>>>>> RIT TIGERS - Roaring into the postseason <<<<<

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS - Roaring into the postseason <<<<<

In Buccigross' tournament preview show, he didn't even refer to us by name when going over the teams in the regional. We are simply "the 16th seed".
    RIT Tigers

AHC Pickem Regular Season Co-Champion - 2016-2017

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
      The writer specializes in being a jerk. He's on Twitter 18 hours a day trying to make people angry.
      He succeeded.

Comment

Dave Starman had some nice things to say on Twitter..
        "Remember @RITMHKY last tourney appearance?Dominant top d pair of Dan Ringwald and Chris Tanev. Liking this Kuqali-Brady Norrish pairing now"
        "Ringwald that season could have been a top 4 d on any team in the tourney. Tanev has become a big time NHL defenseman."

https://twitter.com/dstarmanhockey/s...74044911226881
        https://twitter.com/dstarmanhockey/s...74292559736832
        Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
        College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
        Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
        Men's Frozen Four 2010
        Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
        Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

• Quite the contrast between Starman, who is a great guy and who knows the game intimately, and the other dude.

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
            Now I feel old.
            The fact that an event happening 5 years ago makes you feel old makes me feel old

Originally posted by mar7967
            "Remember @RITMHKY last tourney appearance?Dominant top d pair of Dan Ringwald and Chris Tanev. Liking this Kuqali-Brady Norrish pairing now"
            "Ringwald that season could have been a top 4 d on any team in the tourney. Tanev has become a big time NHL defenseman."
            I firmly believe that d-pairing was a minimum a top 5 pairing in the country. Ringer was 26, experienced, and still went on to AHL hockey, while Tanev was, well, Tanev. I also think if Tanev stayed (not that I think he should have - obviously going to Vancouver worked out quite well for him and I'm not one to begrudge collegiate athletes making their money while they can) then the 2010-11 edition of the team would have been a top 15 team and may have competed for an at-large bid even if they couldn't get past Torf in the AHA final.

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post

https://twitter.com/dstarmanhockey/s...74044911226881
              https://twitter.com/dstarmanhockey/s...74292559736832
              The Ringwald/Tanev pairing was scary good and not just defensively. They also combined for 21 goals that year. I don't know if Kuqali/Brady Norrish are quite as good. However, I have been very impressed with them, especially since mid-season. And just remember, both of those guys are coming back next year.

Comment

One thing I didn't think about until today, we actually have a player on the roster with NCAA tournament experience: Greg Amlong. Amlong spent the last 2 years with UMass-Lowell. In 2013, he played in 3 games in the tournament, reaching the Semi-Finals. Last year, he sat out the 1st round, but played against BC in the 2nd round. It may not mean a lot, but having a player with tournament experience certainly isn't a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Haaafs View Post
                  One thing I didn't think about until today, we actually have a player on the roster with NCAA tournament experience: Greg Amlong. Amlong spent the last 2 years with UMass-Lowell. In 2013, he played in 3 games in the tournament, reaching the Semi-Finals. Last year, he sat out the 1st round, but played against BC in the 2nd round. It may not mean a lot, but having a player with tournament experience certainly isn't a bad thing.
                  Article on Amlong: http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...1b901ba220eb80

RIT Tigers
                  Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                    Hey mar7967, you're forgetting 2014 for Women's College Hockey America Champions 2015 in your signature block.

You can never have to much bling
                    R I T HOCKEY
                    Frozen Four
                    Elite Eight
                    NCAA Tournament
                    2010-2015-2016
                    RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
                      Hey mar7967, you're forgetting 2014 for Women's College Hockey America Champions 2015 in your signature block.

You can never have to much bling
                      oops, how could i forget?! Fixed

RIT Tigers
                      Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

Is this where I come to post "Minnesota State University, Mankato" in big and purple letters?
                        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                          Is this where I come to post "Minnesota State University, Mankato" in big and purple letters?
                          They teach you guys how to use the internet in Makato?
                          RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                            No, this is where you come to say: "Hey, great game, we really didn't see that loss coming, go take it to Harvard and good luck in the FF Tigers"
                            Last edited by blazer777; 03-28-2015, 10:48 AM.
                            RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

• Originally posted by kwh7433 View Post
                              This guy really did his research on RIT...not.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...164911268.html

"No. 16 Rochester Institute of Technology Tigers (19-14-5)

Key stat: RIT had a 54.3 percent corsi rating this season. In six non-conference games, though, they were out-attempted 307-245 (44.4 percent). That means they went 56.8 percent against Atlantic Hockey teams.

Top player: Senior Matt Grabowsky is this year's “guy from Atlantic Hockey who has a gaudy point total that would impress you if it were in any other conference.” Almost a third of his games were multiple-point nights. Out-of-conference scoring: 1-1-2 in six games.

NHL draft picks: None

Quick fact: They're playing the best possession team in the country. This could get ugly."

This dude hates the WCHA!

Comment

I really hope Mankato continues to be the San Jose Sharks of the NCAA.
                                e^x, dx/dy, Janni wants some apple pie

Go Tigers.

Comment

Working...
                                X