similarly high-seeded position, and they almost always have found a way into the big tourney.

But the worst part is having to wait that extra week, and hope for a limited amount of tourney upsets, or watching teams slip past yours in PWR while your team is sitting it out. Probably less of a concern now that the field is up to 16 teams instead of 12. But a PC win on Saturday would relieve some of those concerns. And I think PC wins tomorrow (not on Sunday though).

Comment

Too many men with 2:10 to go? Really? Pooley hasn't been here is years. Ugh! Jon, your alternator died tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X