Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lebanon Valley returning to NCAA varsity in 2016-17!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lebanon Valley returning to NCAA varsity in 2016-17!

As per an announcement on Instagram, lebanon valley is returning to varsity men's ice hockey in 2016-17!

They will also be debuting a women's hockey team that year.

Awesome news for LVC and awesome news for D3 hockey!

The hersheypark arena is back folks!!!
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: Lebanon Valley returning to NCAA varsity in 2016-17!

official announcement per LVC athletics website: http://www.godutchmen.com/news/2015/...x?path=mhockey
    GO LAKERS!!!
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

ECAC-W strings together a few years of relative mediocrity, and suddenly the brass in Hershey think they can compete again? /s

But in all seriousness, this is awesome! Between them and NYU, could we see 8 teams in the ECAC-W at some point?
      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
        ECAC-W strings together a few years of relative mediocrity, and suddenly the brass in Hershey think they can compete again? /s

But in all seriousness, this is awesome! Between them and NYU, could we see 8 teams in the ECAC-W at some point?
        There are grumblings of Stevenson starting a men's program as well....
        GO LAKERS!!!
        Oswego State '09

Comment

When it comes to conference affiliation, this part of the press release has me confused...
          "Lebanon Valley will begin the application process for conference membership, including exploring affiliations with new programs that may emerge regionally and within the Middle Atlantic Conference.
          Then again, should the Middle Atlantic Conference arise, who could blame all current ECAC-West members to "jump-ship" to the MAC? Would the SUNY's on the Women's side have enough to establish a SUNYAC?
          Dave
          RIT - '90

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            There are grumblings of Stevenson starting a men's program as well....
            That would be 78. And while 76 and 77 both yield numbers greater that 11.5, we all know the NC$$ loves to truncate instead of rounding, so we likely still get 11 teams... But 78 is the magic number that gives us exactly 12 (unless they change the access ratio from 6.5 to something higher)
            Plattsburgh CARDINALS
            SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
            ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
            NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
            NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
            NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
            NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by Transplanted Tiger Fan View Post
              When it comes to conference affiliation, this part of the press release has me confused...

Then again, should the Middle Atlantic Conference arise, who could blame all current ECAC-West members to "jump-ship" to the MAC? Would the SUNY's on the Women's side have enough to establish a SUNYAC?
              There would have to be a dramatic movement amongst the Middle Atlantic Conference schools to start up hockey as only Manhattanville and possibly Stevenson have teams.....
              GO LAKERS!!!
              Oswego State '09

Comment

That would be 78. And while 76 and 77 both yield numbers greater that 11.5, we all know the NC$$ loves to truncate instead of rounding, so we likely still get 11 teams... But 78 is the magic number that gives us exactly 12 (unless they change the access ratio from 6.5 to something higher)
                They didn't truncate when increasing the size of the women's field from 7 to 8. They changed to 8 as soon as the result of n/6.5 was greater than 7.5.
                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                  They didn't truncate when increasing the size of the women's field from 7 to 8. They changed to 8 as soon as the result of n/6.5 was greater than 7.5.
                  That was at a different time when the NCAA wasn't talking about cutting back costs though either....
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

There would have to be a dramatic movement amongst the Middle Atlantic Conference schools to start up hockey as only Manhattanville and possibly Stevenson have teams.....

There is going to be a new ECAC Women's league called the North Atlantic that is going to be created out the the new women's programs and the current independent women's programs. It will include Stevenson, Canton and some brand new programs. Is it possible that this development is being confused with the Middle Atlantic Conference? LVC's women's team would be a fit for the North Atlantic.

Comment

That was at a different time when the NCAA wasn't talking about cutting back costs though either....

The NCAA doesn't get enough money from that stupid basketball thing to maybe bump the DIII budget from 3% to 4%? The few bucks that would involve would hardly be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                        There is going to be a new ECAC Women's league called the North Atlantic that is going to be created out the the new women's programs and the current independent women's programs. It will include Stevenson, Canton and some brand new programs. Is it possible that this development is being confused with the Middle Atlantic Conference? LVC's women's team would be a fit for the North Atlantic.
                        I could see that on the women's side but really I don't see any other ECAC league other than the West wanting or needing Lebanon Valley.
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

I could see that on the women's side but really I don't see any other ECAC league other than the West wanting or needing Lebanon Valley.
                          I agree, I was speculating that the person who included the Middle Atlantic in the press release may have had his/her facts confused by the emerging new women's league.

Comment

As per an announcement on Instagram,
                            Even as a so-called millenial it strikes me as odd to announce via a photosharing site.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                              Even as a so-called millenial it strikes me as odd to announce via a photosharing site.
                              They announced it online on their website as well. I just saw it on instagram first.

That just goes to show you that people are reading the "news" in all forms of media nowadays. Instagram is where ALL the kids are nowadays.
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                              X