Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota hosts Michigan: 2/13 & 2/14

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    Agreed, Minnesota's helmets are ugly. What's with the upside-down W anyway?
    Wow, and I thought bucky fans were clueless.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
      Wow, and I thought bucky fans were clueless.
      Does it make you feel better to belittle other teams fans and their uniforms? You feel superior because you call other people clueless?

That's interesting. Maybe we should look into that more. Seems like you have some issues with your personal outlook. You need some more self esteem.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        Does it make you feel better to belittle other teams fans and their uniforms? You feel superior because you call other people clueless?

That's interesting. Maybe we should look into that more. Seems like you have some issues with your personal outlook. You need some more self esteem.
        Yes... it does make me feel better. But it is well justified because we are superior. Plus, have you seen your helmets? I mean come on!

Comment

Yes... it does make me feel better. But it is well justified because we are superior. Plus, have you seen your helmets? I mean come on!

For all of the arrogance that you guys are suppose to have- and to need to do that- well, just wonder about all of that arrogance.

Besides, our helmets are so cool that we don't have to put any kind of letter on them to identify ourselves.

Comment

The ugly helmet kinda reminds me of Ron Tugnutt's goalie masks with the beer splash design: http://tinypic.com/r/6p89pj/8

Comment

For all of the arrogance that you guys are suppose to have- and to need to do that- well, just wonder about all of that arrogance.

Besides, our helmets are so cool that we don't have to put any kind of letter on them to identify ourselves.
              Wonder and be in awe of our arrogance. It takes some work, but obviously we have perfected it.

I understand why you wouldn't want any additional identification on your helmets. With helmets that ugly, you'd want to keep as low of a profile as possible and not draw any additional attention to it.

Comment

This is a huge series for both teams. If Michigan can sweep, they are well on their way to winning the B1G season title. If the Gophers can sweep, our NCAA tourney chances start to look a whole lot better and we still get a shot at another B1G title. That said, either team sweeping will be tough imo, I think a split is the likely outcome.
                Originally posted by CavalryNate
                Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                  That said, either team sweeping will be tough imo, I think a split is the likely outcome.
                  Likely but not good enough! Gophers need to sweep!
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Wonder and be in awe of our arrogance. It takes some work, but obviously we have perfected it.

I understand why you wouldn't want any additional identification on your helmets. With helmets that ugly, you'd want to keep as low of a profile as possible and not draw any additional attention to it.
                    I sure don't think you've perfected the arrogance. If you were really arrogant, you would know that the fans on the other team feel the need to belittle you and your team, so that you would not have to stoop to those low levels- as you already know you are better.

So I don't think you know arrogance all that well.

We know who we are, and are confortable in our skins. And like the distinctive patterns that were carried over from the football team. Although, we've estalished that fact many times over.

I just find it amusing that one feels the need to make fun of our cool helmets. As if the requirement of a letter, so that people can identify who you are, is so needed. If you were that arrogant, you know that you would not need the letter, and could put some cool pattern on it that your fans like. Sort of like ours.

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                    This is a huge series for both teams. If Michigan can sweep, they are well on their way to winning the B1G season title. If the Gophers can sweep, our NCAA tourney chances start to look a whole lot better and we still get a shot at another B1G title. That said, either team sweeping will be tough imo, I think a split is the likely outcome.
                    A split for this weekend would be tough, but acceptable. We'd win the series 3-1 with that. May end up being behind PSU for first if that happened- so we need to sweep.

Comment

[QUOTE=alfablue;6097523]I just find it amusing that one feels the need to make fun of our cool helmets. As if the requirement of a letter, so that people can identify who you are, is so needed. If you were that arrogant, you know that you would not need the letter, and could put some cool pattern on it that your fans like. Sort of like ours. [QUOTE]

As much as i dislike Michigan i love the helmet.

Comment

I sure don't think you've perfected the arrogance. If you were really arrogant, you would know that the fans on the other team feel the need to belittle you and your team, so that you would not have to stoop to those low levels- as you already know you are better.

So I don't think you know arrogance all that well.
                        That's the beauty of tArrogance. We really don't care what you think and we have the freedom to stoop to any level we wish. We already do know better, so that is our privilege to do so as we see fit. But it's not just about knowing better, it's knowing we are better than you. Which I think this is illustrating perfectly.

We know who we are, and are confortable in our skins. And like the distinctive patterns that were carried over from the football team. Although, we've estalished that fact many times over.

I just find it amusing that one feels the need to make fun of our cool helmets. As if the requirement of a letter, so that people can identify who you are, is so needed. If you were that arrogant, you know that you would not need the letter, and could put some cool pattern on it that your fans like. Sort of like ours.
                        That part gets me. If you were really comfortable, you wouldn't be so offended by the constant razzing you take for the helmets. So let's see... put on some weird pattern that most people think is ugly, or put on the unifying symbol of your school that is pretty much universally recognized? Seems like a no-brainer to me, but maybe that's because I just know better.

Comment

A split for this weekend would be tough, but acceptable. We'd win the series 3-1 with that. May end up being behind PSU for first if that happened- so we need to sweep.
                          Frankly this would be common wisdom (based on the Goph's/Wolverine's recent performance). But there are several reason to think that may not be the case (this weekend at least). 1) The last 4 games these teams have met have been in Ann Arbor and the Gophers did play well enough...but just didn't get it done. We maybe lose only one of those games in at home. And frankly, IMO Minnesota matches up well with Michigan's play style 2) We rise to the occasion we play 'the team to beat'. The Gophers have throttled BC most of the last several games they have played them. They get up for the few opponents that are above them in the standings. 3) We've got a couple of guys that are appearing to turn it around - Boyd who is emerging as the most prolific player on the team and Bristedt with a loaded overseas resume. These changes are resulting in upgrading of individual lines.

We'll see but I expect at least a split (and a very intense first period Friday night).
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

So let's see... put on some weird pattern that most people think is ugly, or put on the unifying symbol of your school that is pretty much universally recognized? Seems like a no-brainer to me, but maybe that's because I just know better.

The winged helmet is pretty much universally recognized. (I can't believe I'm about to say this) Just look at the golden domers, no need for a dancing leprechaun or ND on their helmets. You see the shiny gold helmet, you know who it is. You see the winged helmet, you know who it is.

I find the whole 'tArrogance' adorable. That your posters must continually refer to it, as if to make an excuse for saying things which might be construed as arrogant, shows a lack of arrogance.

It's ok. At Michigan, we're better than you, and we know it.

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                            ...2) We rise to the occasion we play 'the team to beat'. The Gophers have throttled BC most of the last several games they have played them. They get up for the few opponents that are above them in the standings...
                            Your reason 2 I'm not comprehending. Looking at Minnesota's results this season I see 10 games vs. opponents who were ranked at the time of the game, with a record against them of 4-6, 3 of those wins are against teams that are no longer ranked (St Cloud and Notre Dame). Looking at your record vs. teams currently in the top 16 PWR shows a record of 2-6. Ok, you beat BC. Congrats. Also, "the few opponents that are above them in the standings", let's not kid ourselves, that's most teams. The whole B1G conference is full of middle of the road teams this year... except 'sconnie, they're just terrible.
                            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                            7 B1G
                            7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                            6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                            5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                            5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                            2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                            2 Alaskan

Comment

i so love puffy-chest U fans. Is it the concept of irony or hypocrisy that you lack more?

Gophers sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                                The winged helmet is pretty much universally recognized.
                                Wings on your helmets? Who knew wolverines had wings, maybe it's like that mystical/mythical (wooger) creature that the seawolves use.

Cute

Comment

Working...
                                X