CHA final regular season weekend and tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHA final regular season weekend and tournament

The final regular season is here for the CHA, and seeding for the CHA tournament starting next weekend is up for grabs. Mercyhurst has already won the regular season, but the rest is still to be decided.

From GoPSUsports: "Syracuse and Penn State each have 20 points, good for a second-place tie. If Syracuse and Penn State remain tied after this weekend, Penn State gets the No. 2 seed due to having more conference wins (the head-to-head between the two teams is tied).

If Robert Morris sweeps Penn State this weekend and Syracuse is swept by RIT, Robert Morris will finish second, Penn State gets the No. 3 seed and Syracuse earns the No. 4 seed.

Penn State also earn a No. 3 seed by garnering at least one point against Robert Morris, if Syracuse leads Penn State in points after the weekend. If Penn State is swept by Robert Morris and Syracuse earns at least one point from RIT, then Syracuse is the No. 2 seed, Robert Morris is the No. 3 seed, and Penn State earns the No. 4 seed."

Mercyhurst and whoever ends up in second place both get a bye for next weekend's best-of-three tournament round. #6 plays at #3, and #5 plays at #4. Teams get reseeded after that round. The following weekend, the March 6 semifinals are played at the #1 and #2 seeded home arenas, and the March 7 CHA championship is played at #1 Mercyhurst.

Re: CHA final regular season weekend and tournament

What happened to Penn State this weekend? I'm only going to guess RoMo has figured out how to finally get something going right now. Which doesn't bode well for RIT this weekend.

Comment

Robert Morris was a lot more physical than Penn State, and just seemed a lot more determined to win. To be fair to goalie Celine Whitlinger, she wasn't getting a lot of help from the defense, either. This just doesn't look like the Penn State team that swept Mercyhurst at the holiday break.

Comment

Originally posted by ritBLKnORGsuit View Post
        What happened to Penn State this weekend? I'm only going to guess RoMo has figured out how to finally get something going right now. Which doesn't bode well for RIT this weekend.
        Perhaps now we should ask what happened to RoMo this weekend? I guess the easy answer is 'they ran into Ali Binnington', but I'd be curious for perspectives from anyone who was in Pittsburgh.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Working...
        X