>>>>> RIT TIGERS - Roaring into the postseason <<<<<

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ballroomblitz View Post
    Which brothers? I know of the Renouf twins who are transferring out of Quinnipiac over to Anchorage-Alaska.
    It's the Renouf twins. http://collegecommitments.com had them listed as heading to Robert Morris yesterday, but today they made the correction of transfer to UAA.
    John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
    AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
    AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
    NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
    NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
    NCAA DII - 1983
    NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS - Roaring into the postseason <<<<<

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
      It's the Renouf twins. http://collegecommitments.com had them listed as heading to Robert Morris yesterday, but today they made the correction of transfer to UAA.
      Thanks for the update, it is as expected. It has been bantered about that the twins will be ineligible to play in their first season at UAA. For RIT the twins could have helped but I see plenty of good additions next season and should be a strong contender to repeat another great run.

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
        Pittsburgh and Anchorage, it's easy to get those two cities confused
        Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
        The Mule
        Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Random thought. RIT will open the season with 2 "belts". They own the Atlantic Hockey championship belt from winning the tournament. They also own the "play-up" belt when they defeated Mankato. They will defend it at some point depending on the schedule.
          2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
          2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2010 Frozen Four participant
          2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
            They also own the "play-up" belt when they defeated Mankato. They will defend it at some point depending on the schedule.
            Komey, can you explain what the "play up" belt is?
            RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Bing View Post
              Komey, can you explain what the "play up" belt is?
              The "play up" belt is a belt between non D-1 schools that play D-1 hockey.

There are also D-II and D-III play up belts, so any team eligible for either of those are also eligible for the play-up belt.

I found a list from June 2012 of who was playing up. I don't think it's changed since then, but I make no promises.

As of June 2012, here is the list:
              D-II Play Up:
              Alabama-Huntsville
              Alaska
              Alaska Anchorage
              American International
              Bemidji State
              Bentley
              Ferris State
              Lake Superior
              UMass Lowell
              Mercyhurst
              Merrimack
              Michigan Tech
              Minnesota Duluth
              Minnesota State
              Northern Michigan
              St. Cloud State

D-III Play-up:
              Clarkson
              Colorado College
              Rensselaer
              RIT
              St. Lawrence
              Union

Ralph Baer does a phenomenal job of keeping track of all of the belts. http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...art-III/page40
              Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
              College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
              Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
              Men's Frozen Four 2010
              Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
              Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post

There are also D-II and D-III play up belts, so any team eligible for either of those are also eligible for the play-up belt.

I found a list from June 2012 of who was playing up. I don't think it's changed since then, but I make no promises.

D-II Play Up:
                Alabama-Huntsville
                Alaska
                Alaska Anchorage
                American International
                Bemidji State
                Bentley
                Ferris State
                Lake Superior
                UMass Lowell
                Mercyhurst
                Merrimack
                Michigan Tech
                Minnesota Duluth
                Minnesota State
                Northern Michigan
                St. Cloud State

D-III Play-up:
                Clarkson
                Colorado College
                Rensselaer
                RIT
                St. Lawrence
                Union

Ralph Baer does a phenomenal job of keeping track of all of the belts. http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...art-III/page40
                Thanks, Mar!
                RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

UMass Lowell recently went all D-I, as of the 2013-14 season. I don't know about the others.

Comment

Solid group of captains for next year.

"Alexander Kuqali, Andrew Miller, Josh Mitchell named captains, Brady Norrish, an assistant captain"

http://ritathletics.com/news/2015/5/...513155038.aspx

RIT Tigers
                    Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

3 Captains 1 Assistant?

That seems backwards.
                      RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                        3 Captains 1 Assistant?

That seems backwards.
                        Does it really matter?
                        Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                        The Mule
                        Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Awfully quiet in here.

Based on other schools releasing schedules, we know the following dates so far.
                          Friday October 9 - @ Clarkson
                          Saturday October 10 - @ St. Lawrence
                          Saturday October 17 - vs Bowling Green (Brick City Homecoming, Blue Cross Arena)
                          Friday January 29 - Holy Cross
                          Saturday January 30 - Holy Cross

We also have a home/home with Colgate, and will be visiting BC during Thanksgiving weekend. I haven't seen dates on these yet.

Season tickets will go on sale in Early July. Haven't heard any updates on pricing or anything. Season Ticket holders from last season have the opportunity to renew your seats or select new seats before the sale opens to the public.

Quick alumni note: Steve Pinizzotto has signed ECH Red Bull Munchen in Germany.

RIT Tigers
                          Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

Awfully quiet in here.

Based on other schools releasing schedules, we know the following dates so far.
                            Friday October 9 - @ Clarkson
                            Saturday October 10 - @ St. Lawrence
                            Saturday October 17 - vs Bowling Green (Brick City Homecoming, Blue Cross Arena)
                            Friday January 29 - Holy Cross
                            Saturday January 30 - Holy Cross

We also have a home/home with Colgate, and will be visiting BC during Thanksgiving weekend. I haven't seen dates on these yet.
                            Only one non-conference match at the Polisseni Center? Come on, Coach, we gotta do better than that.

In brighter news, the men's APR is pretty high, though not as high as the women's. =)

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                              Only one non-conference match at the Polisseni Center? Come on, Coach, we gotta do better than that.

In brighter news, the men's APR is pretty high, though not as high as the women's. =)

Powers &8^]
                              A few people have mentioned to me that we are down 1 home game from last year, but obviously that's all just speculation at this point. It's good to see Colgate back on the slate, I always found our relatively low number of games with them over the last few years odd.
                              RIT Tiger Hockey
                              Cinderella is dancing again!

Comment

http://www.postbulletin.com/sports/l...46307ed37.html

Interesting article about a goalie that eventually committed to Minnesota. The other two schools that were in the running for him were RIT and Niagara.
                                RIT Tigers

AHC Pickem Regular Season Co-Champion - 2016-2017

Comment

Working...
                                X