Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS - Roaring into the postseason <<<<<

https://ritpedia.rit.edu/Tuition

Shows tuition over the years. And yes, we are below the national average for private 4-year universities, as you can see in the graph. Still absurd though. You can see a spike on the graph when Destler took over. The school has gone in a better direction I believe with him though.

RIT Hockey FB Group
    Facebook.com/groups/RITtigershockey

RIT '13

Comment

Originally posted by StimulisRK View Post

Shows tuition over the years. And yes, we are below the national average for private 4-year universities, as you can see in the graph. Still absurd though. You can see a spike on the graph when Destler took over. The school has gone in a better direction I believe with him though.
      Is President Destler trying to move all athletics to DII?
      R I T HOCKEY
      Frozen Four
      Elite Eight
      NCAA Tournament
      2010-2015-2016
      RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

There is a spike there, but it appears to be entirely an artifact of the inflation rates of the time. If you graph just the raw contemporary-dollar increases, the rate of increase has been very steady since 2003. (The rate was also steady before 2003, but noticeably less than the current rate.)

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
          There is a spike there, but it appears to be entirely an artifact of the inflation rates of the time. If you graph just the raw contemporary-dollar increases, the rate of increase has been very steady since 2003. (The rate was also steady before 2003, but noticeably less than the current rate.)

Powers &8^]
          Yes, the time when tuition rates would have been set right there was in the middle of the financial crisis.
          RIT Tigers

AHC Pickem Regular Season Co-Champion - 2016-2017

Comment

• Originally posted by Rochester View Post
            Is President Destler trying to move all athletics to DII?
            No there is no good reason to do that. Most of the schools that are close by are D3 schools there are only 2 I can think of that a D2 Roberts Weslyian and LeMoyne. Plus liberty league ties have been beneficial for our non-conference scheduling for hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
              That's just absurd. I love RIT hockey, but I'll never advocate anyone going there unless it's for nearly free.
              You think that poorly of RIT's education? Not even public schools are "nearly free". College is expensive, that's just how it is in America. RIT is quite affordable compared to it's competitors in the private-school space. There's also not a single player recruited to the hockey team that is going to be paying that full price. The financial aid packages for them are reported to be quite good.
              RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                You think that poorly of RIT's education? Not even public schools are "nearly free". College is expensive, that's just how it is in America. RIT is quite affordable compared to it's competitors in the private-school space. There's also not a single player recruited to the hockey team that is going to be paying that full price. The financial aid packages for them are reported to be quite good.
                My statement was more about anyone considering going to RIT. The main difference between me and the people who went to state schools at my first job out of school? I was the one with the most debt, while our salaries were copy and paste.
                RIT Tigers

Comment

• Great win by Providence. This is one RIT fan that was happy to see Brandon Tanev get that winning goal. I wonder if someone on the Canuck bench tonight has told Chris that his brother scored the winning goal that gave the Friars this years NCAA championship.
                  RPI Engineers
                  RIT Tigers
                  ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Nationally it's just ridiculous and unsustainable the increases. It blows my mind that since I started at RIT in the fall of 98 that tuition has gone up 110% (Maybe that is the 100% Ed's been talking about ). RIT has gotten better under Destler but way more expensive as well. That being said I think he has been much better than his predecessor. At some point these institutions for higher education is going to have to come up with a way to reduce this trend. I've heard only some small ideas on how to cut some of these costs from Destler. Think it's something that really going to have to happen under who ever replaces him. Something I feel is coming, we already seeing some push back and criticism of universities on their price tag. With tougher job markets being more of the norm I think many university presidents are going to really feel the heat if these costs stay on their current path...
                    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                    The Mule
                    Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by ritBLKnORGsuit View Post
                      No there is no good reason to do that. Most of the schools that are close by are D3 schools there are only 2 I can think of that a D2 Roberts Weslyian and LeMoyne. Plus liberty league ties have been beneficial for our non-conference scheduling for hockey.
                      While that is true, one huge advantage to moving up would be that the hockey teams would be allowed to offer as many scholarships as they want.
                      I've only heard rumors and here-say on here about RIT intending to move up, but Destler seems like very much a D-I guy. If he had any intention, I could see that being his. But with the restrictions on moving up nowadays, that would be quite difficult, if not nearly impossible. A move to D-II would allow the scholarships many think they need without all the hastle, red tape, and time (10 years, iirc) needed to actually go D-I.
                      Can't we all just get along?
                      Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                        Great win by Providence. This is one RIT fan that was happy to see Brandon Tanev get that winning goal. I wonder if someone on the Canuck bench tonight has told Chris that his brother scored the winning goal that gave the Friars this years NCAA championship.
                        So Chris Tanev scores arguably the biggest goal in RIT D-I hockey history, then Brandon Tanev scores inarguably the biggest goal in Providence College hockey history. Nice.

Speaking of former RIT relatives, is Nick Saracino for Providence related to RIT's Chris Saracino? It's probably fair to assume he is. How many Saracino hockey families could be from St. Louis? Just making sure.

Funny how Chris Tanev and Chris Saracino got to the FF with the 15th seeded Tigers in 2010, RIT's best finish ever in D-I, while Brandon Tanev and Nick Saracino got to the FF and won it with the 15th seeded Friars in 2015, Providence's only NC in program history.
                        Can't we all just get along?
                        Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Yes, RIT's Chris Saracino is Nick's older brother. Circle gets the square.
                          THINK PINK
                          BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                            So Chris Tanev scores arguably the biggest goal in RIT D-I hockey history, then Brandon Tanev scores inarguably the biggest goal in Providence College hockey history. Nice.
                            Speaking of Tanny: "Chris Tanev picked up the Babe Pratt Trophy for being the team's best defenseman."
                            RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

Boy, talk about a diamond in the rough! Great job by both Coach Wilson and the Canucks front office to recognize his potential.

Of course, guys with NHL talent and late growth spurts don't come along every day, but the longer Tanev is in the NHL the better it will be for RIT's recruiting.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Kind of surprised that Sacred Heart was the only AHA team scheduled to play ASU next year.

http://www.houseofsparky.com/2015/4/...ed-ua-wildcats
                                RIT Tigers

Comment

Working...
                                X