>>>>> RIT TIGERS - Roaring into the postseason <<<<<

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS - Roaring into the postseason <<<<<

Ruby's postseason so far: (1.50 GAA, .945 save percentage).

His season numbers are very close to DeMichiel in 2010:
    Ruby: 2.11 GAA, .923 save %
    DeMichiel: 2.09 GAA and .921 save %

The big difference is DeMike was 27-10-1 and Ruby is 10-7-4.

Comment

One random thought about the weekend...
      Did anyone else think it was odd that McGowan did not win tournament MVP? He scored 8 of the team's 16 tournament goals (iirc). Did the league think Garbo didn't have enough hardware to carry around yet?

Regardless... The Tigers were awesome ever since returning from the Marriucci Classic and really caught fire in February and March. What a great run (that may not be over yet)!
      I have to admit I really wasn't sure about this squad as recently as December, but I slowly came around the better they got. Coach was right. Awesome!
      Can't we all just get along?
      Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
        One random thought about the weekend...
        Did anyone else think it was odd that McGowan did not win tournament MVP? He scored 8 of the team's 16 tournament goals (iirc). Did the league think Garbo didn't have enough hardware to carry around yet?
        The AHA all tournament team only included play during the semifinals and finals at BCA. Personally, I voted for McGowan but I know of at one vote for Ruby and completely understand and support that vote as well.
        Scott Biggar
        WITR - Voice of the RIT Tigers
        Staff Writer - US College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Biggar View Post
          The AHA all tournament team only included play during the semifinals and finals at BCA. Personally, I voted for McGowan but I know of at one vote for Ruby and completely understand and support that vote as well.
          I thought Ruby was going to be MVP when Wildung was announced as the all-Tournament goaltender. (It's weird for the MVP not to be on the all-Tournament team, but the CHA did it this year with Binnington the MVP but not on the all-Tournament squad.) Rocky agreed with me, but we were wrong.

Powers &8^]

Comment

FWIW, Ruby was on my ballot for All-Tournament goalie and MVP.

Comment

Also, they collected the ballots at the final TV timeout, so McGowan's two goals came after the ballots were collected.

Comment

Has anyone heard about if/when the RIT ticket allotment will go on sale? The pickings are pretty slim on the Notre Dame ticket site.
                -M

Comment

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
                  Has anyone heard about if/when the RIT ticket allotment will go on sale? The pickings are pretty slim on the Notre Dame ticket site.
                  Now on RIT website ...

Tickets will be available at the Gene Polisseni Center starting Tuesday, March 23rd at 10am and ending at 4:30pm on Wednesday, March 24th. Sales will be conducted in person as well as over the phone at 585-475-4121. All tickets will be weekend passes, so they will get fans into both semifinal games on Saturday and the final on Sunday. Please check back for information regarding pricing.
                  -M

Comment

Now on RIT website ...

Tickets will be available at the Gene Polisseni Center starting Tuesday, March 23rd at 10am and ending at 4:30pm on Wednesday, March 24th. Sales will be conducted in person as well as over the phone at 585-475-4121. All tickets will be weekend passes, so they will get fans into both semifinal games on Saturday and the final on Sunday. Please check back for information regarding pricing.
                    Just back from some secret CIA mission?
                    RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                      Carey Pine posted this info on Facebook. Also tickets are $45 for the first 200 tickets for students and a bus for the first 65 students.

Comment

Glad to see the pep band will be going too!

Here is more complete information by Karey Pine on the RIT Corner Crew Facebook page.
                        "Tickets on sale Tuesday morning at 10 am and thru our box office (by phone or in person) until Wednesday at 4:30 pm. First 200 tickets subsidized to $45. Buses will leave Kate Gleason Circle at 5:15 am on Saturday, March 28th, and return from South Bend, Ind on Sunday, March 29th at either 10 am or immediately following Midwest regional final game on Sunday evening. Final departure time pending outcome of Saturday's tournament play. 65 seats available for buses. You must pick up your bus voucher from our box office on campus. And must be presented at boarding. So you CAN buy tix at subsidized price from anywhere - Rochester and beyond. But must pick up bus voucher in person at the Rochester box office. Hope this helps you all to plan as needed."
                        "Hotel accommodations are up to individuals to arrange. I will post information tmrw morning that my office researched on line today abt lodging near the campus and where there's availability. But folks need to make those arrangements individually."

Bus and subsidized tickets are for students only, first come/first serve. Ticket/Bus questions can best be answered by the RIT Box Office.
                        Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                        College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                        Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
                        Men's Frozen Four 2010
                        Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                        Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                          If I told you, I'd have to kill you ...

Just taking a sabbatical from forums and such. Been reading all along, just not posting. Maybe next season. Will be in South Bend & GO TIGERS!!!!
                          -M

Comment

I really hope we get a good (loud) showing. That will be HUGE for the team.

RIT Hockey FB Group
                            Facebook.com/groups/RITtigershockey

RIT '13

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                              Glad to see the pep band will be going too!
                              Didn't cross my mind that they wouldn't be going. Here's to a fun atmosphere and great game.
                              RIT Tigers

Comment

If I told you, I'd have to kill you ...

Just taking a sabbatical from forums and such. Been reading all along, just not posting. Maybe next season. Will be in South Bend & GO TIGERS!!!!
                                Welcome back RITProf. You have been missed on these boards.
                                R I T HOCKEY
                                Frozen Four
                                Elite Eight
                                NCAA Tournament
                                2010-2015-2016
                                RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Working...
                                X