Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Onward to Boston! Friar Hockey 2014/15 Part Two

Originally posted by dillon View Post
    i have trouble locating this new thread in the forums. why was the last one discontinued?
    I did not stop it ask Jon why

Comment

Dang that PC91.

Comment

Did anyone see where Cal Peterson from Notre Dame made 89 saves last night? And then lost in the fifth overtime? He didn't score any goals either. He did give PC fits a few weeks ago. I think he is the real deal.
        Last edited by The Freds; 03-07-2015, 09:10 PM.

Comment

ND romping over UMASS, while Maine trying to come back at the Gutt against UVM...if things hold as they stand right this moment it will be UHN (lol) making the drive down to Schneider on Friday...

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
            ND romping over UMASS, while Maine trying to come back at the Gutt against UVM...if things hold as they stand right this moment it will be UHN (lol) making the drive down to Schneider on Friday...
            Loading up our pickups and tractors as we speak. Extra Red Man as well - we're expecting a long weekend!!!
            Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Scott Herbst ‏@herbst20 3h3 hours ago
              It appears Cedar Rapids forward Dylan Mclaughlin has decommitted from Providence and has now committed to Canisius .
              QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
              2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
              2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
              2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
              https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
              https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
              https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Friars get UHN Wildcats...not sure if I like that. Definitely will be a challenging series. Friars beat them in November 1-0 on the big sheet after game one was postponed due to ice problems. Then in January Friars lost 2-1 up there. So beat them when they were struggling, lost when they were starting to come around. If I remember correctly, in the 2-1 loss the winning goal was the result of a Friar defenseman tipping a shot pass Gillies.

Comment

I'm not sure whether it makes a difference that it is UNH or anyone else. This has proven to be a challenging season where PC only swept UML and Maine in HEA competition. It is time to step it up and take care of some of those issues raised during the season - like scoring goals. The defense has played well. On the other hand UNH is averaging 3.14 goals per game, 13th in the nation, while PC is averaging 2.94, tied with BC at 23. The guys have to give Gillies support and take care of things for the whole game.

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                    Friars get UHN Wildcats...not sure if I like that. Definitely will be a challenging series. Friars beat them in November 1-0 on the big sheet after game one was postponed due to ice problems. Then in January Friars lost 2-1 up there. So beat them when they were struggling, lost when they were starting to come around. If I remember correctly, in the 2-1 loss the winning goal was the result of a Friar defenseman tipping a shot pass Gillies.
                    The PC backup was able to shut out the Wildcats at the Whitt...Maybe Ellis should start since he has actually played better against them!
                    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                      Scott Herbst ‏@herbst20 3h3 hours ago
                      It appears Cedar Rapids forward Dylan Mclaughlin has decommitted from Providence and has now committed to Canisius .
                      Probably the reason that Ruggiero was able to sign so late...

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                        Considering how terrible certain parts of this year were? Hells to the yeah, I'm happy with 9th. I"m even happier at ending up in second in Hockey East.
                        Serious question, Jon ... would losing to UNH in the QF's do any damage to PC making the NCAA's?

I still think the Friars will find a way to pull this out, but the series is a lot more compelling now that it would have looked a few weeks ago. Just trying to gauge if PC will be desperate or complacent ...
                        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                          Serious question, Jon ... would losing to UNH in the QF's do any damage to PC making the NCAA's?

I still think the Friars will find a way to pull this out, but the series is a lot more compelling now that it would have looked a few weeks ago. Just trying to gauge if PC will be desperate or complacent ...
                          PC has been complacent all season when they have a chance to put their foot down on a team's throat!

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                            PC has been complacent all season when they have a chance to put their foot down on a team's throat!

Like they did final weekend vs Maine?
                            Anyone who watched Maine over last 6+/-, vs ND and UVM, they were not a lapdog

7-2-1 over last ten with sweeps vs Maine and Lowell. Isn't to shabby
                            Last edited by Hokydad; 03-09-2015, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Gillies scored ZERO goals = very shabby!
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                                Like they did final weekend vs Maine?
                                Anyone who watched Maine over last 6+/-, vs ND and UVM, they were not a lapdog

7-2-1 over last ten with sweeps vs Maine and Lowell. Isn't to shabby
                                Yet, they were taken to overtime by UMass twice including needing a last second goal to tie the game they won. My point is made.

Comment

Working...
                                X