Bill Beaney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Beaney

According to the USCHO article commemorating Coach Beaney's 600th win, it doesn't appear like he'll be coaching too much longer.

He answered the question to 700 with a definitive No and said he and his wife have a plan that hasn't been communicated publicly yet.

So that begs this question, is this the final year for Coach Beaney?
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: Bill Beaney

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    According to the USCHO article commemorating Coach Beaney's 600th win, it doesn't appear like he'll be coaching too much longer.

He answered the question to 700 with a definitive No and said he and his wife have a plan that hasn't been communicated publicly yet.

Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight.
    I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish, I wish tonight.
    We'll make a wish, and do as dreamers do, and all our wishes, will come true.

When you wish, upon a star
    Makes no difference who you are
    Anything your heart desires will come...to...you.

Pretty, huh? I'll bet a lot of you folks don’t believe that, about a wish coming true, do ya? We'll I didn’t either.
    Course, I’m just a Panther, but lemme tell you what made me change my mind.
    You see, the most fantastic, magical things can happen, and it all starts with a wish!

If your heart is in your dreams,
    No request is too extreme,
    When you wish upon a star.
    A wish is a powerful thing,
    especially when it comes from the heart.

Like a bolt out of the blue, fate steps in and sees you through.
    When you wish upon a star, your dreams...come true.

Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight.
    We'll make a wish, and do as dreamers do, and all our wishes, will come true.

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Like a bolt out of the blue, fate steps in and sees you through.
    When you wish upon a star, your dreams...come...true

Make a wish, and do as dreamers do
    And your wish...will...come...true!

Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight

Oh, a world of wishes.
    A world where dreams come true.
    So make a wish, see it through.
    Dare to do what dreamers do

We're all just children, reaching for our dreams.
    There shining high above us, and even though it seems, so far.
    We put our faith and hope on a shooting star.

Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight
    I wish I may I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight
    We'll make a wish, and do as dreamers do
    And all our wishes will come true!

Comment

Funny to see Bill Beaney without the word "Fire" on this forum!

In all seriousness though, he looked awfully relaxed during the Primelink tournament, including a great moment during the Championship game where I saw him holding a conversation with my (then) three year old son. Whatever he's decided, he definitely looked at peace with it.
      Steve
      Penn State Class of '95
      Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
        Funny to see Bill Beaney without the word "Fire" on this forum!

In all seriousness though, he looked awfully relaxed during the Primelink tournament, including a great moment during the Championship game where I saw him holding a conversation with my (then) three year old son. Whatever he's decided, he definitely looked at peace with it.
        I had a nice chat with him in the stands during the Primelink in Plattsburgh last year, and he was surprisingly candid when speaking off the record. We discussed hockey and his team's struggles, and it was great to hear his perspective on things. He's a great coach and nice guy, that's for sure. I have a lot of respect for him.
        Plattsburgh CARDINALS
        SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
        ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
        NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
        NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
        NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
        NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
          I had a nice chat with him in the stands during the Primelink in Plattsburgh last year, and he was surprisingly candid when speaking off the record. We discussed hockey and his team's struggles, and it was great to hear his perspective on things. He's a great coach and nice guy, that's for sure. I have a lot of respect for him.

Do coaches still look at this school as a viable NCAA championship job?

Comment

Originally posted by westscout View Post
            Do coaches still look at this school as a viable NCAA championship job?
            Only if they're intelligent. Do you really think the D3 landscape has shifted that significantly since their 2006 championship? Have you seen their on campus facillity?

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
              Only if they're intelligent. Do you really think the D3 landscape has shifted that significantly since their 2006 championship? Have you seen their on campus facillity?
              Not if they are in the parking lot! We parked about a mile away during the Primelink...
              Steve
              Penn State Class of '95
              Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Bill Beaney is a fine coach and a better human being. I've known him (not intimately), for over 25 years and I believe he will be included among the pantheon of Panther Coaches along with Nelson and Forbes,(and also non-hockey coach Bobo Sheehan).
                Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                  Not if they are in the parking lot! We parked about a mile away during the Primelink...
                  But admittedly it was so some Alumni could write off their taxes even more improvements to the facility - the parking area was full of construction equipment and supplies - which IMO should have lead management to seek an alternative venue this year.
                  Larry Normandin
                  SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                  WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                    But admittedly it was so some Alumni could write off their taxes even more improvements to the facility - the parking area was full of construction equipment and supplies - which IMO should have lead management to seek an alternative venue this year.
                    The parking has improved a little now that the field house is all but complete. There are some spots now but still for any large crowd, there will certainly be an overflow.
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

The parking has improved a little now that the field house is all but complete. There are some spots now but still for any large crowd, there will certainly be an overflow.
                      It is one of the finest facilities De Facto tax dollars can buy.
                      Larry Normandin
                      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

He is a great guy....I have talked to him a few times over the years....While I don't think this year will be his last,next year might....

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
                          He is a great guy....I have talked to him a few times over the years....While I don't think this year will be his last,next year might....
                          You are certainly right about him being a great guy, and I hope that you are right that this will not be his last year. This young team that he has now has so much promise...perhaps they could be contenders next year or the one after.I'd like to see one more appearance in the NCAA final four before he retires!
                          from behind the iron curtain...

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy d View Post
                            You are certainly right about him being a great guy, and I hope that you are right that this will not be his last year. This young team that he has now has so much promise...perhaps they could be contenders next year or the one after.I'd like to see one more appearance in the NCAA final four before he retires!
                            I'd love to see him win another National Championship and go out on top.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                              I'd love to see him win another National Championship and go out on top.
                              Not happening. The West recruits from better sources.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                              X